Photo
- - - - -

Ron Rivera Press Conference

Best Answer rayzor, 02 September 2013 - 10:14 PM

just for clarities sake here is rivera's actual words about this game being important from this interview.

Exactly. We talked about starting strong. We talked about we finished strong last year, we want to pick up where we left off. We want to start strong and we're going to start physical, playing hard. Ummm...I agree and I agree with your sentiments about it. The thing that people don't realize is that this is a 16 game marathon. You want to win them all. You want to win your first one, but truthfully you want to win the one you're about to play because that's the most important one. That's our approach. We're going to focus in on one game at a time and when that game is over you want to move on to the next one and I've talked about that to these guys and I think that's probably the most important thing that we focus in on this first game.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
155 replies to this topic

#121 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,126 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 07:19 PM

please for the love of god lock this thread this poo is so stupid. CONTEXT

Say lock my thread again to my face and see what happens

#122 TheRumGone

TheRumGone

mountain man

• ALL-PRO
  • 9,876 posts
  • LocationAsheville, NC

Posted 02 September 2013 - 07:20 PM

Say lock my thread again to my face and see what happens

#123 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 16,126 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 07:21 PM

i did. you're right.

much better than what was represented in the OP. not sure how he got what he did from what rivera said.

pick up where they left off last year. start fast. want to win them all.

to be fair, rivera made enough excuses and justifications for losses last year..."there's always next week" and "rome wasn't built in a day". crap like that just pisses me off. i'm still not at all won over by rivera yet. game management and his reactions to losses are two very huge things for me and until i see changes there, he's still the same guy. his accepting that he could have done things better management-wise last year and pointing out bad decisions he made and owning them made me feel a bit better about him, but i have to see it to believe it.

I represented what he said pretty dang well. It's a quick paraphrase, I didn't make people read into it or freak out without context. I presented it as out of context.

#124 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 16,126 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 07:24 PM

If you get my thread locked I will literally feel bad

#125 TheRumGone

TheRumGone

mountain man

• ALL-PRO
  • 9,876 posts
  • LocationAsheville, NC

Posted 02 September 2013 - 07:27 PM

If you get my thread locked I will literally feel bad

i literally won't care :)

#126 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 16,126 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 07:27 PM

SAY IT TO MY FACE

#127 TheRumGone

TheRumGone

mountain man

• ALL-PRO
  • 9,876 posts
  • LocationAsheville, NC

Posted 02 September 2013 - 07:31 PM

#128 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,302 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 07:55 PM

I represented what he said pretty dang well. It's a quick paraphrase, I didn't make people read into it or freak out without context. I presented it as out of context.

the question asked had to do with the team getting a slow start the past couple years and if it's an emphasis and something that it's been preached a lot, but then the reporter does something dumb and asked if it was putting too much pressure on them to win the first game and rivera says exactly...but he was saying exactly to the first part of the question which is it had been stressed.

here are rivera's exact words and you tell me if you represented them well.

exactly. we to stalked about starting strong. we talked about we finished strong last year, we want to pick up where we left off. we want to start strong and we're going to start physical playing hard. ummm...i agree and i agree with your sentiments about it the thing that people don't realize is that this is a 16 game marathon. you want to win them all. you want to win your first one, but truthfully you want to win the one you're about to play because that's the most important one. that's our approach. we're going to focus in on one game at a time and when that game is over you want to move on to the next one and i've talked about that to these guys and i think that's probably the most important thing that we focus in on this first game.

and your version...

-He wants to start strong, play physical, but not put too much pressure on winning the opener because it's a long season. Focus on a game at a time.

and it's that underlined and bolded part that you misrepresented that has caused the uproar. you did a good job with the rest of it, but i think you pulled a joe person with rivera's comments because he absolutely stated that the game you are about to play is the most important one and not that he wanted to put too much pressure on them. that was the angle the reporter was fishing for, but that's not what rivera said. rivera didn't say anything about not wanting to put too much pressure on them. he said he wants to win the first one, but each game is the most important game.

#129 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 16,126 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 08:00 PM

Say I didn't represent them well to my face.

If I didn't, it was not a Joe Person move to try to get hits, it was because I thought the "Exactly!" meant he was agreeing with the dude's statement. I heard the guy say it's not good to put too much pressure, then heard Rivera agree. The minimal effort I am willing to put into life lead me to writing what I did.

#130 SnarkAttack

SnarkAttack

Master of Disaster

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 402 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 08:03 PM

I really wish he would've said "Also, we decided to go the IR option for Haruki Naka....Naka....Not gonna work here anymore, anyway..."

#131 TheRumGone

TheRumGone

mountain man

• ALL-PRO
  • 9,876 posts
  • LocationAsheville, NC

Posted 02 September 2013 - 08:03 PM

If I didn't, it was not a Joe Person move to try to get hits, it was because I thought the "Exactly!" meant he was agreeing with the dude's statement. I heard the guy say it's not good to put too much pressure, then heard Rivera agree. The minimal effort I am willing to put into life lead me to writing what I did.

but rodeo, you aint got no face.

#132 rayzor

rayzor

• Moderators
  • -29,302 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 08:05 PM

If I didn't, it was not a Joe Person move to try to get hits, it was because I thought the "Exactly!" meant he was agreeing with the dude's statement.

he wasn't. he started shaking his head before the question was finished. i don't think he really paid attention to that last part because nothing in that answer had anything to do with agreeing that there might be too much preached on winning the first game.

the message was clear....every game is important. each game is the most important game. when you listent to the whole statement i don't see how you can come away with anything else.

#133 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 16,126 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 08:08 PM

he wasn't. he started shaking his head before the question was finished. i don't think he really paid attention to that last part because nothing in that answer had anything to do with agreeing that there might be too much preached on winning the first game.

the message was clear....every game is important. each game is the most important game. when you listent to the whole statement i don't see how you can come away with anything else.

I didn't listen to the whole statement, I was writing as he talked.

#134 TheRumGone

TheRumGone

mountain man

• ALL-PRO
  • 9,876 posts
  • LocationAsheville, NC

Posted 02 September 2013 - 08:10 PM

lock this faceless hipster unknown hinsons' thread up Puhlease

#135 rayzor

rayzor

• Moderators
  • -29,302 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 08:11 PM

I didn't listen to the whole statement, I was writing as he talked.

demotivational-posters-well-theres-your-

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com