Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Charlotte v. Campbell Game Thread

46 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

beatin up on scrubs..WIN

Posted · Report post

So a first year program should go out and sign the toughest opponents possible their first year? Getting your face kicked in every game sure sounds like a great way to build a program!

Charlotte should hire Dingo as the AD, I think he's onto something.

Posted · Report post

whatever works....people around Charlotte finally wearing UNCC gear around town..never thought I'd see the day..there's a first for everything.

Posted · Report post

whatever works....people around Charlotte finally wearing UNCC gear around town..never thought I'd see the day..there's a first for everything.

I've noticed a huge increase too.

We also killed it in the TV ratings again this week:

1235064_10151819961823844_990889290_n.jp

Last week we had a 2.9, compared to State's .7 during the same time slot. This week we scored a 2.1 compared to UNC's .5 during the same time slot.

There is still the novelty factor, but even I didn't realize how many people in the area wanted to like Charlotte, they just needed a reason. 60,000 alums in the metro area that have been thirsting for a reason to get behind the school after graduation.

Posted · Report post

There is still the novelty factor, but even I didn't realize how many people in the area wanted to like Charlotte, they just needed a reason. 60,000 alums in the metro area that have been thirsting for a reason to get behind the school after graduation.

Yeah, there's alot of closet fans in the area.  Been going to some bars and noticing groups of people in niner gear during gameday.  As if theres finally something to cheer and be proud about. Its almost weird to see, but good for the city. 

Posted · Report post

Shout out to Central!

Posted · Report post

well, the weather was nice at the game today.

Posted · Report post

Welcome to scholarship football.

Posted · Report post

I thought we could give Charlotte some problems but I was nicely surprised by the beat down. #4 Towson now comes to Durham. 

Posted · Report post

Welcome to scholarship football.

Technically not true. DII team have 36 scholarships.

Charlotte only has 50 compared to NCCU's 63.

I thought Charlotte had a good chance to win after NCCU struggled with a DII the week before, but I also wasn't shocked at the loss. I didn't expect to lose by the margin we did though.

I'm not sure I've ever seen stats like I saw yesterday for a team that lost. We had over 500 yards of offense I believe. 7 turnovers are killer. Alabama would have lost to NCCU with 7 turnovers.

Congrats to NCCU. I was really impressed with their QB and #21. The QB isn't the best passer in the world, but he extended several plays by making guys miss and picking up critical third downs. #21 was easily the quickest guy on the field.