Carolina Huddle and The Growler Tailgate are partnering up this year for tailgating fun.
Fellow Huddler RoaringRiot runs these tailgates and does so in great fashion. It is a block party feel with a live band and plenty of games and entertainment.
"The Growler"is Charlotte's only block party-style tailgate party open to the public before every Panthers home game. We are located on the corners of 4th & Graham Streets - just a few blocks away from BoA Stadium. Admission is FREE. Ticket upgrades are available.
The tailgate is located here: http://goo.gl/maps/ZfKnf
There will be a live band, games, and plenty of fun. This week the tailgate is catered by Mac's Speed Shop.
While admission is free, there are ticket upgrades you could/should purchase. For 30 bucks you can eat, drink, and enjoy the tailgate without having to bring or cook anything. Its really a great deal. If you are a high roller, there are VIP tickets for a more luxurious experience.
Portions of the proceeds for each week go to a charity. This week the charity is Blondes vs Brunettes
You can purchase tickets here ...
I'm happy to have The Growler be the host for the Huddle Tailgate Party. What we do is not exactly the same as what you all have done for the past few years, but we do offer some cool amenities and change can be good (Hurney). Here are some points to help clarify and I'm happy to answer any questions you may have.
- We start the party three hours before the game (typically 10am since most of our games are 1p on Sunday).
- For Sunday games we cannot serve beer until 12p, so we do a BYOB from 10a-12p. This is why we have to limit the BYOB ticket to 6 beers
- The tailgate runs until halftime (approx. 2:30pm). The VIP area stays open until about an hour after the game (approx. 5p)
- I've rented the entire lot so there are no cars on the lot, but we have parking spaces right across the street we can use. They were charging $20 for those spaces for the preseason games, so hopefully they won't jack them up for the regular season
- We will have a good local band at each party.
- We will either have a food truck or two or Mac's Speed Shop cooking at each party.
So again, it's different from the past, but hopefully you'll come out and give it a shot and enjoy yourselves.