243 replies to this topic

#31 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,847 posts
  • LocationNonya

Posted 01 September 2013 - 06:20 PM

Trashing Armanti Edwards over and over isn't going to bring Gettis back.

You call it trashing. I call it facts.

#32 TheRumGone

TheRumGone

mountain man

• ALL-PRO
  • 10,327 posts
  • LocationAsheville, NC

Posted 01 September 2013 - 06:21 PM

this thing has been hilarious because it has gotten very, VERY emotional for people who are looking into the Gettis cut more than what it is.

#33 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,086 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 06:21 PM

Going forward, Aramanti is on the team while David is not, so he's the guy we should get behind.

Boom!

#34 TheRumGone

TheRumGone

mountain man

• ALL-PRO
  • 10,327 posts
  • LocationAsheville, NC

Posted 01 September 2013 - 06:22 PM

i think we can make it to 60 pages on this one.

#35 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 16,183 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 06:22 PM

I think that's how it appears Marguide, but not how it was planned...  Again, the issue was about Gettis but the other receivers, namely Armanti got pulled into it, most likely as a counter-insult because of the celebratory nature of posts championing the Gettis cut. 

As for my Armanti picture above, it's because I'm a jackass.

All jokes aside, we have to hope the guys we have on the roster are the right guys to get the job done and get us some wins.  That being said, I've never been anti-(insert player name here) as long as they are a player on our team.  Will I point out deficiencies or make the occasional joke about a legendary fail they have made?  Yes.  But, if they are on my team, I support them wholeheartedly.

#36 TheRumGone

TheRumGone

mountain man

• ALL-PRO
  • 10,327 posts
  • LocationAsheville, NC

Posted 01 September 2013 - 06:24 PM

I think that's how it appears Marguide, but not how it was planned...  Again, the issue was about Gettis but the other receivers, namely Armanti got pulled into it, most likely as a counter-insult because of the celebratory nature of posts championing the Gettis cut. 

As for my Armanti picture above, it's because I'm a jackass.

no armanti got pulled in because people upset with the gettis cut said he should have made it over armanti. that is how all that started.

#37 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 14,450 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 01 September 2013 - 06:24 PM

You call it trashing. I call it facts.

Funny thing, I've never heard his teammates trash him. They've actually offered much praise.

Even Steve Smith has praised Armanti. I didn't hear him say anything about David Gettis. Strange.

#38 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 16,259 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 06:25 PM

Going forward, Aramanti is on the team while David is not, so he's the guy we should get behind. 

Like everyone is behind Bell and Nakamura and Garry Williams. Hey they're on the team, gotta love them!

#39 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

• Moderators
  • 16,183 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 06:26 PM

no armanti got pulled in because people upset with the gettis cut said he should have made it over armanti. that is how all that started.

LOL...  SMH...

So you know that is exactly what every poster was thinking when they mentioned Armanti, Rum?

#40 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 16,259 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 06:27 PM

Funny thing, I've never heard his teammates trash him. They've actually offered much praise.

Even Steve Smith has praised Armanti. I didn't hear him say anything about David Gettis. Strange.

He praised Armanti last year, too, and he still contributed nothing.

#41 TheRumGone

TheRumGone

mountain man

• ALL-PRO
  • 10,327 posts
  • LocationAsheville, NC

Posted 01 September 2013 - 06:27 PM

LOL...  SMH...

So you know that is exactly what every poster was thinking when they mentioned Armanti, Rum?

not every poster but it was brought up initially by kkl or rodeo i believe. it was a comparison thing.

#42 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 14,450 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 01 September 2013 - 06:28 PM

Why else mention Armanti?

AE isn't the head coach or GM.

#43 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,086 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 06:28 PM

The fact that he cleared waivers should tell all of us he is done for good this time. Out of the league. Best of luck David.

#44 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

• Moderators
  • 16,183 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 06:31 PM

I mentioned him personally to compare the two as well, not necessarily because I thought Gettis should've made it over him, because by all accounts Armanti looked the part throughout camp.  I felt if Armanti made it, then we should've had room for Gettis - that doesn't mean at the expense of Armanti.

Why are we doing this again?  LOL.

#45 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 16,259 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 06:31 PM

not every poster but it was brought up initially by kkl or rodeo i believe. it was a comparison thing.

I did bring him up early and often, and in doing so said they should both be cut. I'm not a Gettis fan, Ginn fills the same role 10 times better. But just like a hypothetical thread announcing that Cole has been cut and Fua has been kept, people are going to obviously make comparisons to people who have performed or not performed.

Armanti is the Fua of the WR corps.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com