Posted 07 September 2013 - 03:19 PM

Yeah, CLT has a good team.

#32 Niner National

Niner National

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,488 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 05:41 PM

The students need to stop rushing the field... I mean seriously... It was Chowan.

It was just about 2 dozen jackasses this week. Drunk frat assholes. The school won't tolerate it again next week.

Last week they said nothing about it, but this week there was immediately an announcement in the stadium telling them to get off the field.

Was nice to have a packed house again. I do hate that they allow people to stand on the concourse though. Thousands of people are watching from around the concourse because you get a great view and there is plenty of standing room. People are doing this instead of sitting in the seats in the endzone, so the stadium looks kind of empty on tv despite being over "official" capacity.

In the basketball arena they do not allow you to stand on the concourse to watch the game even though there is more than enough room just like in the football stadium.

#33 Niner National

Niner National

• HUDDLER
  • 3,488 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 05:43 PM

Now on to comments for the game:

Chowan is DII, but they are a decent DII squad and definitely more talented than a non-scholarship DI program.

They have several all conference players and even some all-D2 players. It is a game you expect to win, but just like last week, I did not expect the margin of victory. I thought Chowan would be much tougher than Campbell, but they didn't really give us any more of a test.

NCCU isn't looking so hot this year, so 3-0 is looking like a real possibility.

The hardest test we face all season might come the following week at James Madison though.

#34 The_Cannon

The_Cannon

Tickle Me & Rub My Belly!

• HUDDLER
  • 3,308 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 08:58 PM

Yea I was following the Central game on gamecast to see what they were looking like. Scoreless in the first half and then a 3 point overtime win. They're better than Chowan and Campbell so it'll be a good test. I actually hope we get knocked around some (and still win) so that when we roll into JMU we're not too cocky. 

#35 Niner National

Niner National

• HUDDLER
  • 3,488 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 10:28 AM

Yea I was following the Central game on gamecast to see what they were looking like. Scoreless in the first half and then a 3 point overtime win. They're better than Chowan and Campbell so it'll be a good test. I actually hope we get knocked around some (and still win) so that when we roll into JMU we're not too cocky. 

At this point I expect to beat NCCU. I won't be shocked if we lose since they're fielding a team with more scholarship players than us, but I expect to win.

JMU the next weekend will be really tough.

#36 The_Cannon

The_Cannon

Tickle Me & Rub My Belly!

• HUDDLER
  • 3,308 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 11:18 AM

At this point I expect to beat NCCU. I won't be shocked if we lose since they're fielding a team with more scholarship players than us, but I expect to win.

JMU the next weekend will be really tough.

I agree I think we're going to beat Central but I hope its close. I was at the first game and caught highlights of the second and its just been a little too easy. I want our guys to get knocked around and have to fight for a W so when you get to JMU they're ready for the challenge cause thats going to be one of two biggest challenges this season 

#37 Dingo_ate_Babies

Dingo_ate_Babies

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 567 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 12:35 PM

beatin up on scrubs..WIN

#38 Niner National

Niner National

• HUDDLER
  • 3,488 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 12:58 PM

So a first year program should go out and sign the toughest opponents possible their first year? Getting your face kicked in every game sure sounds like a great way to build a program!

Charlotte should hire Dingo as the AD, I think he's onto something.

#39 Dingo_ate_Babies

Dingo_ate_Babies

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 567 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 01:10 PM

whatever works....people around Charlotte finally wearing UNCC gear around town..never thought I'd see the day..there's a first for everything.

#40 Niner National

Niner National

• HUDDLER
  • 3,488 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 02:57 PM

whatever works....people around Charlotte finally wearing UNCC gear around town..never thought I'd see the day..there's a first for everything.

I've noticed a huge increase too.

We also killed it in the TV ratings again this week:

1235064_10151819961823844_990889290_n.jp

Last week we had a 2.9, compared to State's .7 during the same time slot. This week we scored a 2.1 compared to UNC's .5 during the same time slot.

There is still the novelty factor, but even I didn't realize how many people in the area wanted to like Charlotte, they just needed a reason. 60,000 alums in the metro area that have been thirsting for a reason to get behind the school after graduation.

#41 Dingo_ate_Babies

Dingo_ate_Babies

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 567 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 03:20 PM

There is still the novelty factor, but even I didn't realize how many people in the area wanted to like Charlotte, they just needed a reason. 60,000 alums in the metro area that have been thirsting for a reason to get behind the school after graduation.

Yeah, there's alot of closet fans in the area.  Been going to some bars and noticing groups of people in niner gear during gameday.  As if theres finally something to cheer and be proud about. Its almost weird to see, but good for the city. 

#42 AggieLean.

AggieLean.

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,481 posts
  • LocationChattanooga, TN via Winston-Salem, NC

Posted 14 September 2013 - 07:58 PM

Shout out to Central!

#43 Jase

Jase

Kuechold Fantasies

• Administrators
  • 17,112 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 14 September 2013 - 10:44 PM

well, the weather was nice at the game today.

#44 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 23,957 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina/Virginia

Posted 14 September 2013 - 11:13 PM

Welcome to scholarship football.

#45 NCCU_Panthers

NCCU_Panthers

NEWB

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 09:44 AM

I thought we could give Charlotte some problems but I was nicely surprised by the beat down. #4 Towson now comes to Durham. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com