Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Upgrades....where, who, how?

47 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Star, Dwan, Short and Cole...and you still see that as a 'need' position? :blink:

Not dead sold on all the others either, but DT is the most obvious.

I never intended it to be a "huge" need, but thanks for overplaying it.

I would like to see another big body behind Star and Cole.

Posted · Report post

Just my two cents but Max Starks was a pretty good lineman. If I've heard of him, them then he must have made an impression. I'm pretty sure he was with a team before San Diego. I know he's listed as a T and we need a guard, but if there's talent there, he might be worth a look. Right now we are hurting at OL. A serviceable vet would be an upgrade over some of the depth we currently hold.

I'm assuming we will sign a WR. It's pretty unconventional to go into the season with only 5. An injury to anyone at the position would cause a serious strain. It is a very vulnerable position injury wise, plus we need our #3 guy to do double duty in the return game.

I'm not really sold on Armond Smith. I thought Poole was more talented. But what do I know? I'm not the coach. Is there a better option after cuts?

Starks played with the steelers before sd

Posted · Report post

I think we are fine at WR, but should look at robert mechum....what happened to him, He once was on of brees favorite targets

No to Meachem. Been reported that his body is broken down/degenerated since his days in NO. He had looked in the mirror and told himself that he sucked last year.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Michael Robinson over Brockel and Tolbert to RB.

Quintin Mikell over Naka. Mikell at SS with Mitchell backing up.

Posted · Report post

Remember we use Hardy inside on some passing downs

Posted · Report post

Yeah, I'm aware of that just figured it wouldn't be a bad idea to start grooming back ups for Star & Short for the future. Cole & Edwards will probably just be around for a year or so. Better to coach up Marvin who has talent then wasting a pick. Just a thought. Would love more OLine help as well.

Posted · Report post

I would like us to take a flyer on FB Jon Connor who was released from the Bengals instead of Richie Brockel.

Yes I may be a Hard Knocks homer, but this kid hits hard and has a good head on his shoulders. I think getting cut from the Bengals (to his surprise) only puts an extra chip on his shoulder. Would love to see him laying the wood and opening holes for Deangelo.

Posted · Report post

I would like us to take a flyer on FB Jon Connor who was released from the Bengals instead of Richie Brockel.

Yes I may be a Hard Knocks homer, but this kid hits hard and has a good head on his shoulders. I think getting cut from the Bengals (to his surprise) only puts an extra chip on his shoulder. Would love to see him laying the wood and opening holes for Deangelo.

There a couple of fullbacks that would be an upgrade.Both Conner and Robinson from Seattle would be upgrades for blocking.

Bottom line is G-man has done very little to upgrade our running game which seems odds being that we being categorized as a run first offense. 

Posted · Report post

Remember we use Hardy inside on some passing downs

I dont think we'll see Hardy inside as much this season. He slimmed down a lot so he could be faster on the edge, plus we are much better off in the middle. 

I think we could see Alexander inside a little more on passing downs, though.

Posted · Report post

Tolbert is the best FB in the league. 

Posted · Report post

I'd take Marvin Austin for depth.

It makes too much sense not to happen.

Gymnastics-dismount.gif