Photo
- - - - -

Spotrac's Greg Hardy Contract Forecast(Bigger than CJ'S deal)

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#46 FirstRoundPick

FirstRoundPick

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 979 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 06:47 PM

I'm the guy who says pay your QB and pass rushers premium money.  But fug that.   

#47 FattyFatFat

FattyFatFat

Buddhist Monk

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,349 posts
  • LocationMint Hill

Posted 29 August 2013 - 07:30 PM

First big test for getts. Can't pay that much and develop an all around good team. Rather see that kind of money go to oline and a receiver for cam. Maybe nicks if he bounces back from his injury.

The days of overpaying guys regardless of how much we love them have to be over.

#48 Frizzy350

Frizzy350

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,951 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 11:15 PM

Maybe we can get Hardy to sign a deal thats heavily loaded with guaranteed money, but very little base salary.  Most players only care about the guaranteed anyway, as they generally get cut or restructure near the end of their contract.

I will tell you this though, you can't LOCK the Kraken up.  No chains can contain him.

#49 Toolbox

Toolbox

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,053 posts
  • Locationnc

Posted 30 August 2013 - 12:26 AM

no way in hell hardy will smell more than 50 mil

#50 Catalyst

Catalyst

• HUDDLER
  • 4,040 posts
  • LocationMorehead City

Posted 30 August 2013 - 05:53 AM

No way Gettleman agrees to a deal the size of CJ's. The overall total value MIGHT look something like it, but it'll be one of those deals where the last year or two are jacked up to increase the total value of the contract. 6 years, $55-$60 million is my prediction. Any less than that and we get a steal.

#51 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• HUDDLER
  • 10,755 posts
  • LocationConcord, NC

Posted 30 August 2013 - 06:22 AM

I keep saying and telling everyone that Hardy is worth way more then CJ was when it came contract time. Hardy plays against the LT, Is younger, more explosive and more versatile then CJ was at that time.

He's rated a top 5 4-3 DE and some have him as the best in the NFL already. He's going to get elite money. No question about it, the question is where and from what team the money is coming from.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.