48 replies to this topic

#46 carpantherfan84

carpantherfan84

Abductive Reasoner

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,681 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 05:29 PM

you must not understand what I'm saying. I don't care what color, creed or religion is. and neither do hatred, & slavery. with all the injustices throughout mankinds term 1 thing is constant. corrupted leaders and scribes. the people have always been victims of this. and still are. just look at the world & you will see that the sort of tyranny the american slaves(not just african) endured is not race based. so why are we? why take the fight to evryday people who never really had a say? in what century will we become aware that we are all humans & none of us deserve this sort of treachery from our leaders and figureheads? at what point do stop assisting in our own demise? cause as long as wenre fighting over what color we are, we all lose. but I understand that what happened then was wrong. & I agree that our ancestors had many issues. but I don't understand how any of this helps anyone today? all it seems to do is divide us & make us care less for our fellow man.

But that is MY point. I didn't start ANY fight. I didn't insult anyone. I didn't call anyone any names. I posted a picture. One that I consider artistic and profound in its simplicity of message. But somehow, THAT is an insult to others. Why?

#47 Harris Aballah

Harris Aballah

Fayette-Villian

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,497 posts
  • Locationnorth carolina

Posted 02 September 2013 - 06:26 PM

But that is MY point. I didn't start ANY fight. I didn't insult anyone. I didn't call anyone any names. I posted a picture. One that I consider artistic and profound in its simplicity of message. But somehow, THAT is an insult to others. Why?

i don't veiw it as an insult. maybe counter productive given its intention for use. its what follows. & not just from the african americans. clearly most people here posting are frustrated with the racism. which is good. thats productive. we all have that in common. some people see what they wanna see. and thats sad. I see successful black people everywhere i go. i see white heroine addicts in garner. i see illegal ims at work everyday. & i see their kids getting on the school buses. the oppression is not what it once was. its not like any of us are perfect but we are all in it together. i have slaveblood in my family tree so i have to have compassion with the struggle. which is not a problem. the problem is that we have been left to fight a struggle none of us should believe in. I blame the leadership in our communities for not expressing this consent. but you being open about your beleifs is real & necessary. but what good is it if we do not discuss its meaning honestly? cause fortunately, in the end we are all in this together. and thats the understanding I would like to see these conversations turn towards. not bans cause frustration & ire got the best of us. @ least I hope thses guys don't mean some of the rhetoric they post in angst?

#48 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,454 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 01:57 PM

Honestly I think slavery is overblown. The people who end up slaves should serve their masters with as much sincerity as they would serve God. If you don't show them full respect, you're shaming God, honestly. Especially if your owner is a Christian, because then you're helping out a believer.

If a slave refuses to obey, they should be beaten. Unless they didn't know they were disobeying, then they should only be beaten a little.

There was a time when this would have been good for 3 pages in the Tinderbox.

#49 mav1234

mav1234

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,481 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 11:39 AM

There was a time when this would have been good for 3 pages in the Tinderbox.

well it's just hard to argue with your sound logic.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.