Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

panther4life

Spotrac's Greg Hardy Contract Forecast(Bigger than CJ'S deal)

51 posts in this topic

He deserves to get paid but we shouldn't sacrifice the entire team for him. I love him but him playing across from CJ helps him immensely.

Is this Spunktrac outfit reputable? How accurate are past predictions?

Sent from my DROID4 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

My prediction?

Gettlemen "overpays" him.....everyone is stunned just like they were when he drafted a LB, RB, etc despite us having virtually no picks. A week later people find ways to endorse it as smart and something Hurney wouldn't of done. Doesn't have to be that number but in the CJ ballpark

Big Cat magic

lol..  for real though, you have to replace magic with magic...  expensive RB/LB for cheap LB/RB... 

oh, and yall should take a step back and stop clowning yourselves on Hardy...

We'll be drafting jadaveon anyway so let him walk.

A million per sack if he has a good year.

We needed CJ much worse at the time than we need Hardy now.

No way in hell I would do that deal.

If Hardy gets that there is no way Cam gets less than 100 mil

We'll be drafting jadaveon anyway so let him walk.

Jadeveon will have a torn ACL midway through the season... 

We can only have so many huge contract players but I think the D-line is the best place to sink tons of money besides the QB position. 

Now, that's not to say I'd be happy with a deal that huge.  There are different variables every year.  If that website had done the same thing when CJ was getting his what would the contract have looked like?   We overpaid by quite a bit because there was a strong market for DE and Atlanta was a leader in wanting CJ.  Those are the two reasons we overpaid.  

With Hardy, it's a year before his contract is up.  The market isn't the same as it was when CJ got paid.  We can still use the franchise tag on him and almost get out cheaper to pay him that over 2 years after this year.  He's making almost nothing now.  Next year would be around 11 million for the tag and 13.5 or so for teh year after.  So, in essense it's the same as resigning him on a new 3 year deal for 25 million and none of it except the present year is guanteed.  He get hurt at any point we can cut him and only owe him that years salery. 

That's our leverage and why Hardy will not get an 80 million dollar contract. 

There is no one else except Cam we would franchaise and we would not have to do that for another two years.