Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Shula vs Quinn - A matchup of first year coordinators

27 posts in this topic

Posted

One thing not being discussed is the fact that first year Panthers Offensive Coordinator Mike Shula will be going up against first year Seahawks Defensive Coordinator Dan Quinn.

The Seahawks had much defensive success last season under Gus Bradley, now head coach of the Jaguars.

Seahawk fans seem to think it is a forgone conclusion that no drop in play will be experienced on defense. However, it is highly probable that losing a top tier defensive coordinator will indeed have an effect.

This coaching matchup is a huge question mark. No one really knows how effective either will be in their new role.

2 people like this

Posted

Maybe they should ask the Saints how they did when they lost a few coaches....

Posted

The Jags hired Del Rio after having the best defense we ever had. We did in deed drop in the rankings the next year even under a defensive minded head coach.

6 people like this

Posted

I think we'll be okay if Shula doesn't shoot himself in the foot by trying to make things too complicated or fancy. With the weapons he will have at his disposal, I think he'll be just fine - assuming the line can hold up.

Posted

I think we'll be okay if Shula doesn't shoot himself in the foot by trying to make things too complicated or fancy. With the weapons he will have at his disposal, I think he'll be just fine - assuming the line can hold up.

dont think that will be a problem, fancy and complicated isnt his MO

1 person likes this

Posted

Shula coached the greatest team ever when he was with the dolphins

Sent from my SCH-I545 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

Posted

Why isn't this being talked about more

Posted

So it will be the tale of which coordinator screws up less? I only saw one Seattle game this preseason and he defense looked as advertised. Shula may go conservative or he may become innovative. there is no reason for him not to use the running game. I hope he does.

Posted

Why isn't this being talked about more

that would require taking at least one of the t3b0w segments off of espn's ticker

Posted

I forgot about that. Definitely will be a factor, but that defense still has a lot of talent.

Posted

If we come out throwing and keeping the Seahawks off balance we can dictate the pace of the game. Try and get some three and outs on defense. I think if we play our brand of football on both sides of the ball we will be in the game at the end. Only this year I believe Cam will make the throw and the defense will hold.