Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Goodbye David Gettis

801 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

jgbiZuX.png

Do you see this? The play has been called in the huddle, everyone else is ready for the snap, and LaFell is having to line Gettis up. Cam is literally standing there waiting for his receivers to get to their proper positions. This is why Gettis lived in Rivera's doghouse, and this is why he may not make it back onto the roster. This is inexcusable for a player that has had the playbook for two years. This is why LaFell and Armanti and Hixon and so on all got looks well ahead of Gettis. it's not a question of talent, it's a question of why he's not doing the very basics with literally nothing else to spend his time doing.

I really don't see how anyone can argue with this. I wanted Gettis to make the team... BUT this is pretty much why he got cut.

This post should be given the "Best Answer" award for this thread!

God job FP
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Don't be intentionally obtuse. If Gettis was someone with great potential, Gettleman would tell Rivera to sack up and make use of him. This is a man who was groomed for over two fuging decades as a professional and collegiate scout, and worked as a professional player personnel director for 6 superbowl teams. If Gettleman was ok with releasing him versus keeping him over our other receivers then I'm a-o-fuging-k with it.

While there is truth to what you are saying, it's not that simple. I'm also going off of the history Rivera had with Gettis prior to Gettleman coming on. It's my opinion, that Gettis didn't get a fair chance under Rivera. To continue to pedal other guys in front of us who have done less and convince us they're more because he says so is the issue. The same thing has happened with other players (Fua and Nakamura come to mind).

But, it's over and done with. There's no point in arguing it. We have what we have on our roster, I just don't agree at all with this move and I'm not asking for anyone to agree with me or approve of it.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Lmao, top dawg is seriously cracking me up here.

You should edit your signature. Pilares didn't make the squad

Posted · Report post

john-goodman-table-flip-o.gif

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

While there is truth to what you are saying, it's not that simple. I'm also going off of the history Rivera had with Gettis prior to Gettleman coming on. It's my opinion, that Gettis didn't get a fair chance under Rivera. To continue to pedal other guys in front of us who have done less and convince us they're more because he says so is the issue. The same thing has happened with other players (Fua and Nakamura come to mind).

But, it's over and done with. There's no point in arguing it. We have what we have on our roster, I just don't agree at all with this move and I'm not asking for anyone to agree with me or approve of it.

Take a look at the pic I just posted in this thread. There's your answer.

Posted · Report post

It's a conspiracy!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted · Report post

Oline

Oc

And lack of someone to bail Cam out. We shouldn't be sitting here talking about our number 1 receiver will be playing in the slot. Roddy and Jones makes Ryan look wayyy better

I agree about White/Jones making Ryan look better but what did ATL have to sacrifice to get that duo? I for one am not willing to jeopardize the future of the franchise for a luxury like a dominant #2 receiver. We have serviceable guys for the moment. Gettis was not, is not serviceable being injured. This was not a tough call to make.

Posted · Report post

You should edit your signature. Pilares didn't make the squad

He was waived/injured and reverted back to IR after going unclaimed through waivers.

Posted · Report post

Anybody thinking Armanti is a better 4 or 5th receiver for us than Gettis lying their asses off

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

This sounds more a like "nooooo, not facts! ARGH!!!!" than a legitimate retort.

It's one play, dude. Get real. Are you trying to suggest to me that THE Armanti Edwards, LaFell, Smitty, or any of them never made a mistake?  For all intents and purposes, Gettis is still pretty raw. I've already thrown some "facts" out also that you have not really addressed, the main one being that our receiving corps is less talented without David Gettis. Period!

Posted · Report post

Anybody thinking Armanti is a better 4 or 5th receiver for us than Gettis lying their asses off

Not when Gettis is healthy. IE.... 5% of the time.

2 people like this

Posted · Report post

I agree about White/Jones making Ryan look better but what did ATL have to sacrifice to get that duo? I for one am not willing to jeopardize the future of the franchise for a luxury like a dominant #2 receiver. We have serviceable guys for the moment. Gettis was not, is not serviceable being injured. This was not a tough call to make.

I learned from the Ravens, as long as you're close to getting to the SB year after year... luck may eventually roll in at some point

B/C of that deal, Falcons are close to getting there... extremely close. I rather be that close

• Latest Articles

• Recent Comments