Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How much have we improved from 2012?

35 posts in this topic

Posted

I think all of that is mostly right, but I still think our o-line is a disaster waiting to happen.

But just think about next year. If o-line is really our only huge weakness, and we can spend a few early round picks on it and WRs, we literally will be literally pretty good.

Posted

You guys remember the dark days of when we started Mcclain and Fua at DT?

1 person likes this

Posted

I think we are so much better in some areas, but can't wait to see how Shula handles this offense. Going to be interesting to see.

Posted

:Jc:

Posted

get out of my head

I wanted to post something identical to this

Posted

I don't agree with qb being the same and MLB being slightly better. They both have another year under their belts so both improve. Both with explode in production

Posted

shut-whore-mouth.gif

1 person likes this

Posted

get out of my head

I wanted to post something identical to this

yeah i was working on a similar writeup... OP covered it nicely though

Posted

OLB:  Somewhat Better.  Davis has shaken the rust off,while Beason begins the process, but Davis and Beason are tremendous football players.  Beason may take some time to surpass Anderson's production because he is learning and getting back into football shape, but do not discount the fact that beason makes others better.  The improvement lies in the addition of Chase Blackburn and AJ Klein. 

Good overall analysis. Nice job.

As to the part above discussing OLB, I think we all need to be mentally prepared to see a different Jon Beason. Don't be surprised if he plays a relatively minor role in the LB rotation, and he may never be the guy we remember from several years ago. He has had so little work this preseason, and my instincts tell me it's not just because they are trying to save him for when it counts.

I sincerely hope I'm wrong, but he has had some very difficult injuries for any professional athlete.

Posted

The thing that will hold us back from being a true playoff team is the offensive line, and I truly believe that. If they can play well I'm certain well be in the playoffs

Posted

I honestly feel like we're a solid o-line away from Super Bowl contenders. If we draft RT and RG 1 and 2 next year we may just be there.

Posted

Step 1 - run up the middle every play

Step 2 - celebrate beating the panthers