Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gettis left the game (hamstring).

40 posts in this topic

Posted

Gettis injured before the season.  In other news water is still wet.

2 people like this

Posted

Well, I found it odd they made a point to mention he was actually much higher on the depth chart than many believed....

Ability to actually suit up probably will factor

Also, don't overlook the entire camp we had....Gettis didn't impress per reports despite his ever growing fan club

smith, lafell, ginn, hixon, edwards... who do you propose gets the sixth spot? or are you suggesting we just run with five?

Posted

Was just listening to the post game presser with Rivera and when asked about Gettis he said they didn't know how bad the hammy was but they'll check it out...

And if it wasn't already obvious though just from a numbers standpoint, Rivera basically just confirmed Gettis is a lock, which I'm sure Bersin appreciates, lol.

He said they'd check out his injury and "hopefully, it's not too bad and he won't miss much time. Maybe a week or a few weeks, but hopefully not even a week."

Why would you care about a bubble guy's injury if it's over a week? He also said some very flattering things about Ginn and Hixon.

Posted

smith, lafell, ginn, hixon, edwards... who do you propose gets the sixth spot? or are you suggesting we just run with five?

I think we carry 6.....6th spot is up for grabs with Gettis looking for it. 6th WR spot isn't normally about having promising talent but more who can suit up and play special teams IMO.

Posted

No way we run with less than 6 wide receivers. Gettis already sealed up his spot.

Posted

I think we carry 6.....6th spot is up for grabs with Gettis looking for it. 6th WR spot isn't normally about having promising talent but more who can suit up and play special teams IMO.

so who, then, if not gettis? bersin?

Posted

so who, then, if not gettis? bersin?

That is my guess. Durability also factors in. We will see.

Maybe they roll with 5 and put the rest on the practice squad. Roll heavy OL until things clear up and them bring up another

Posted

Uhh no offense to Bersin, but I just can't see him making it over Gettis.

Posted

Again, Rivera said they hoped to have Gettis back soon and hopefully it won't even keep him out a week. That doesn't sound like a guy that's getting cut.

Posted

Uhh no offense to Bersin, but I just can't see him making it over Gettis.

B/c he doesn't have as high of a ceiling therefore isn't as sexy....

6th WR spot isn't about playing WR....about helping in other ways. Maybe neither makes the roster.

1 person likes this

Posted

Again, Rivera said they hoped to have Gettis back soon and hopefully it won't even keep him out a week. That doesn't sound like a guy that's getting cut.

They have has Gettis for years now....and he hasn't been in the active roster.

To be fair, if he isn't on the active roster I doubt they feel anyone is going to steal him.

Posted

They have has Gettis for years now....and he hasn't been in the active roster.

To be fair, if he isn't on the active roster I doubt they feel anyone is going to steal him.

So you're saying Rivera hopes he's back within a week so he's healthy after he's cut?