Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Spotrac's Greg Hardy Contract Forecast(Bigger than CJ'S deal)

51 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

if talking about tagging.

If Cam is franchised it means his 5th year option was picked up....which means he and Luke's rookie deals run out at same time.

“If a player is picked 1-10, then the 5th year option is going to be the average of the top-10 players at the respective player’s position.  So, if you’re quarterback and go number-two in the Draft, then your fifth year option salary will be the average of the top-ten quarterbacks.  The option is exercised after the third season, so it would be based upon the top-ten quarterback salaries at that time.  If you’re picked 11-32, then the 5th year club option is the average salary of the top 3rd through 25th player in that position.”

found it. yeah all 1st rounders have a 5th year option built in

Posted · Report post

If Gett Dawg pays him like that I will rage.

Posted · Report post

"Where's Nzegwu's number?"

...is what G-Man better be asking himself if that's the asking price.

Posted · Report post

i'd be so pissed.  he's not even the best de on our team

Posted · Report post

And here fans thought J-Stew's and D-Will's contracts were bad. A 60-80 million dollar contract would be hilarious to be honest. The Kraken would go from a beloved, fan-favorite to a cancer overnight.

Posted · Report post

Did any of you honestly think we'd lock up a double digit sack DE for cheap?

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Did any of you honestly think we'd lock up a double digit sack DE for cheap?

Should you lock up a guy based off one season to big money....when the position isn't a glaring hole?

What are we the Panthers? Yeah, that is what other teams say

Posted · Report post

Should you lock up a guy based off one season to big money....when the position isn't a glaring hole?

What are we the Panthers? Yeah, that is what other teams say

I don't want to lock him up at all.

Posted · Report post

Save the money for what we'll have to pay for Luke, Cam, Star and hopefully some decent O-players.

Posted · Report post

I'm the guy who says pay your QB and pass rushers premium money.  But fug that.   

Posted · Report post

First big test for getts. Can't pay that much and develop an all around good team. Rather see that kind of money go to oline and a receiver for cam. Maybe nicks if he bounces back from his injury.

The days of overpaying guys regardless of how much we love them have to be over.

Posted · Report post

Maybe we can get Hardy to sign a deal thats heavily loaded with guaranteed money, but very little base salary.  Most players only care about the guaranteed anyway, as they generally get cut or restructure near the end of their contract.

I will tell you this though, you can't LOCK the Kraken up.  No chains can contain him.