Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gettis left the game (hamstring).

40 posts in this topic

Posted

That is my guess. Durability also factors in. We will see.

Maybe they roll with 5 and put the rest on the practice squad. Roll heavy OL until things clear up and them bring up another

durability is great, but i'd rather have a talented guy who deals with injuries at times than an immortal fourth-stringer who otherwise doesn't look like an NFL-caliber receiver.

unless we cut them both and run with five receivers or bring in a new guy entirely (which is conceivable) i don't think there's any chance bersin makes this roster and gettis doesn't.

1 person likes this

Posted

So you're saying Rivera hopes he's back within a week so he's healthy after he's cut?

I think Rivera considers Armond Smith and Poole Panthers and would refer to them in the same manner....

some guys he knows aren't going to be on the active squad unless something happens to bump them up from practice squad.

Posted

durability is great, but i'd rather have a talented guy who deals with injuries at times than an immortal fourth-stringer who otherwise doesn't look like an NFL-caliber receiver.

unless we cut them both and run with five receivers or bring in a new guy entirely (which is conceivable) i don't think there's any chance bersin makes this roster and gettis doesn't.

But your 6th string WR isn't going to play WR.....he needs to be a special teams player.

What is Gettis going to do on Sunday? He won't play WR or return. That last spot needs to go to whoever can play coverage on ST the best. Don't know who that is.....doesn't sound like either

Posted

Thanks people. Gettis will probably land on PUP or designate to return IR. Everyone is one his you know what because of some flashes on 3rd string player. He is not Thomas Davis. People need to realize he wont make the active roster unless an injury happen to people in front of him. Smith, Lafell, Ginn, Hixson, Edwards and someone else back up WR that is probably a gunner on special teams

Posted

I think Rivera considers Armond Smith and Poole Panthers and would refer to them in the same manner....

some guys he knows aren't going to be on the active squad unless something happens to bump them up from practice squad.

Rivera also mentioned Smith. He said he needs to work on his vision because he missed several cuts and instead just "put his head down and ran into the pile." He then added a consolatory, "but he's a tough kid."

If we keep 4 RBs, it would be Poole, but I doubt that 4th RB would mean we only keep 5 WRs. Additionally, I could be mistaken, but I dont think Gettis is eligible for the practice squad.

Posted

Rivera also mentioned Smith. He said he needs to work on his vision because he missed several cuts and instead just "put his head down and ran into the pile." He then added a consolatory, "but he's a tough kid."

If we keep 4 RBs, it would be Poole, but I doubt that 4th RB would mean we only keep 5 WRs. Additionally, I could be mistaken, but I dont think Gettis is eligible for the practice squad.

I only brought those guys up b/c I was just showing that he can speak about a guys future...and it not be about them being on our active roster at the present.

What are practice squad rules.... 3 years of eligibility if you never played a season. 2 if you have?

He only was practice squad last year? Right?

Posted

Glasshouse Gettis...

It's looking more and more like he will never be healthy enough to contribute.

Posted

...nother fricken excuse... i'll take bersin, at least he can take the field. might be the next Proehl...ah prolly not...

Posted

he'll likely still make the team... if we run with six receivers who's going to take his spot? bersin? lol

Does Bersin play special teams? 

Posted

And all the Gettis fanboys are heartbroken

Posted

Glasshouse Gettis...

It's looking more and more like he will never be healthy enough to contribute.

Between him and Hixon they make 1 healthy receiver maybe

Posted

Anyone consider the possibility that it could just be an abundance of caution?  Step back from the cliff, guys.

1 person likes this