john-goodman-table-flip-o.gif

#197 fieryprophet

fieryprophet

WARNING: Do not annoy!

• ALL-PRO
  • 5,216 posts
  • LocationLa Grange, NC

Posted 31 August 2013 - 07:14 PM

While there is truth to what you are saying, it's not that simple. I'm also going off of the history Rivera had with Gettis prior to Gettleman coming on. It's my opinion, that Gettis didn't get a fair chance under Rivera. To continue to pedal other guys in front of us who have done less and convince us they're more because he says so is the issue. The same thing has happened with other players (Fua and Nakamura come to mind).

But, it's over and done with. There's no point in arguing it. We have what we have on our roster, I just don't agree at all with this move and I'm not asking for anyone to agree with me or approve of it.

Take a look at the pic I just posted in this thread. There's your answer.

#198 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,541 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 31 August 2013 - 07:14 PM

It's a conspiracy!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#199 L-TownCat

L-TownCat

Baptized In The Blood Of Saints

• ALL-PRO
  • 4,993 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 07:15 PM

Oline

Oc

And lack of someone to bail Cam out. We shouldn't be sitting here talking about our number 1 receiver will be playing in the slot. Roddy and Jones makes Ryan look wayyy better

I agree about White/Jones making Ryan look better but what did ATL have to sacrifice to get that duo? I for one am not willing to jeopardize the future of the franchise for a luxury like a dominant #2 receiver. We have serviceable guys for the moment. Gettis was not, is not serviceable being injured. This was not a tough call to make.

#200 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 13,541 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 31 August 2013 - 07:16 PM

You should edit your signature. Pilares didn't make the squad

He was waived/injured and reverted back to IR after going unclaimed through waivers.

#201 beastson

beastson

Big Money

• HUDDLER
  • 9,365 posts

Anybody thinking Armanti is a better 4 or 5th receiver for us than Gettis lying their asses off

#202 top dawg

top dawg

The Creative Cat

• HUDDLER
  • 7,173 posts
  • LocationWITHIN MY MIND'S EYE

This sounds more a like "nooooo, not facts! ARGH!!!!" than a legitimate retort.

It's one play, dude. Get real. Are you trying to suggest to me that THE Armanti Edwards, LaFell, Smitty, or any of them never made a mistake?  For all intents and purposes, Gettis is still pretty raw. I've already thrown some "facts" out also that you have not really addressed, the main one being that our receiving corps is less talented without David Gettis. Period!

#203 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,086 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 07:18 PM

Anybody thinking Armanti is a better 4 or 5th receiver for us than Gettis lying their asses off

Not when Gettis is healthy. IE.... 5% of the time.

#204 beastson

beastson

Big Money

• HUDDLER
  • 9,365 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 07:18 PM

I agree about White/Jones making Ryan look better but what did ATL have to sacrifice to get that duo? I for one am not willing to jeopardize the future of the franchise for a luxury like a dominant #2 receiver. We have serviceable guys for the moment. Gettis was not, is not serviceable being injured. This was not a tough call to make.

I learned from the Ravens, as long as you're close to getting to the SB year after year... luck may eventually roll in at some point

B/C of that deal, Falcons are close to getting there... extremely close. I rather be that close

#205 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 15,790 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 07:19 PM

I'm not upset because Ginn makes Gettis obsolete. They serve the exact same role in the offense, track star speed to stretch the defense, but Ginn does it better and also is a superstar return man.

I do think it's silly that Edwards contributes literally nothing to the Panthers but will cling on for years to come on potential alone.

#206 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 13,541 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 31 August 2013 - 07:19 PM

Not when Gettis is healthy. IE.... 5% of the time.

Excuse me. What about the time he was healthy in 2010?

#207 top dawg

top dawg

The Creative Cat

• HUDDLER
  • 7,173 posts
  • LocationWITHIN MY MIND'S EYE

Posted 31 August 2013 - 07:20 PM

Love you guys, but I got to go watch Georgia beat Clemson.

#208 L-TownCat

L-TownCat

Baptized In The Blood Of Saints

• ALL-PRO
  • 4,993 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 07:24 PM

I learned from the Ravens, as long as you're close to getting to the SB year after year... luck may eventually roll in at some point
B/C of that deal, Falcons are close to getting there... extremely close. I rather be that close

They are not that close. Bad D line, bad secondary, atrocious O line, old at several positions. I like our roster to theirs any day.

#209 fieryprophet

fieryprophet

WARNING: Do not annoy!

• ALL-PRO
  • 5,216 posts
  • LocationLa Grange, NC

Posted 31 August 2013 - 07:24 PM

It's one play, dude. Get real. Are you trying to suggest to me that THE Armanti Edwards, LaFell, Smitty, or any of them never made a mistake?  For all intents and purposes, Gettis is still pretty raw. I've already thrown some "facts" out also that you have not really addressed, the main one being that our receiving corps is less talented without David Gettis. Period!

How raw can one be after three years in the league? And talent doesn't mean jackshit if you don't put yourself in the best possible position to utilize it. The NFL is very simple in the way it works: if you want to see the field, play your ass off until the coaches have no choice but to put you out there. That's how Smitty shook off the "kick returner" label and became the force of nature he is now. That's why no one even thought of giving Beason his old job back once Kuechly took a hold of it. Gettis didn't fight for his job, so he lost it.

#210 TCF2

TCF2

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 268 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 07:25 PM

He was waived/injured and reverted back to IR after going unclaimed through waivers.

Did he make the final 53? Oh, yeah IR... Meaning not really on the squad, and won't contribute at all. Keep the sig, I really don't even care.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com