46 replies to this topic

#31 jarhead

jarhead

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,583 posts
  • Locationnear Charlotte

Posted 01 September 2013 - 05:57 AM

Just my two cents but Max Starks was a pretty good lineman. If I've heard of him, them then he must have made an impression. I'm pretty sure he was with a team before San Diego. I know he's listed as a T and we need a guard, but if there's talent there, he might be worth a look. Right now we are hurting at OL. A serviceable vet would be an upgrade over some of the depth we currently hold.

I'm assuming we will sign a WR. It's pretty unconventional to go into the season with only 5. An injury to anyone at the position would cause a serious strain. It is a very vulnerable position injury wise, plus we need our #3 guy to do double duty in the return game.

I'm not really sold on Armond Smith. I thought Poole was more talented. But what do I know? I'm not the coach. Is there a better option after cuts?

I think keeping Armond has to do with him playing special teams.

#32 Toundra

Toundra

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,540 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 06:25 AM

Star, Dwan, Short and Cole...and you still see that as a 'need' position? :blink:

Not dead sold on all the others either, but DT is the most obvious.

Dwan is 32, he is still playing well but i would still sign Jaye Howard.

Howard should be both cheap and good.

To give you an idea about Howard look at this thread.

http://seahawks.net/...php?f=2&t=71688

btw Howard was my 5th pick and the Seahawks selected him with their 4th.

Edit: Howard will be the perfect backup for a starting Short...

#33 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• HUDDLER
  • 17,546 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 01 September 2013 - 06:51 AM

If we're going to make any moves I'd prefer it be at positions of need, not at DT.

We have Edwards' replacement in Shoft.

What we need is RG, S.

#34 mbarbour21

mbarbour21

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 783 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 08:32 AM

Id like to giv Dwyer a shot. Drop Smith. Dwyer dropped some weight this off-season. That was my concern with him. (Maybe to big) I think he could be productive.

#35 csx

csx

• HUDDLER
  • 6,903 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 09:45 AM

I can't think of a single reason why they would be interested in Austin.

#36 2jakefansinva

2jakefansinva

Coach Jack Bolton

• HUDDLER
  • 4,562 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 10:54 AM

We could get veteran bandaids but we would have to cut some young players to make room for them

this is the part that most on here forget about.

and it is a HUGE part of the equation.

#37 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 17,402 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 01 September 2013 - 11:23 AM

Star, Dwan, Short and Cole...and you still see that as a 'need' position? :blink:

Not dead sold on all the others either, but DT is the most obvious.

I never intended it to be a "huge" need, but thanks for overplaying it.

I would like to see another big body behind Star and Cole.

#38 Panthers69473

Panthers69473

THE HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,011 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 01 September 2013 - 11:28 AM

Just my two cents but Max Starks was a pretty good lineman. If I've heard of him, them then he must have made an impression. I'm pretty sure he was with a team before San Diego. I know he's listed as a T and we need a guard, but if there's talent there, he might be worth a look. Right now we are hurting at OL. A serviceable vet would be an upgrade over some of the depth we currently hold.

I'm assuming we will sign a WR. It's pretty unconventional to go into the season with only 5. An injury to anyone at the position would cause a serious strain. It is a very vulnerable position injury wise, plus we need our #3 guy to do double duty in the return game.

I'm not really sold on Armond Smith. I thought Poole was more talented. But what do I know? I'm not the coach. Is there a better option after cuts?

Starks played with the steelers before sd

#39 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 17,402 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 01 September 2013 - 12:13 PM

I think we are fine at WR, but should look at robert mechum....what happened to him, He once was on of brees favorite targets

No to Meachem. Been reported that his body is broken down/degenerated since his days in NO. He had looked in the mirror and told himself that he sucked last year.

#40 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 17,402 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 01 September 2013 - 12:17 PM

Michael Robinson over Brockel and Tolbert to RB.

Quintin Mikell over Naka. Mikell at SS with Mitchell backing up.

#41 SevyDamus

SevyDamus

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 353 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 03:23 AM

Remember we use Hardy inside on some passing downs

#42 SevyDamus

SevyDamus

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 353 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 03:27 AM

Yeah, I'm aware of that just figured it wouldn't be a bad idea to start grooming back ups for Star & Short for the future. Cole & Edwards will probably just be around for a year or so. Better to coach up Marvin who has talent then wasting a pick. Just a thought. Would love more OLine help as well.

#43 OchoNueve

OchoNueve

for those of you that don't habla espanol...

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,222 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 04 September 2013 - 10:06 AM

I would like us to take a flyer on FB Jon Connor who was released from the Bengals instead of Richie Brockel.

Yes I may be a Hard Knocks homer, but this kid hits hard and has a good head on his shoulders. I think getting cut from the Bengals (to his surprise) only puts an extra chip on his shoulder. Would love to see him laying the wood and opening holes for Deangelo.

#44 jarhead

jarhead

• HUDDLER
  • 4,583 posts
  • Locationnear Charlotte

Posted 04 September 2013 - 10:10 AM

I would like us to take a flyer on FB Jon Connor who was released from the Bengals instead of Richie Brockel.

Yes I may be a Hard Knocks homer, but this kid hits hard and has a good head on his shoulders. I think getting cut from the Bengals (to his surprise) only puts an extra chip on his shoulder. Would love to see him laying the wood and opening holes for Deangelo.

There a couple of fullbacks that would be an upgrade.Both Conner and Robinson from Seattle would be upgrades for blocking.

Bottom line is G-man has done very little to upgrade our running game which seems odds being that we being categorized as a run first offense. 

#45 MCC

MCC

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 750 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 11:23 AM

Remember we use Hardy inside on some passing downs

I dont think we'll see Hardy inside as much this season. He slimmed down a lot so he could be faster on the edge, plus we are much better off in the middle. 

I think we could see Alexander inside a little more on passing downs, though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.