Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Official UNC vs SC Gameday Thread

276 posts in this topic

Posted

sounds like we have a Clowney apologist on our hands

Posted

yeah i think theyre micro analyzing Clowney. happens when youre a national known player. panther fans know it well.

Minus the first couple plays each drive or right when he comes back in from a rest, he wasn't very impressive. When he was fully rested, he looked amazing though. 

Posted

sounds like we have a Clowney apologist on our hands

being a Clowney "apologist" is a pretty safe bet, if he plays this well when he's tired, eesh..

Posted

I think hurst did a great job on him..

Posted

I was hoping for a better game.. but until defense gets fixed carolina doesn't belong in the top.

1 person likes this

Posted

Jesus Christ its the 1st game and its almost 100 degrees on the field and Clowney gets overheated chasing people around all game he gets tired and the announcers talk poo about him....fug them haters.

I am not a SC fan and you can count me as one who is tired of hearing about Clowney.

But you are absolutely right. I hate it for Clowney because he will be picked apart and watched on every play. Just let him play damn football. It is 100 degrees and UNC plays fast. That whole defense has looked gassed when UNC had long drives, not just Clowney.

1 person likes this

Posted

As a UNC fan I am not as discouraged as I should be. We got punched in the mouth by a good team and once the game settled in we were alright, but by that point we were to far away. Not getting the TD on the first drive of the second half then giving up a 75 yard TD run put this game away unless something absolutely bizzare happens.

Posted

Remember what the 9ers did after the SB blackout?

#Heels

#17 unanswered

Posted

Umm, Clowney getting picked apart is good. . .maybe he'll fall to us in the draft :)

1 person likes this

Posted

yeah i think theyre micro analyzing Clowney. happens when youre a national known player. panther fans know it well.

Sorry, but he is in horrendous shape. The other guys on the defense weren't having to come off the field every other play. There were some plays where Clowney literally gave zero effort. Pathetic.

And Hurst deserves some credit for that, by the way. I will say that Clowney did completely dictate UNC's gameplan, so I will credit him for that. But his trash talk about he was going to "expose" Hurst? What a joke.

Posted

Little late to this conversation, but it looks like Clowney was pulling an Albert Haynesworth for much of this game.  I don't get it, how can he be so tired?  Usually you have this problem with DTs.  Also you may have good DEs taking plays off on the field.  Yet Clowney was huffing and puffing out there.  I can only think of one or two things here.  One, maybe there's an underlying problem concerning his health.  Definitely don't want that to be it.  Two, all this hype and attention went to his head, and he wants to be the first true defensive player to win the Heisman.  Every play he's trying to cause a sack fumble, pick it up and run for a touchdown.  So with each snap, he's going a thousand miles an hour.  When the sack fumble doesn't happen, he beats himself up over it.  Ultimately wearing himself out.

This is just the first game, so hopefully he can correct this problem.

1 person likes this

Posted

South Carolina-North Carolina game has now been suspended longer than Johnny Manziel.