Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

American Slavery, GET OVER IT!

49 posts in this topic

Posted

edit: duplicate post

Posted

Are you sure that's the worst? I think I'd much rather not know I'm a slave than the whole whippy/rapey kind.

i suppose that all depends on who's holding the whip and doing the rapin'

Posted

you can always tell when someone has passively learned something via their over paid and under exercised professor tells them what to think.

the worst form of slavery is when you don't even know you are one for someone else.

Hey guyz black people sold each other don't forget!

Posted

They sure did Del. Bitter much?

Posted

All four of those things are just much too interesting to forget

Posted

Irish settlers became slaves to the u.s. civil war. Where's the outrage for them? Or how about all of the slaves shanghaied from the orient? They never get a thread. But we sure use them railroads, don't we? When's the threads for all of the injustices against the jewish slaves in egypt coming? The pyramids are very admirable, but I guess not thosse who really built them? Never seen a thread about sex slaves and the thriving industry enterprised by the saudis. Iliegal ims are captured & forced into slavery by the cartels everyday, but no outrage here. Let's definately not forget the chinese slaves who kill themselves daily to escape the bondage forced onto them by major corps & emperial rule. Then there's africa who still sell slaves today. I guess we'll care about them a few hundred years now, huh? What great crusaders you guys are? All of the injustices deemed upon ALL of our bretheren throughout history and currently in the world, yet you beat 100 yr old horse that was abolished by a republic of responsible citizens. That sort of responsibilty that doesn't exist anywhere else in the world. & has apperantley left the american citizen these days. In the name of all those who have & are still suffering from slavery, I proclaim a special place in hell for baiters & aggitators. Slavery and hatred have no color, creed, or religion. They are an affliction upon us all. & will truly never be abolished as long as we argue amongst ourselves, while the leaders & perps of these crimes operate seemlessly throughout society & history.

Sent from my ADR910L using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

Posted

Honestly I think slavery is overblown. The people who end up slaves should serve their masters with as much sincerity as they would serve God. If you don't show them full respect, you're shaming God, honestly. Especially if your owner is a Christian, because then you're helping out a believer.

If a slave refuses to obey, they should be beaten. Unless they didn't know they were disobeying, then they should only be beaten a little.

Posted

Irish settlers became slaves to the u.s. civil war. Where's the outrage for them? Or how about all of the slaves shanghaied from the orient? They never get a thread. But we sure use them railroads, don't we? When's the threads for all of the injustices against the jewish slaves in egypt coming? The pyramids are very admirable, but I guess not thosse who really built them? Never seen a thread about sex slaves and the thriving industry enterprised by the saudis. Iliegal ims are captured & forced into slavery by the cartels everyday, but no outrage here. Let's definately not forget the chinese slaves who kill themselves daily to escape the bondage forced onto them by major corps & emperial rule. Then there's africa who still sell slaves today. I guess we'll care about them a few hundred years now, huh? What great crusaders you guys are? All of the injustices deemed upon ALL of our bretheren throughout history and currently in the world, yet you beat 100 yr old horse that was abolished by a republic of responsible citizens. That sort of responsibilty that doesn't exist anywhere else in the world. & has apperantley left the american citizen these days. In the name of all those who have & are still suffering from slavery, I proclaim a special place in hell for baiters & aggitators. Slavery and hatred have no color, creed, or religion. They are an affliction upon us all. & will truly never be abolished as long as we argue amongst ourselves, while the leaders & perps of these crimes operate seemlessly throughout society & history.

Sent from my ADR910L using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

This is the most laughable point of view. Righteous Indignation. It is somehow an insult to the nation to speak of its sordid past. Never mind the fact that for another 100 plus years after the abolishing of slavery there existed an era of almost as severe death and horror for the black population. After that, there was a concentrated effort to minimize, separate, diminish, and discourage the black population targeted primarily in the south. FOLLOWING THAT, there existed an era of police brutality, targeted incarceration, focused drug trafficking and media exploitation. We are still waiting for this era to end. Gonna be hard though because while many scholars agree that it exists, it is still inconvenient to speak of and ALWAYS brings out conversations like this.

You know why there is no thread for those other atrocities? Because you haven't started one yet. I am neither Chinese, Jewish, a sex slave, African nor Irish. I would never presume to speak for them or to rate the significance of their struggle. It doesn't diminish the struggle of my ancestors nor the fight for rights my grandparents had, nor the abuse my parents suffered or the names, fights I went through. Why would talking about it hurt them.

If my history bothers you, then fug you, leave. This thread wasn't meant for you any way. What a self righteous load of BS that blatant racists, pseudo-racists, and all around dilweeds, seem to think that it is the black mans fault he is targeted because hey, he just won't go away. I mean I dragged you in to this forum, right? That one picture was more than worthy of bringing down all the fire and brimstone of that often ensues. Like the picture said, get over it, right?

How can a wound be healed if the people that are hurting ar the ones that are cast aside. No I was never a slave. But my ancestors were. I will not let anyone cast them aside nor will I rest until they are seen for the heroes they were and are given there place in history as the truest and greatest Americans, not an inconvenient truth to be forgotten by those that benefitted the most from their struggle. Think about last sentence for a moment.

Nor will I allow the nation to get away with the abuse of their descendants or allow them to escape the debt owed its citizens.

