69 replies to this topic

#1 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,086 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 01:44 PM

A WHOLE PIE!

The best predictor of the future is the past, but things have changed since the Panthers squared off against the Seahawks last season. Here are the top 3 reasons why Carolina will be victorious on Sunday.

1. Greg Hardy

The Seahawks have yet to experience the full Kraken. Last season, they saw more of a three quarters Kraken. Hardy did not come into his own until November when he started to dominate his opponents. This season Hardy's outlook looks even brighter because he will be playing next to legitimate NFL defensive tackles, which brings me to my next point...

carolina-panthers-seattle-seahawks-1.jpg

2. Star Lotulelei and Kawaan Short.

Star and Short, the first and second round draft picks of the Panthers, will provide something the Panthers were severely lacking last season. Together they will plug the middle of the field where Marshawn Lynch ran nearly untouched all game long. This may be the biggest upgrade (literally) the Panthers have had in many seasons. The addition of these players in the defensive interior will provide push up the middle and allow the best linebacker in football, Luke Kuechly, to roam free in search of the ball. Sorry Marshawn, no soup for you.

carolina-panthers-seattle-seahawks-2.jpg

3. Cam Newton

Cam has been much maligned in the media at times, but anyone who actually watches him play recognizes he is the real deal. After breaking the record for passing yards by any QB in their first two years, Cam is ready to take his game to a new level. The Seahawks will be missing their two top sack leaders in Clemmons and Irvin, allowing Cam to run more freely if things tighten up in the pocket. Start Cam on your fantasy team folks, he is going to have a solid day.

carolina-panthers-seattle-seahawks-3.jpg

#2 IGSaint

IGSaint

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,153 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 01:46 PM

That was well written write up. I was half looking for a link to the article at the bottom of your post.

#3 2jakefansinva

2jakefansinva

Coach Jack Bolton

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,735 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 01:47 PM

word!

#4 bleys

bleys

Simple and Plain

• ALL-PRO
  • 15,492 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 01:47 PM

#4 - Richard Sherman will be playing for the Seahawks.

#5 Kuech the Sneak

Kuech the Sneak

• HUDDLER
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 01:50 PM

Lynch wasn't exactly running free on us, but we will be much better this time around against the run

#6 AKPantherFan

AKPantherFan

Cam Can....Can you???

• HUDDLER
  • 5,016 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 01:50 PM

The DE's being nicked up is a big + for us... Sorry Seahags....

Where is Hawk at? I want to just let him know im sorry now for next sunday sucking for him.... (not really ;)

#7 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,320 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 01:51 PM

#5 we're undefeated bitches!

#8 weymouthst

weymouthst

#1 zero

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,041 posts
  • LocationMaine

Posted 02 September 2013 - 01:53 PM

I really think the front 7 are going to have a field day out there.

#9 DeeJay

DeeJay

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,119 posts
  • LocationHell Paso Texas

Posted 02 September 2013 - 01:54 PM

#6 Gettlemen Magic I seriously dont think we are done with the O-Line 

#10 Frizzy350

Frizzy350

• HUDDLER
  • 2,291 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 01:56 PM

I think Ginn is going to set the tone for the type of spark he's going to provide for our team.  Don't expect a fat statline, but I think he'll open the field for us and give us some great field position.  Seahawks are a great paper team, they seem to have excellent starters across the board, but I think they will disappoint this season if a few starters go down.  

#11 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,086 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 02:00 PM

I think Ginn is going to set the tone for the type of spark he's going to provide for our team.  Don't expect a fat statline, but I think he'll open the field for us and give us some great field position.  Seahawks are a great paper team, they seem to have excellent starters across the board, but I think they will disappoint this season if a few starters go down.  

Good point

A slightly better special teams group last year and better field position could have won that game for us.

#12 NanceUSMC

NanceUSMC

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,149 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 02:30 PM

Good point

A slightly better special teams group last year and better field position could have won that game for us.

Not to hang it all on Cam, but not throwing a bounce pass to a wide open Hartsock (?) in the end zone on 4th down would've helped, too...  =\

#13 PhillyB

PhillyB

that jungle football

• ALL-PRO
  • 20,501 posts
  • Locationthird spur east of the sun

Posted 02 September 2013 - 02:34 PM

mikell will help slow down the run too. huge addition for this game in particular.

#14 L-TownCat

L-TownCat

Baptized In The Blood Of Saints

• ALL-PRO
  • 5,081 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 02:40 PM

Somebody pin this plz

#15 hepcat

hepcat

Skandalouz

• HUDDLER
  • 4,587 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 02:42 PM

Can't wait for the game, although I'm not as optimistic as you.  While you might be right about the defense, I expect to see a game similar to Week 1 last year.  Panthers offense comes out flat, lose a low scoring defensive battle.  

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Carolina Panthers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com