#16 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 39,734 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 01 September 2013 - 12:11 AM

Yeah I'd kind of like to know why Austin isn't even on the table if he's not.

The "reasons" would be nice to see rather than just the statement, I thought he'd be worth a look.

Worth remembering that Gettleman's familiarity with him could be a reason why he wouldn't want him.

If his opinion of him in NY was bad, he might say "stay away from that one, he's not worth it".

#17 usmcpanthers

usmcpanthers

Professional Lurker

• ALL-PRO
  • 1,701 posts
  • LocationTampa, FL

Posted 01 September 2013 - 12:12 AM

I think we are fine at WR, but should look at robert mechum....what happened to him, He once was on of brees favorite targets

#18 mwright350

mwright350

Thy Jimmies shall be Rustled

• ALL-PRO
  • 1,684 posts
  • LocationChina Grove, NC

Posted 01 September 2013 - 12:20 AM

Worth remembering that Gettleman's familiarity with him could be a reason why he wouldn't want him.

If his opinion of him in NY was bad, he might say "stay away from that one, he's not worth it".

That's certainly possible.  I just hate it when people (reporters especially) say things like "for a few reasons" but then the reasons don't follow.

Pet peeve of mine I guess.

#19 ZackAttack23

ZackAttack23

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 569 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 12:32 AM

I think we are fine at WR, but should look at robert mechum....what happened to him, He once was on of brees favorite targets

Injured. Haven't been keeping up?

#20 PhillyB

PhillyB

that jungle football

• ALL-PRO
  • 20,476 posts
  • Locationthird spur east of the sun

Posted 01 September 2013 - 01:19 AM

hey i know lets spend our cap space on an injured defensive tackle, this sounds like excellent roster management

#21 SevyDamus

SevyDamus

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 353 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 01:24 AM

I think Marvin would be a perfect fit for us & our DT rotation. He didn't play his senior year got hurt his rookie yr now he's healthy hungry & has plenty of talent.

#22 Kuech the Sneak

Kuech the Sneak

• HUDDLER
  • 4,835 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 01:29 AM

We could get veteran bandaids but we would have to cut some young players to make room for them

#23 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 13,637 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 01 September 2013 - 02:13 AM

Marvin Austin has only played in 8 games and accumulated a whopping 8 tackles since he was drafted in 2011 in the second round, and just got dropped by the Giants like it's no big deal. Yeah, no thanks on that one.

#24 SevyDamus

SevyDamus

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 353 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 02:24 AM

A healthy Austin is worth the risk if he's healthy. Would go perfectly with are already impressive line.

#25 JawnyBlaze

JawnyBlaze

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,475 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 02:44 AM

I think Chris Scott and Danny Watkins would both be worth a look at RG...haven't seen much at any other positions that are much of an upgrade.

#26 SevyDamus

SevyDamus

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 353 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 02:49 AM

Don't we already have Chris Scott??

#27 CashNewton22

CashNewton22

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 03:34 AM

I'd personally want to bring in Fernando Velecso recently cut from the Titans and release Brian Folkerts. Not sure if we could practice squad him but either way I think he'd be a solid upgrade at backup RG and if Amini misses much time we should be good. I know he's a center naturally...and also he's probably going to a more center needy team....but he's versatile enough to play guard as well. Just my two cents.

#28 jarhead

jarhead

• HUDDLER
  • 4,620 posts
  • Locationnear Charlotte

Posted 01 September 2013 - 04:56 AM

It will be interesting to see what if anything G-Man does to upgrade our roster.This was his area of expertise in NY.From who I have seen cut we could upgrade TE/FB, OL,  secondary and maybe a ST ace with the 6th WR position

#29 jarhead

jarhead

• HUDDLER
  • 4,620 posts
  • Locationnear Charlotte

Posted 01 September 2013 - 05:13 AM

I think Marvin would be a perfect fit for us & our DT rotation. He didn't play his senior year got hurt his rookie yr now he's healthy hungry & has plenty of talent.

Remember we use Hardy inside on some passing downs

#30 Achilles

Achilles

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 429 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 05:48 AM

Just my two cents but Max Starks was a pretty good lineman. If I've heard of him, them then he must have made an impression. I'm pretty sure he was with a team before San Diego. I know he's listed as a T and we need a guard, but if there's talent there, he might be worth a look. Right now we are hurting at OL. A serviceable vet would be an upgrade over some of the depth we currently hold.

I'm assuming we will sign a WR. It's pretty unconventional to go into the season with only 5. An injury to anyone at the position would cause a serious strain. It is a very vulnerable position injury wise, plus we need our #3 guy to do double duty in the return game.

I'm not really sold on Armond Smith. I thought Poole was more talented. But what do I know? I'm not the coach. Is there a better option after cuts?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com