As I said before this is not baiting anybody. It is meant for those that still feel the sting and still find worth in our ancestors. Nobody went to anybody's inbox and invited them in here to insult others.

1 person likes this

Posted

This is the most laughable point of view. Righteous Indignation. It is somehow an insult to the nation to speak of its sordid past. Never mind the fact that for another 100 plus years after the abolishing of slavery there existed an era of almost as severe death and horror for the black population. After that, there was a concentrated effort to minimize, separate, diminish, and discourage the black population targeted primarily in the south. FOLLOWING THAT, there existed an era of police brutality, targeted incarceration, focused drug trafficking and media exploitation. We are still waiting for this era to end. Gonna be hard though because while many scholars agree that it exists, it is still inconvenient to speak of and ALWAYS brings out conversations like this.

You know why there is no thread for those other atrocities? Because you haven't started one yet. I am neither Chinese, Jewish, a sex slave, African nor Irish. I would never presume to speak for them or to rate the significance of their struggle. It doesn't diminish the struggle of my ancestors nor the fight for rights my grandparents had, nor the abuse my parents suffered or the names, fights I went through. Why would talking about it hurt them.

If my history bothers you, then fug you, leave. This thread wasn't meant for you any way. What a self righteous load of BS that blatant racists, pseudo-racists, and all around dilweeds, seem to think that it is the black mans fault he is targeted because hey, he just won't go away. I mean I dragged you in to this forum, right? That one picture was more than worthy of bringing down all the fire and brimstone of that often ensues. Like the picture said, get over it, right?

How can a wound be healed if the people that are hurting ar the ones that are cast aside. No I was never a slave. But my ancestors were. I will not let anyone cast them aside nor will I rest until they are seen for the heroes they were and are given there place in history as the truest and greatest Americans, not an inconvenient truth to be forgotten by those that benefitted the most from their struggle. Think about last sentence for a moment.

Nor will I allow the nation to get away with the abuse of their descendants or allow them to escape the debt owed its citizens.

As I said before this is not baiting anybody. It is meant for those that still feel the sting and still find worth in our ancestors. Nobody went to anybody's inbox and invited them in here to insult others.

you must not understand what I'm saying. I don't care what color, creed or religion is. and neither do hatred, & slavery. with all the injustices throughout mankinds term 1 thing is constant. corrupted leaders and scribes. the people have always been victims of this. and still are. just look at the world & you will see that the sort of tyranny the american slaves(not just african) endured is not race based. so why are we? why take the fight to evryday people who never really had a say? in what century will we become aware that we are all humans & none of us deserve this sort of treachery from our leaders and figureheads? at what point do stop assisting in our own demise? cause as long as wenre fighting over what color we are, we all lose. but I understand that what happened then was wrong. & I agree that our ancestors had many issues. but I don't understand how any of this helps anyone today? all it seems to do is divide us & make us care less for our fellow man.
1 person likes this

Posted

you must not understand what I'm saying. I don't care what color, creed or religion is. and neither do hatred, & slavery. with all the injustices throughout mankinds term 1 thing is constant. corrupted leaders and scribes. the people have always been victims of this. and still are. just look at the world & you will see that the sort of tyranny the american slaves(not just african) endured is not race based. so why are we? why take the fight to evryday people who never really had a say? in what century will we become aware that we are all humans & none of us deserve this sort of treachery from our leaders and figureheads? at what point do stop assisting in our own demise? cause as long as wenre fighting over what color we are, we all lose. but I understand that what happened then was wrong. & I agree that our ancestors had many issues. but I don't understand how any of this helps anyone today? all it seems to do is divide us & make us care less for our fellow man.

But that is MY point. I didn't start ANY fight. I didn't insult anyone. I didn't call anyone any names. I posted a picture. One that I consider artistic and profound in its simplicity of message. But somehow, THAT is an insult to others. Why?

Posted

But that is MY point. I didn't start ANY fight. I didn't insult anyone. I didn't call anyone any names. I posted a picture. One that I consider artistic and profound in its simplicity of message. But somehow, THAT is an insult to others. Why?

i don't veiw it as an insult. maybe counter productive given its intention for use. its what follows. & not just from the african americans. clearly most people here posting are frustrated with the racism. which is good. thats productive. we all have that in common. some people see what they wanna see. and thats sad. I see successful black people everywhere i go. i see white heroine addicts in garner. i see illegal ims at work everyday. & i see their kids getting on the school buses. the oppression is not what it once was. its not like any of us are perfect but we are all in it together. i have slaveblood in my family tree so i have to have compassion with the struggle. which is not a problem. the problem is that we have been left to fight a struggle none of us should believe in. I blame the leadership in our communities for not expressing this consent. but you being open about your beleifs is real & necessary. but what good is it if we do not discuss its meaning honestly? cause fortunately, in the end we are all in this together. and thats the understanding I would like to see these conversations turn towards. not bans cause frustration & ire got the best of us. @ least I hope thses guys don't mean some of the rhetoric they post in angst?
1 person likes this

Posted

Honestly I think slavery is overblown. The people who end up slaves should serve their masters with as much sincerity as they would serve God. If you don't show them full respect, you're shaming God, honestly. Especially if your owner is a Christian, because then you're helping out a believer.

If a slave refuses to obey, they should be beaten. Unless they didn't know they were disobeying, then they should only be beaten a little.

There was a time when this would have been good for 3 pages in the Tinderbox.