800 replies to this topic

#736 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,885 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 09:41 PM

No what we were talking about is Jake being a bad practice player but a better Game time player. And By your link Jake did nothing until the last preseason game.

Stop making Peete a part of this and you still haven't linked stories of Jake at TC to say he was a great practice player.

"Did nothing until..." >>>>> did nothing at all.

By the way, that one game he was 11/11 with 2TDs.

Peete led us to zero touchdowns that preseason (I think) He had no TD passes that preseason.

I don't need links, I was a fan

That "only game he played well" totally eclipsed everyone else and was the reason Peete was replaced so quickly.

#737 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• HUDDLER
  • 7,847 posts
  • LocationNonya

Posted 01 September 2013 - 10:35 PM

"Did nothing until..." >>>>> did nothing at all.

By the way, that one game he was 11/11 with 2TDs.

Peete led us to zero touchdowns that preseason (I think) He had no TD passes that preseason.

I don't need links, I was a fan

That "only game he played well" totally eclipsed everyone else and was the reason Peete was replaced so quickly.

Yes he looked great in the last preseason game. Which most people who know Football means nothing!!!!

He Played against no starters in the final game against players on the bubble and Camp bodies.

Again I'm waiting on articles from TC that year.

#738 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• HUDDLER
  • 7,847 posts
  • LocationNonya

Posted 01 September 2013 - 10:40 PM

Finding story's from 10 years ago will be next to impossible for training camps, I can give you more recent ones where Jake looked amazing in practice and camp. Right before his elbow gave out to be exact.... 

You made Peete a part of this by saying Jake Was so horrible that he was given the starting job by default. When Peete had the job because he was a vet coming off a solid season and that meant more to John Fox then pretty much anything Delhomme could have done in camp and pre season. 

No Jake was so bad in TC and did nothing in game time until the last preseason game.

That he never won the Job from Peete who as already 1 of Fox's boys.

That what I was saying and agian show me proof Jake was a great practice player.

#739 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • 15,885 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 10:51 PM

No Jake was so bad in TC and did nothing in game time until the last preseason game.

That he never won the Job from Peete who as already 1 of Fox's boys.

That what I was saying and agian show me proof Jake was a great practice player.

Again did nothing until >>>>>> did nothing at all.

But if you need proof, you said yourself that Weinke outplayed him in preseason, so why do you think he still won the #2 QB spot? Because of practice.

Why do you think he was inserted so quickly into the Jaguars game? Because of practice.

#740 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • 15,885 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 11:01 PM

http://www.cleveland...eason_play.html

- The Browns have plenty of things to worry about before the season opener Sept. 12 in Tampa, but quarterback Jake Delhomme isn't one of them.

Delhomme, who's expected to sit out most of Thursday night's preseason finale against the Bears, has exceeded expectations this preseason. He's completing 79.2 percent of his passes, (38-of-48 for 345 yards), has thrown two touchdowns without an interception, has been sacked only once and has earned a quarterback rating of 110.5.

In Detroit, he put points on the board on three of his five possessions, counting the one-play drive on a lost fumble.

"He's been outstanding the whole preseason," said coach Eric Mangini. "He's pretty close to 80 percent completion, and the way that he runs the offense and gets us into a good play when we're not necessarily in the best situation, that's what I'm looking for out of our quarterback -- to be efficient and also be a really good decision-maker."

In one half of work in Detroit, Delhomme completed 20 of 25 attempts for 152 yards with one touchdown for a 105.3 rating. He spread the ball around out of the no-huddle offense to 10 receivers, hitting Mohammed Massaquoi with a seven-yard pass on a fourth and 2, Evan Moore with a 22-yarder, Brian Robiskie with a 23-yarder and Josh Cribbs with a impressive 30-yarder up the left sideline that led to a TD.

In Jake's preseason career he had 14 TDs and only 3 INTs in usually limited appearances being usually QB1.

Is that enough proof that he was a good practice player??

#741 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• HUDDLER
  • 7,847 posts
  • LocationNonya

Posted 01 September 2013 - 11:05 PM

In Jake's preseason career he had 14 TDs and only 3 INTs in usually limited appearances being usually QB1.

So he did well in Cleveland where he ended up the back-up.

#742 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• HUDDLER
  • 7,847 posts
  • LocationNonya

Posted 01 September 2013 - 11:09 PM

Also those numbers are better then Cam's preseason numbers.

But who is the better QB??

Teeray for the last fuging time not every great player is a great practice player ask this guy

#743 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • 15,885 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 11:39 PM

So he did well in Cleveland where he ended up the back-up.

Honestly you have changed your argument and you have contradicted yourself so much I don't even know what your point is anymore.

You say you think that the Panthers should have moved on from Jake despite his past successes, but that Gettis' limited success (truly just one game) three years ago is proof he should have been kept around.

You say Jake's preseason game didn't mean anything because it was against third stringers and camp bodies, yet Gettis' success against third stringers and camp fodder this preseason is meaningful.

You say that Armanti playing well in shorts doesn't mean he is playing better, but the fact that Gettis looked like poo even in shorts shouldn't be a concern.

