Honestly you have changed your argument and you have contradicted yourself so much I don't even know what your point is anymore.
You say you think that the Panthers should have moved on from Jake despite his past successes, but that Gettis' limited success (truly just one game) three years ago is proof he should have been kept around.
You say Jake's preseason game didn't mean anything because it was against third stringers and camp bodies, yet Gettis' success against third stringers and camp fodder this preseason is meaningful.
You say that Armanti playing well in shorts doesn't mean he is playing better, but the fact that Gettis looked like poo even in shorts shouldn't be a concern.
You think that a guy who has issues with drops, lining up properly, and being injured is a guy that has value to our team that we should be upset that he was cut. Even as all those issues did carry over to the preseason games.
All I have gotten from this thread is that you guys aren't mad that Gettis got cut. It is that he got cut and Armanti didn't even though every person who observed practice said it was clear that Armanti was outperforming him.
the only argument I have heard is "practice doesn't matter"
1. Main point to you was every great player doesn't have to be a great practice player and Visa Versa.
2. Where did I compare Jake to Gettis. And the only reason Gettis past success is brought up. Is because there are players who made the team and don't have any.
3. The Panthers should have moved on for Jake in 2009-2010 season when they still had a chance at the playoffs. They put Matt Moore in and finished % points and tie breakers out of the playoffs. If they would have made the move earlier. We would have made the Playoffs.
4. I said Jake didn't practice well in 2003-2004 in TC and didn't earn the starting job. Which he didn't because Wenkie had better numbers in the preseason and Peete started the 1st game. If he had blown people out in TC Peete wouldn't have been the starter the 1st game. I also said jake was a way better Game time player then practice player.
5. I said I don't care what Armanti or Gettis looked like in shorts. Armanti has looked good in shorts before. I want to see it when it's game time. Something we've haven't seen in 3 years.
6. When compared to player who has 5 catches in 3 years (Armanti) a player who also has injury problems (Hixon) and a Player with drop problem and running the wrong route as well (Ginn). Yes I think Gettis has value on this roster. Plus AE nor Hixon have proven their issues have change yet either.
7. No the argument is that every WR not name Smitty, Lafell, and maybe even Ginn Showed that any of their issues are fixed.
Hixon was injured all TC and played in 1 preseason.
AE look good in TC (which he has before) but couldn't show anything but 2 catches in 1 preseason game. So still a big ? mark if he can FINALLY be a WR in real Games.
Gettis made all the TC practices and Flashed during 3 Preseason games even thoe being stuck at the bottom or middle of the rotation.
And Gettis gets cut.
So whats the reasoning for this??
It can't be TC performance because Hixon never practice in TC.
It can't be Preseason performance because Gettis played in more games the Hixon and AE combined.
It can't be past performance because AE doesn't have any.
So what method did they use to make this move??