Photo
* * * - - 2 votes

Official UNC vs SC Gameday Thread

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
275 replies to this topic

#265 weyco2000

weyco2000

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 30 August 2013 - 01:38 PM

USC is loaded on defense, their secondary can cover and tackle. It's to bad that Clowneys lack of effort and big mouth over-shadowed a solid defensive effort, against a potent offense. Heck many times they were playing with 10 guys on D!

UNC could've laid down early after going down by 17, to their credit they didn't. The muffed punt was a huge momentum shift, at that point the USC D was gassed. Thought Renner rushed a lot of throws by expecting pressure, that wasn't there. IMO AJ Blue opened the door for Francis and or Logan on the depth chart.

#266 4Corners

4Corners

2014 Huddle Poster of the Year.

HUDDLER

Posted 30 August 2013 - 01:46 PM

I didn't realize how bad Georgia has it. They really could start of 0-2 which would ruin their year.

I think UGA rolls on Clemson tomorrow. Clemson, just like FSU, is overrated on a yearly basis. They both benefit by playing in a weak ACC. Can you imagine what would have happened if FSU had to play UGA instead of Northern Illinois (who didnt even have their HC who took the job at NC State) in the orange bowl last year? Yikes!

Still Clemson has the ability to score points. A lot of them. And it really shows you how bad ass the dawgs are that they're willing to take on such an OOC challenge despite playing in a brutal SEC.

One thing about college FB is if you are going to lose lose early.

#267 Carolinaguy

Carolinaguy

Native Charlottean

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 30 August 2013 - 02:21 PM

Wait, the real USC (Southern Cal) is playing in Hawaii...

...oh, you mean Spurrier's Cocks

Thank God for Alabama. King Spurrier will always be owned in the SEC. Shame to the real Carolina. A great school with a lousy track record in football. 

#268 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

HUDDLER

Posted 30 August 2013 - 02:55 PM

He should've been doing suicides and riding the bike last February. It's too late for that, the week is a time for healing and not for killing yourself trying to get in better shape, it's a long season my friend. He was stonewalled last night, even if he did disrupt the entire flow of the offense I think the game went about as most people expected.

i think it was a combo. for the first time he was lining up in dif spots instead of staying stationary and UNC went out of there way to make sure he didn't get to the QB. So credit to them for that but JD's mere presence caused UNC to game plan so much for him that it shrunk their playbook some.

it does show the benefit of the West Coast offense to counter a pass rush tho.

UNC needs a better running game and depth on the D side. Fedora is the right guy to get that going.

#269 CPcavedweller

CPcavedweller

Instigator

HUDDLER

Posted 30 August 2013 - 10:32 PM

i think it was a combo. for the first time he was lining up in dif spots instead of staying stationary and UNC went out of there way to make sure he didn't get to the QB. So credit to them for that but JD's mere presence caused UNC to game plan so much for him that it shrunk their playbook some.

it does show the benefit of the West Coast offense to counter a pass rush tho.

UNC needs a better running game and depth on the D side. Fedora is the right guy to get that going.

I think it shrunk their play book a lot but the fake reads UNC was doing were some of the best executed I've seen, you can color me impressed. I'm not a fan of UNC though just a casual observer. I pull for Virginia tech mostly but now that App is moving up I can't pull for both. It's not in my nature to split my loyalties.

#270 GSO_Pantherz

GSO_Pantherz

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 30 August 2013 - 10:44 PM

Unc sucks

#271 PantherWake

PantherWake

How Bout Dem Gamecocks

HUDDLER

Posted 30 August 2013 - 10:49 PM

Im just glad we got the W with no injuries. GO GAMECOCKS!

#272 TheMaulClaw

TheMaulClaw

SUPPORTER

Posted 31 August 2013 - 02:29 PM

Lol, if so, he might as well just head for the pros.  Gamecocks had more talent and spurrier is a proven coach but an easy win?  UNC's defensive scheme looked very pop warnerish...that defensive scheme isn't gonna win many games in the ACC much less the SEC. 

No adjustment to apply pressure when the front four weren't successful, missed assignments and tackles that resulted in 2 big play TDs.  I guess it is an improvement from last year when UNC was giving up almost 35+ per game...it's kind of ironic because over the years, the one thing UNC usually did was play good defense even when the team was God-awful. 

And then it's 4 and 2 at the goal line (20-7) and you kick a FG?  Not on the road and an underdog...what the hell is the coaching staff thinking?

As for Clowney, great player but too much hype right now.  I'll pull for the Gamecocks to win the SEC but clearly they have some holes to fill because GA has a better and more experienced offense.

Clowney is a great player.  The Tarheels game planned away from Clowney.  We were up big early, why take the risk with him.   Listen no offense to UNC, their program has potential.....but won't capitalize on it until they get serious about expanding their stadium.   And kudos to the tackle for UNC for doing a good job.   This game should not be used as any real indication of the overhyped/underhyped debate regarding JClown. Our biggest game of the year is next week, we had to make sure he's a 100 percent for that one.  Expect to see JC a lot more active next week against Georgia. 

#273 SOJA

SOJA

Official Panthers Fan

HUDDLER

Posted 31 August 2013 - 03:05 PM

I love Ebron and Q. Davis' potential. USC has got a great d this year

#274 Delhommey

Delhommey

Moderators

Posted 31 August 2013 - 10:52 PM

no I didn't

Which is why you know nothing.

#275 Delhommey

Delhommey

Moderators

Posted 02 September 2013 - 10:05 PM

Big talk from a fan of a school who just had, like, 11 draft picks.

Remember that thread?

Can u even name the starting qb for fsu?

Hey Roge, who's our starting QB?

#276 Delhommey

Delhommey

Moderators

Posted 02 September 2013 - 10:07 PM

UNC Football fans: The reason the ACC gets a bad name.