#31 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,678 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 30 August 2013 - 12:14 PM

Yea, he's clearly been the third Wr all preaseason. Hixon probably has the 4th spot, ginn the 5th, Gettis the 6th.

Dude played one game. Caught two passes for 38yds. Really?

#32 cbully

cbully

• HUDDLER
  • 2,035 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 12:50 PM

at the end of the day Edwards is still the weak link.

#33 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• ALL-PRO
  • 11,621 posts
  • LocationConcord, NC

Posted 30 August 2013 - 02:34 PM

It's not all about the games. He was pretty far ahead based on camp. He was the first Wr out off the bench when his hammy was fine. He has a spot locked and has for a while. That spot happens to be the 3rd Wr or slot guy

#34 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 19,678 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 30 August 2013 - 03:07 PM

It's not all about the games. He was pretty far ahead based on camp. He was the first Wr out off the bench when his hammy was fine. He has a spot locked and has for a while. That spot happens to be the 3rd Wr or slot guy

Even with Ginn's huge game last night vs. the Steelers' "backups", I have yet seen anyone to solidify the no.3 spot. Imo, that spot is still up for grab.

#35 Panther17

Panther17

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,930 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 03:27 PM

Until these guys show up consistently in real games, it's still a question mark outside of Smitty for the WRs.

#36 Guest_hokebuck1_*

Guest_hokebuck1_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 August 2013 - 03:29 PM

at the end of the day Edwards is still the weak link.

And I always thought it was Cam Newton lack of accuracy that was the weak link ( Newton has averaged a completion percentage of 58.9% through his first two season) SMH!

#37 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 14,084 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 30 August 2013 - 03:39 PM

And I always thought it was Cam Newton lack of accuracy that was the weak link ( Newton has averaged a completion percentage of 58.9% through his first two season) SMH!

Yet I get a warning. This guy does nothing but troll.

#38 Match.com

Match.com

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,394 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia, PA

Posted 30 August 2013 - 04:12 PM

Tell somebody else to get open and you won't have that problem. Do you watch the games? Do you know football? Lafell aint running open on every play. The fact we have so many guys competing at wr should tell you something. A double covered Steve Smith is often a better option than a slightly maydropitanyway Lafell. You guys act like Cam is forcing it to smitty while somebody else is waving their hands in the end zone. 

But hey haters gonna hate!!

:ss: CAM THROW ME THE BALL!!!

:cam2: I WOULD HAVE BUT SEE LAFELL WAS SLIGHTLY OPEN IN THE FLAT ON 3RD AND LONG.

:rr: DAMN IT CAM I SAID THREE STEP DROP AND THROW IT TO SMITTY

:jc: PUT ME IN COACH I CAN THROWS IT REAL GOODS

First of all don't call me a hater because that is a false statement and yes, I do watch every game since I was 1996 even when I outside the United States. Lots of time I see cam force the ball to olsen or Smith when Dwill is in the flat or lefell is in the same frame.

#39 Cpt slay a ho

Cpt slay a ho

Lord Flacko

• HUDDLER
  • 2,282 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 30 August 2013 - 11:09 PM

.......did anyone watch gettis cause db's to get i believe three flags in that ravens game.......wr play goes far beyond stats on NFL.com the group of guys we got can get the job done i'll take hixon ,gettis ,ginn edwards over most or any slot cb in the NFL

#40 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• ALL-PRO
  • 17,896 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 11:37 PM

So are they going to rotate these guys in situationally until one exceeds expectations are will will actually have a solid #3 starting next week?

#41 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• HUDDLER
  • 7,847 posts
  • LocationNonya

Posted 30 August 2013 - 11:43 PM

Edwards play in TC doesn't still doesn't answer the question can he catch passes in traffic while player (who are not his teammates) are trying to knock his block off.

I don't see how he can get the number #3 job with a good TC and 2 catches in 1 preseason game.

#42 Swaggasaurus

Swaggasaurus

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,835 posts
  • LocationWilkesboro

Posted 30 August 2013 - 11:54 PM

Edwards play in TC doesn't still doesn't answer the question can he catch passes in traffic while player (who are not his teammates) are trying to knock his block off.

I don't see how he can get the number #3 job with a good TC and 2 catches in 1 preseason game.

I don't see how he could be ruled out of the #3 job...Hixon has maybe practiced three times this off season, Ted Ginn is still Ted Ginn. Gettis has a fresh hammy issue. So really for me the #3 could be AE or Ginn, Hixon could work his way up the chart, but needs to stay on the field. Armanti could have developed majorly this off season, I saw a major improvement in TC for sure.

#43 CPcavedweller

CPcavedweller

• HUDDLER
  • 2,418 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 12:15 AM

Tell somebody else to get open and you won't have that problem. Do you watch the games? Do you know football? Lafell aint running open on every play. The fact we have so many guys competing at wr should tell you something. A double covered Steve Smith is often a better option than a slightly maydropitanyway Lafell. You guys act like Cam is forcing it to smitty while somebody else is waving their hands in the end zone.

But hey haters gonna hate!!

:ss: CAM THROW ME THE BALL!!!

:cam2: I WOULD HAVE BUT SEE LAFELL WAS SLIGHTLY OPEN IN THE FLAT ON 3RD AND LONG.

:rr: DAMN IT CAM I SAID THREE STEP DROP AND THROW IT TO SMITTY

:jc: PUT ME IN COACH I CAN THROWS IT REAL GOODS

Someone posted the drop per attempted catch at the end of last season and if I remember correctly Lafell had like the second or third best percentage. He's more sure handed then any other receiver we have. If you need proof I will look it up tomorrow and get the numbers for you.

#44 CPcavedweller

CPcavedweller

• HUDDLER
  • 2,418 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 12:17 AM

I believe Ginn has earned the third spot. If the past is any indication he won't play a major role though. If the coaches think the need to gameplan around him having the ball then I say go for it. He can't be any worse than lagedrop or Louis "irunstraight" Murphy.

#45 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• HUDDLER
  • 7,847 posts
  • LocationNonya

Posted 31 August 2013 - 12:38 AM

I don't see how he could be ruled out of the #3 job...Hixon has maybe practiced three times this off season, Ted Ginn is still Ted Ginn. Gettis has a fresh hammy issue. So really for me the #3 could be AE or Ginn, Hixon could work his way up the chart, but needs to stay on the field. Armanti could have developed majorly this off season, I saw a major improvement in TC for sure.

Looking good in TC has never been a problem for AE. I still need to see more of looking good in game situation. His injuries IMO should have cost him in this competition more then it seems. Ginn and Gettis should be the front runners.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com