243 replies to this topic

#151 VIP

VIP

S-Jax

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 08:55 PM

And of course they have never been wrong.

Whats your point? They shouldn't go with who they think is the better player because they have been wrong before? What does that even mean?

#152 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,259 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 08:56 PM

Part of being a better player is being able to..you know..being healthy enough to actually play. AE is a better player right now, according to Gettleman and Rivera. Its a fact.

AE missed 3/4 of the preseason with injury.

#153 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 14,449 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 01 September 2013 - 08:58 PM

Let's talk about how much time Gettis has missed over the years.

#154 CarolinaPanthersCynic

CarolinaPanthersCynic

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 673 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 08:58 PM

I can only judge what my eyes see and when I saw Gettis play he showed potential. Even this preseason he looked special until the injury. I don't see any point in saying a player will fail or succeed, I just sit back and watch. I'm glad Gettis is still around and I hope he gets a chance to prove himself at some point in the season.

He and Matt Moore were the next Joe Montana and Jerry Rice.

#155 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • 15,910 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 09:05 PM

Wait so did Armanti Play for another pro team and have a pro bowl year??

Or is this comparison you're making really stupid.

So now we get to use ancient history accomplishments to support current personnel decisions?

Jake went to a Pro Bowl and a Super Bowl, but you said we held on to him too long.

Gettis was good 3 years ago maybe we are taking your advice and parting with players who are no longer playing well despite what they did three years ago.

Edit: and yes the comparison is stupid, it was meant to be stupid. It was as stupid as using stats from three seasons ago to justify keeping a player today.

#156 VIP

VIP

S-Jax

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 09:06 PM

AE missed 3/4 of the preseason with injury.

So? Do you think that matters to the people who make decisions? They want who they think is going to be the best guy for us in week 13 when we're fighting for a playoff spot. They would rather that person be Edwards than Gettis for obvious reasons. 1 being he is better, 2 he isn't an idiot that needs to be coached on plays during the game, 3 he isn't broken down. It wasn't a difficult decision I'm sure. Thats why they told Edwards not to bother rushing himself back to play in meaningless preseason. They've known who they want for a while now. Sorry. I would say you could go root for Gettis on his new team, but he didn't get one. Literally not a single team in the league wants him.

#157 Ivan The Awesome

Ivan The Awesome

That wasn't a Penalty.

• ALL-PRO
  • 9,914 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 01 September 2013 - 09:08 PM

Part of being a better player is being able to..you know..being healthy enough to actually play. AE is a better player right now, according to Gettleman and Rivera. Its a fact.

Health is key. That is true. So is performance. Armanti may have the edge on health, not performance. Again Gettis' health was Armanti's salvation. A healthy Gettis would not be waived.

#158 VIP

VIP

S-Jax

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 09:13 PM

Health is key. That is true. So is performance. Armanti may have the edge on health, not performance. Again Gettis' health was Armanti's salvation. A healthy Gettis would not be waived.

From everything we know, Armanti has outperformed Gettis this offseason. Is that because Gettis isn't healthy? Does it matter since he will never be as "healthy" as he was in 2010? Who cares what Gettis could have been. He didn't become what he could have been, he became what he is now. Perpetually injured and didn't bother to shore up his skills and mental game enough to still contribute.

#159 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 16,259 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 09:16 PM

Let's talk about how much time Gettis has missed over the years.

Ok let's talk about it and how many catches AE racked up during that time.

#160 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• HUDDLER
  • 7,847 posts
  • LocationNonya

Posted 01 September 2013 - 09:19 PM

So now we get to use ancient history accomplishments to support current personnel decisions?

Jake went to a Pro Bowl and a Super Bowl, but you said we held on to him too long.

Gettis was good 3 years ago maybe we are taking your advice and parting with players who are no longer playing well despite what they did three years ago.

Edit: and yes the comparison is stupid, it was meant to be stupid. It was as stupid as using stats from three seasons ago to justify keeping a player today.

Yes Gettis was OK 3 years ago and AE has never been good. So where does that leave us??

#161 TCF2

TCF2

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 268 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 09:20 PM

Zod... Why oh why did you start these two threads?

Instead of everybody being all excited about less than 7 days from now.... Everyone is arguing over stupid stuff

#162 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 16,259 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 09:21 PM

Zod... Why oh why did you start these two threads?

Instead of everybody being all excited about less than 7 days from now.... Everyone is arguing over stupid stuff

It passes the time better than waiting to see if we claimed anyone off wires. And Zod gets some traffic. Win win!

#163 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• HUDDLER
  • 7,847 posts
  • LocationNonya

Posted 01 September 2013 - 09:23 PM

Whats your point? They shouldn't go with who they think is the better player because they have been wrong before? What does that even mean?

No my point is we don't have to be Robots and agree with every decision they make.

This staff hasn't earned the right to not be questioned.

#164 Ivan The Awesome

Ivan The Awesome

That wasn't a Penalty.

• ALL-PRO
  • 9,914 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 01 September 2013 - 09:23 PM

From everything we know, Armanti has outperformed Gettis this offseason. Is that because Gettis isn't healthy? Does it matter since he will never be as "healthy" as he was in 2010? Who cares what Gettis could have been. He didn't become what he could have been, he became what he is now. Perpetually injured and didn't bother to shore up his skills and mental game enough to still contribute.

Armanti outperformed Gettis? Yeah.. no. Armanti improved slightly. Again. Armanti's a lucky guy. From now on, he better do something. His price tag alone should make everyone livid it has taken him this long to become slightly above mediocre. Other QB/WR projects made strides faster at a lower price tag. which is why I do not comprehend babying nature some of you have for him. In my opinion, he would not make anyone elses roster as a WR. Hypothetical statement, I know.

#165 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • 15,910 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 09:25 PM

Yes Gettis was OK 3 years ago and AE has never been good. So where does that leave us??

With a guy who is playing better right now over a guy who played decent three years ago.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com