You think that a guy who has issues with drops, lining up properly, and being injured is a guy that has value to our team that we should be upset that he was cut. Even as all those issues did carry over to the preseason games.

All I have gotten from this thread is that you guys aren't mad that Gettis got cut. It is that he got cut and Armanti didn't even though every person who observed practice said it was clear that Armanti was outperforming him.

the only argument I have heard is "practice doesn't matter"

#744 pantherclaw

pantherclaw

Wise Ass

• HUDDLER
  • 6,810 posts
  • LocationGalveston

Posted 01 September 2013 - 11:53 PM

50 friggin' pages over a receiver that didn't make it as a Panther?

That has got to be a record.

#745 Chimera

Chimera

Membrane

• HUDDLER
  • 11,201 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 12:14 AM

its cool... there are approximately 33 pages worth of "this thread is teh longz" type posts

#746 pantherclaw

pantherclaw

Wise Ass

• HUDDLER
  • 6,810 posts
  • LocationGalveston

Posted 02 September 2013 - 12:37 AM

I had hopes for gettis, but when you're a panther fan from the beginning, ya just don't make it a big deal when another hopeful receiver doesn't make it.

#747 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 16,257 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 12:43 AM

I think if you take out the posts about how many pages it is, it's only 40 pages.

#748 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• HUDDLER
  • 7,847 posts
  • LocationNonya

Posted 02 September 2013 - 12:57 AM

Honestly you have changed your argument and you have contradicted yourself so much I don't even know what your point is anymore.

You say you think that the Panthers should have moved on from Jake despite his past successes, but that Gettis' limited success (truly just one game) three years ago is proof he should have been kept around.

You say Jake's preseason game didn't mean anything because it was against third stringers and camp bodies, yet Gettis' success against third stringers and camp fodder this preseason is meaningful.

You say that Armanti playing well in shorts doesn't mean he is playing better, but the fact that Gettis looked like poo even in shorts shouldn't be a concern.

You think that a guy who has issues with drops, lining up properly, and being injured is a guy that has value to our team that we should be upset that he was cut. Even as all those issues did carry over to the preseason games.

All I have gotten from this thread is that you guys aren't mad that Gettis got cut. It is that he got cut and Armanti didn't even though every person who observed practice said it was clear that Armanti was outperforming him.

1. Main point to you was every great player doesn't have to be a great practice player and Visa Versa.

2. Where did I compare Jake to Gettis. And the only reason Gettis past success is brought up. Is because there are players who made the team and don't have any.

3. The Panthers should have moved on for Jake in 2009-2010 season when they still had a chance at the playoffs. They put Matt Moore in and finished % points and tie breakers out of the playoffs. If they would have made the move earlier. We would have made the Playoffs.

4. I said Jake didn't practice well in 2003-2004 in TC and didn't earn the starting job. Which he didn't because Wenkie had better numbers in the preseason and Peete started the 1st game. If he had blown people out in TC Peete wouldn't have been the starter the 1st game. I also said jake was a way better Game time player then practice player.

5. I said I don't care what Armanti or Gettis looked like in shorts. Armanti has looked good in shorts before. I want to see it when it's game time. Something we've haven't seen in 3 years.

6. When compared to player who has 5 catches in 3 years (Armanti) a player who also has injury problems (Hixon) and a Player with drop problem and running the wrong route as well (Ginn). Yes I think Gettis has value on this roster. Plus AE nor Hixon have proven their issues have change yet either.

7. No the argument is that every WR not name Smitty, Lafell, and maybe even Ginn Showed that any of their issues are fixed.

AGAIN!!

Hixon was injured all TC and played in 1 preseason.

AE look good in TC (which he has before) but couldn't show anything but 2 catches in 1 preseason game. So still a big ? mark if he can FINALLY be a WR in real Games.

Gettis made all the TC practices and Flashed during 3 Preseason games even thoe being stuck at the bottom or middle of the rotation.

And Gettis gets cut.

So whats the reasoning for this??

It can't be TC performance because Hixon never practice in TC.

It can't be Preseason performance because Gettis played in more games the Hixon and AE combined.

It can't be past performance because AE doesn't have any.

So what method did they use to make this move??

#749 top dawg

top dawg

The Creative Cat

• HUDDLER
  • 7,732 posts
  • LocationWITHIN MY MIND'S EYE

Posted 02 September 2013 - 05:29 PM

Our receiving corps is better with Gettis in it, as was proven by preseason. That's rally the whole point. All the other stuff revolves around that central point.  To argue that our receiving corps is better without Gettis is disingenuous.  Now, all the Armanti and Hixon comparisons are the logical reaction to Gettis being cut, if you look at receivers with a seemingly like skill set who showed less during the preseseason, and one who has shown even less than Gettis when you look at their actual careers. Moreover, the other receiver has had a career full of seasons that are statistically in the ballpark of what Gettis did his rookie year (and virtually his only year), which would lead one to believe that Gettis hasn't even reached his ceiling. There's nothing mystical about it. Now, of course if it's really injury that made Gettis expendable, then it is what it is, but you still can't expect people not to be disappointed. Simple as that.

#750 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• ALL-PRO
  • 18,132 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 05:31 PM

So did Gettis end up not signed anywhere?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com