ladypanther

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,261 posts
  • LocationWNC

Posted 02 September 2013 - 09:11 PM

It's a combination of things.

Some of it was some people throwing in a dollar or two and eating tons of food and taking advantage of the situation. It started costing more than it brought in for toys 4 tots. At that point it's just not worth it anymore.

Plus not all the sponsors paid up so mush spent from his own pocket, which I just found out recently. Really ticked me off.

Last two years were the worst. After all of the costs, there was not a lot for the bikes. Mush and I ended up throwing about $1,000 of our own money in to buy more bikes....to have a decent showing. I know it really bothered him.

Sorry to hear that and sorry we did not know.  I am sure there are many here who would have been willing to help out.

Am going to get to come to a few games this year.  Will miss the old Huddle tailgate. The Huddle is a neat community...it was fun to meet many of you at our gathering.  And many props to Mush for all he did and also to the volunteers who were there early to help out.  I am sure most people have no clue about all the work and sacrifice that Mush did to give us that great tailgate.  Mush...thank you, thank you.  It was a lot of fun and it was like a nice community.  Also,serving a good cause was nice.

#62 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,342 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 03 September 2013 - 07:11 AM

I had no idea that things were not going well. Funding it on your own was certainly generous. I would be fine with still tailgating with the group with scaled back expectations to just have fun. I will miss the tailgates and the regulars.

Andy would never say anything. He was just that dedicated and generous for the cause. But, we talked about it a lot...and it got progressively worse over the past couple if years. We wrote off most if it due to the poor economy....people gave what they could. But, it got pretty had. We would have games where the total donations in the bucket would be less than $80.

#63 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,342 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 03 September 2013 - 07:12 AM

Sorry to hear that and sorry we did not know. I am sure there are many here who would have been willing to help out.

Am going to get to come to a few games this year. Will miss the old Huddle tailgate. The Huddle is a neat community...it was fun to meet many of you at our gathering. And many props to Mush for all he did and also to the volunteers who were there early to help out. I am sure most people have no clue about all the work and sacrifice that Mush did to give us that great tailgate. Mush...thank you, thank you. It was a lot of fun and it was like a nice community. Also,serving a good cause was nice.

A lot if it was the time and energy that Andy put into it. He often did not even go to the games. He needed a break.

#64 Kevin Greene

Kevin Greene

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 16,669 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 09:02 AM

That old saying: no good deed goes unpunished.

#65 nctarheel0619

nctarheel0619

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,967 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 12:06 PM

Does anybody know how the Growler Tailgate party is?  Just curious, because I'm going to that for the Rams game. 

#66 chknwing

chknwing

• HUDDLER
  • 6,550 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 01:40 PM

what do you get for VIP tickets?

#67 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,591 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 01:41 PM

old fashions

#68 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 19,800 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 03 September 2013 - 09:03 PM

old fashions

oh then i'm TOTALLY in

#69 mush

mush

Tailgate Czar

• Moderators
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 09:53 PM

$30 for unlimited Mac's, beer, a spot to party in (you have to pay for an extra parking spot in any tailgate lot), somebody to clean up after you, and a band is not a bad deal.  If you go to Picasso's and get a plate of wings and beers with tip it will cost you almost that much. 

I would have done the tailgates again this year but I have some family commitments and won't be able to go to all the games anyways.  If I had done them I would have done them differently.  We had the last Ranucci tailgate last year and people would eat competition quality BBQ that finished in the top 10 in Memphis two years in a row and leave a few bucks after eating several plates with sides and appetizers then try to bum beers off others. 

BTW Iceberg Slim is the name of the sponsor that stiffed me.  He had another screen name, sagacious panther or something like that, but after he didn't pay me for a sponsorship he agreed to do he quit posting for awhile, then changed his screen name so nobody would call him out.  Piece of poo in my opinion.  he's now posting almost daily. 

#70 Kevin Greene

Kevin Greene

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 16,669 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 10:20 PM

Mush even though from afar I always admired what you did for Panther fans and kids.

You deserved to be treated better.

Cheers:

libation_schooner-crop_t640.jpg?a6ea3ebd

#71 camtheone

camtheone

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 548 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 10:22 PM

MUSH:  I wasn't ever able to attend any of the tailgates in Carolina with the huddle but was looking forward to hanging out there after all the comments.  I can't believe people would take advantage of that all and all that you did.  Still debating if we're going to goto this other tailgating venue.  Does the band start before noon?  I know with the new check points and all the lines might be a little longer to get into the game and I do not want to miss this kick off..... Sorry so many people screwed you over with all the hard work you did and time and effort to make and hold a great party/tailgate environment for true panther fans.

#72 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 16,529 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 03 September 2013 - 10:23 PM

$30 for unlimited Mac's, beer, a spot to party in (you have to pay for an extra parking spot in any tailgate lot), somebody to clean up after you, and a band is not a bad deal.  If you go to Picasso's and get a plate of wings and beers with tip it will cost you almost that much. 

I would have done the tailgates again this year but I have some family commitments and won't be able to go to all the games anyways.  If I had done them I would have done them differently.  We had the last Ranucci tailgate last year and people would eat competition quality BBQ that finished in the top 10 in Memphis two years in a row and leave a few bucks after eating several plates with sides and appetizers then try to bum beers off others. 

BTW Iceberg Slim is the name of the sponsor that stiffed me.  He had another screen name, sagacious panther or something like that, but after he didn't pay me for a sponsorship he agreed to do he quit posting for awhile, then changed his screen name so nobody would call him out.  Piece of poo in my opinion.  he's now posting almost daily. 

I appreciate all you did for the huddle and the tailgates over the years. I guess I will have to find another tailgate. I usually bring 3 or 4 folks with me and 120 bucks is way too much to tailgate. On top of  160-200 for tickets and parking.  I can buy a few cases of beer and food for 10 for that.    You introduced me to everyone at my first tailgate and made me feel welcome.  I appreciate you..

#73 ladypanther

ladypanther

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 5,261 posts
  • LocationWNC

Posted 03 September 2013 - 10:25 PM

Thanks for all you did Mush.  Very few knew all the work you put into it.  I appreciated what you did even when I could not go.  I think you are amazing.

Thanks for letting us know who did not pay up.  How much money in all did you lose?  I think we should work on that given that you made a lot of personal sacrifice.

#74 dkmilitary

dkmilitary

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 135 posts
  • LocationSandhills

Posted 03 September 2013 - 10:46 PM

Sorry to hear all that Mush. We went a couple of times last year, and while we didn't stay long the spread was well worth 10 bucks for a plate.Thanks for all your hard work and shame on those that stiffed you and that some didn't feel it necessary to pay a fair amount for what they consumed and pay it forward to the toys for tots campaign. Your efforts were much appreciated along with those who sponsored each tailgate.

#75 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,591 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 06:25 AM

Macs Speed shop you say....

Interesting.

I may be able to make a game later in the fall and I'll be sure to stop by.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Carolina Panthers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.