• Please log in to reply
243 replies to this topic

#191 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationNonya
HUDDLER

Posted 01 September 2013 - 10:11 PM

Love taps don't dislodge helmets and nearly give a player a concussion. That's what Mitchell was doing in camp. I didn't compare them directly, but mitchell wasn't taking it easy at all and was going after the WR's over the middle. I even said camp hits usually aren't bad as well. 

So one player who did it in like 2 practices is comparable to 11 players trying to do it on every play??

Yeah I see your logic on this.

#192 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

SUPPORTER

Posted 01 September 2013 - 10:12 PM

In Gettis' only 100 yard receiving game he also likely cost us the game with a dropped TD on fourth down that would have tied it in the 4th quarter against SF.

Anyone remember that?

So the only game that he really looked like he could play still hurt us.

#193 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• LocationNonya
HUDDLER

Posted 01 September 2013 - 10:16 PM

Huh. Obviously Gettis has more career receptions than Armanti. Gettis wasn't coming into the NFL converting from a QB. The first year of Armanti's career he got no development. John Fox wanted nothing to do with him.

So what happened in  the 2 years after Fox was gone or are we going to use excuses for AE and nobody else.

#194 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

SUPPORTER

Posted 01 September 2013 - 10:18 PM

So what happened in  the 2 years after Fox was gone or are we going to use excuses for AE and nobody else.

AE has been more productive than Gettis the last two years.  5x as many catches. 

#195 pantherj

pantherj

HUDDLER

Posted 01 September 2013 - 10:19 PM

I'd pay a hundred bucks right now just to show Gettis these threads and see the look on his face. I can only attribute this frenzy of discussion to the overall excitement of the fan base over the start of the NFL season. It sure as hell isn't about anything Gettis did in 2010. I watched that season, and he was in single coverage a lot of games.

#196 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• LocationLexington, NC
SUPPORTER

Posted 01 September 2013 - 10:19 PM

As far as I'm concerned since this is year 3 of Armanti as just a WR, this is Armanti's make it season. It's the first legit chance he has to make an impact on the roster as a WR. 

I happen to think he'll surprise everyone and have like 30-40 catches for like 500 yards and 3-4 touchdowns. That's just me though, the guy who can't evaluate Wr's or NFL players at all. 

#197 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• LocationNonya
HUDDLER

Posted 01 September 2013 - 10:20 PM

Monetary bets aren't allowed and I'm already in a bet with you about WR's, that so far is looking really bad for you. lmao

See signature for references if your memory is failing you at a time like this. lol 

Just admit that Robinson will put up better numbers in 1 year then AE did in 3 and that's it.

Plus the Season hasn't started yet and Hunter and Patterson are starting for their teams so you might want to wait before running your mouth.

#198 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• LocationNonya
HUDDLER

Posted 01 September 2013 - 10:23 PM

As far as I'm concerned since this is year 3 of Armanti as just a WR, this is Armanti's make it season. It's the first legit chance he has to make an impact on the roster as a WR. 

I happen to think he'll surprise everyone and have like 30-40 catches for like 500 yards and 3-4 touchdowns. That's just me though, the guy who can't evaluate Wr's or NFL players at all. 

Yes of course Armanti gave everybody a 3 year head start before showing his real talent.

#199 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• LocationCharlotte, NC
HUDDLER

Posted 01 September 2013 - 10:23 PM

So what happened in the 2 years after Fox was gone or are we going to use excuses for AE and nobody else.

New coaches, new system, new OC, rookie quarterback, and AE still needed to develop into a new position.

You tell me how high of a priority Armanti becoming a WR was in 2011.

2012 came along after things had settled, and AE finally showed some promise.

#200 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• LocationNonya
HUDDLER

Posted 01 September 2013 - 10:27 PM

New coaches, new system, new OC, rookie quarterback, and AE still needed to develop into a new position.

You tell me how high of a priority Armanti becoming a WR was in 2011.

2012 came along after things had settled, and AE finally showed some promise.

Excuses, excuses , excuses.

While other teams have cut more productive 1st round picks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users