Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Goodbye David Gettis

801 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

I also agree with Rum on only having 5 WR. Special with the question Marks in the group from #3 to #5. I hope they can pick up a 6th Wr this week.

Posted · Report post

Such a weird system, I don't really get the point. Basically "He's injured, but you can have him if you want. Or we could keep him. Honestly don't really care."

It's against the rules the just outright release someone with an injury.

Posted · Report post

I think he's gone for the same reason Adams is. We signed someone who does their exact job way better.

I don't think there was ever a Gettis vs. Edwards question, they fill totally different roles. I think Edwards will be a non-factor and should be cut, but I think that's irrelevant to Gettis.

I don't really disagree with any of that

Posted · Report post

Same problem here... Somebody here must know

@jjones9: The four waived/injured players were injured Thursday. Can't outright cut guy who's injured. If they aren't claimed in a day they go to IR

So I believe it's 24 hours
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Until someone can give me a satisfactory answer on why LaFell had to line Gettis up in a playbook he's had for two years I'm going to assume there is a lot of bias at work defending him.

I haven't read anywhere but from you that Gettis has had a hard time learning the playbook. Do you have any other source other than a screenshot that this is true? That pic could have been Gettis lining up LaFell correctly, we do have a new OC. This is a serious question by the way, not trying to be obtuse.

Posted · Report post

Yeah what does Gettleman know, he's only got nearly 30 years in the business. What an amateur.

He should listen to the huddle, they definitely know better.

Another great point by Red.

"Gettlemen has been doing this for 30 years so you should never question his decisions" 

Seifert has  4-5 superbowl rings as a AC and HC who here didn't question the cutting of Steve B so Jeff Lewis could start?

Posted · Report post

Is this thread and topic real? I'm sad now.

Posted · Report post

Yeah what does Gettleman know, he's only got nearly 30 years in the business. What an amateur.

He should listen to the huddle, they definitely know better.

'bout time you figured that out.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Another great point by Red.

"Gettlemen has been doing this for 30 years so you should never question his decisions"

Seifert has 4-5 superbowl rings as a AC and HC who here didn't question the cutting of Steve B so Jeff Lewis could start?

I'd still take Seifert's opinion over a guy like you who can't respond to a post without pissing himself in anger.

Posted · Report post

I haven't read anywhere but from you that Gettis has had a hard time learning the playbook. Do you have any other source other than a screenshot that this is true? That pic could have been Gettis lining up LaFell correctly, we do have a new OC. This is a serious question by the way, not trying to be obtuse.

Not trying to be a d!ck but it was pretty clear LaFell had to tell Gettis where to go. At that moment I thought maybe that's why Gettis wasn't getting any PT last season when he was activated for a couple of games. I was rooting for Gettis as well if it makes any difference.

Posted · Report post

I'd still take Seifert's opinion over a guy like you who can't respond to a post without pissing himself in anger.

And I pay my money to support this team  so I can disagree and voice my opinion no matter what my football knowledge is.

Posted · Report post

Not trying to be a d!ck but it was pretty clear LaFell had to tell Gettis where to go. At that moment I thought maybe that's why Gettis wasn't getting any PT last season when he was activated for a couple of games. I was rooting for Gettis as well if it makes any difference.

Maybe he just couldn't hear the playcall, unless there is something else besides a screenshot it is really just conjecture that he didn't know the playbook