Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,067 posts
  • LocationOn a Sales Call

Posted 04 September 2013 - 09:09 AM

Macs Speed shop you say....

Interesting.

I may be able to make a game later in the fall and I'll be sure to stop by.

I'll bring the vinegar based sauce!

#77 Johnny Rockets

Johnny Rockets

Mayor of Awesomeville

• HUDDLER
  • 6,224 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 09:18 AM

I have a question that needs to be answered. I understand you can pay "x" amount and bring in a six pack because of the no beer sales before noon thing but what about liquor? I can't tailgate without a bottle of Sambuca. I tried once and spent the next 4 days in the hospital because my body went into shock.

#78 Kyle82

Kyle82

• HUDDLER
  • 3,885 posts
  • LocationRock Hill SC

Posted 04 September 2013 - 10:36 AM

I have a question that needs to be answered. I understand you can pay "x" amount and bring in a six pack because of the no beer sales before noon thing but what about liquor? I can't tailgate without a bottle of Sambuca. I tried once and spent the next 4 days in the hospital because my body went into shock.

No worries......that only happens to Eagle and Falcon fans.....you should be fine ;)

#79 seahawks12thman

seahawks12thman

NOT NEWB

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 01:31 PM

Looking forward to the game, I will be there!

#80 Chaos

Chaos

@chaos_cltsports

• ALL-PRO
  • 9,134 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 04:45 PM

Looking forward to the game, I will be there!

Sporting that brand new Russell Wilson jersey?  Did you do expedited shipping to make sure it gets to you before the game?

#81 seahawks12thman

seahawks12thman

NOT NEWB

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 04:48 PM

Sporting that brand new Russell Wilson jersey?  Did you do expedited shipping to make sure it gets to you before the game?

I never wear team jersey's with another players name on my back. Sorry but I don't want to be him LOL. I won't even wear team colors. Too many drunk idiots at football games and I really don't want to deal with that crap. I will be pretty emotionless throughout the game. 

#82 2jakefansinva

2jakefansinva

Coach Jack Bolton

• HUDDLER
  • 4,705 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 05:27 PM

I never wear team jersey's with another players name on my back. Sorry but I don't want to be him LOL. I won't even wear team colors. Too many drunk idiots at football games and I really don't want to deal with that crap. I will be pretty emotionless throughout the game. 

I knew it..............you are a Panthers season ticket holder.

#83 sunbunny

sunbunny

• HUDDLER
  • 2,837 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 06:37 PM

Mush, a heartfelt thank you from all the bunny's.

#84 goodoleboy

goodoleboy

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 496 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 07:20 PM

$30 for unlimited Mac's, beer, a spot to party in (you have to pay for an extra parking spot in any tailgate lot), somebody to clean up after you, and a band is not a bad deal.  If you go to Picasso's and get a plate of wings and beers with tip it will cost you almost that much. 

I would have done the tailgates again this year but I have some family commitments and won't be able to go to all the games anyways.  If I had done them I would have done them differently.  We had the last Ranucci tailgate last year and people would eat competition quality BBQ that finished in the top 10 in Memphis two years in a row and leave a few bucks after eating several plates with sides and appetizers then try to bum beers off others. 

BTW Iceberg Slim is the name of the sponsor that stiffed me.  He had another screen name, sagacious panther or something like that, but after he didn't pay me for a sponsorship he agreed to do he quit posting for awhile, then changed his screen name so nobody would call him out.  Piece of poo in my opinion.  he's now posting almost daily. 

I also want to say thanks.

I made it to 2-4 per season usually the ones Ranucci catered. You had one of my homebrew beers. I know you need a break but what about a group effort on only a couple per season? Maybe just the division games.  We might still be able to get a few bikes together for the kids. I hate to see such a positive thing for so many years go away completely. The Panthers sucking the past few years didn't help the situation either.

This new deal is fine. I just hate to see the kids excluded. I brought my son to many a Huddle tailgate. I usually dropped a 20 for each of us in the box. Had I known the situation it would have been more.

Thanks again.

#85 catfang

catfang

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,283 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 07:49 PM

$30 for unlimited Mac's, beer, a spot to party in (you have to pay for an extra parking spot in any tailgate lot), somebody to clean up after you, and a band is not a bad deal.  If you go to Picasso's and get a plate of wings and beers with tip it will cost you almost that much. 

I would have done the tailgates again this year but I have some family commitments and won't be able to go to all the games anyways.  If I had done them I would have done them differently.  We had the last Ranucci tailgate last year and people would eat competition quality BBQ that finished in the top 10 in Memphis two years in a row and leave a few bucks after eating several plates with sides and appetizers then try to bum beers off others. 

BTW Iceberg Slim is the name of the sponsor that stiffed me.  He had another screen name, sagacious panther or something like that, but after he didn't pay me for a sponsorship he agreed to do he quit posting for awhile, then changed his screen name so nobody would call him out.  Piece of poo in my opinion.  he's now posting almost daily. 

Thanks Andy, those were really good times. 

#86 civilizedgrit

civilizedgrit

WNC fan

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
  • LocationCullowhee

Posted 04 September 2013 - 07:51 PM

My family have been coming to the tailgates for the last 5 years or so; with four of us (two kids), one game a year was all we could afford.  (Tickets on stubhub aren't cheap...)  funny, I felt bad about putting "only" $20 per adult head in the pot.  Didn't realize the freeloading going on.

I really appreciate all Mush did for those tailgates; he was the first guy I met there, with JakeFlake/Alverez/the Irish red headed dude, etc, and we were welcomed like we were old friends.  Nice to drive 4 hours and find folks that acted like they were your next door neighbors.

We were bringing another family to their first game (they also have 2 kids) to the last NO game this year; already got our tickets!  However, the 21 and over puts us, too, looking for another place to tailgate.  You guys always integrated well with the kids, even when drunk (!); I wouldn't give up the ability to bring the family for a live band (usually too damn noisy to have a conversation over, anyway).

I'll miss the variety in the menu; the shrimp and gumbo Bo from Monroe (I think) catered for a NO game was superb, and I enjoyed helping cook it all, too.  Guess I feel like it was better when it was just a bunch of fans tied together by the love of the game than a "professional" party.

Sad to see the old tailgates go, but I guess that model was, as they say, unsustainable.  Thanks again, guys, the memories are great.

#87 Chaos

Chaos

@chaos_cltsports

• ALL-PRO
  • 9,134 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 08:10 PM

Just make sure you observe this sign posted around Bank of America stadium and you'll make it out.

keep-calm-and-stay-seated-11.png

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Carolina Panthers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com