Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Upgrades....where, who, how?

47 posts in this topic

Posted

CB, DT, WR, S.

Oh yea, same needs from like a year ago.

Star, Dwan, Short and Cole...and you still see that as a 'need' position? :blink:

Not dead sold on all the others either, but DT is the most obvious.

2 people like this

Posted

Yeah I'd kind of like to know why Austin isn't even on the table if he's not.

The "reasons" would be nice to see rather than just the statement, I thought he'd be worth a look.

Posted

Star, Dwan, Short and Cole...and you still see that as a 'need' position? :blink:

Not dead sold on all the others either, but DT is the most obvious.

Chuck has got some of that drank in him.

1 person likes this

Posted

Yeah I'd kind of like to know why Austin isn't even on the table if he's not.

The "reasons" would be nice to see rather than just the statement, I thought he'd be worth a look.

Worth remembering that Gettleman's familiarity with him could be a reason why he wouldn't want him.

If his opinion of him in NY was bad, he might say "stay away from that one, he's not worth it".

1 person likes this

Posted

I think we are fine at WR, but should look at robert mechum....what happened to him, He once was on of brees favorite targets

Posted

Worth remembering that Gettleman's familiarity with him could be a reason why he wouldn't want him.

If his opinion of him in NY was bad, he might say "stay away from that one, he's not worth it".

That's certainly possible.  I just hate it when people (reporters especially) say things like "for a few reasons" but then the reasons don't follow.

Pet peeve of mine I guess.

Posted

I think we are fine at WR, but should look at robert mechum....what happened to him, He once was on of brees favorite targets

Injured. Haven't been keeping up?

Posted

hey i know lets spend our cap space on an injured defensive tackle, this sounds like excellent roster management

2 people like this

Posted

I think Marvin would be a perfect fit for us & our DT rotation. He didn't play his senior year got hurt his rookie yr now he's healthy hungry & has plenty of talent.

Posted

We could get veteran bandaids but we would have to cut some young players to make room for them

1 person likes this

Posted

Marvin Austin has only played in 8 games and accumulated a whopping 8 tackles since he was drafted in 2011 in the second round, and just got dropped by the Giants like it's no big deal. Yeah, no thanks on that one.

Posted

A healthy Austin is worth the risk if he's healthy. Would go perfectly with are already impressive line.