#16 KSpan

KSpan

Bow-chicka-wow-wow!

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,328 posts
  • LocationKansas City

Posted 02 September 2013 - 09:25 PM

You guys remember the dark days of when we started Mcclain and Fua at DT?

:jc:

#17 Icege

Icege

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,691 posts
  • LocationCharleston, SC

Posted 02 September 2013 - 09:49 PM

get out of my head

I wanted to post something identical to this

#18 CarolinaCoolin

CarolinaCoolin

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 2,922 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 02 September 2013 - 10:02 PM

I don't agree with qb being the same and MLB being slightly better. They both have another year under their belts so both improve. Both with explode in production

#19 SIGCHI222

SIGCHI222

the illustrious potentate

• HUDDLER
  • 3,918 posts
  • LocationShelby

Posted 02 September 2013 - 10:30 PM

shut-*****-mouth.gif

#20 PhillyB

PhillyB

hug it chug it football

• HUDDLER
  • 18,757 posts
  • LocationGreensboro

Posted 02 September 2013 - 10:35 PM

get out of my head

I wanted to post something identical to this

yeah i was working on a similar writeup... OP covered it nicely though

#21 Marguide

Marguide

South of the Border

• HUDDLER
  • 5,378 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 10:50 PM

OLB:  Somewhat Better.  Davis has shaken the rust off,while Beason begins the process, but Davis and Beason are tremendous football players.  Beason may take some time to surpass Anderson's production because he is learning and getting back into football shape, but do not discount the fact that beason makes others better.  The improvement lies in the addition of Chase Blackburn and AJ Klein. 

Good overall analysis. Nice job.

As to the part above discussing OLB, I think we all need to be mentally prepared to see a different Jon Beason. Don't be surprised if he plays a relatively minor role in the LB rotation, and he may never be the guy we remember from several years ago. He has had so little work this preseason, and my instincts tell me it's not just because they are trying to save him for when it counts.

I sincerely hope I'm wrong, but he has had some very difficult injuries for any professional athlete.

#22 Kuech the Sneak

Kuech the Sneak

• HUDDLER
  • 4,415 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 12:37 AM

The thing that will hold us back from being a true playoff team is the offensive line, and I truly believe that. If they can play well I'm certain well be in the playoffs

#23 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 15,389 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 12:59 AM

I honestly feel like we're a solid o-line away from Super Bowl contenders. If we draft RT and RG 1 and 2 next year we may just be there.

#24 panthernation23

panthernation23

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 336 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 02:14 AM

Step 1 - run up the middle every play

Step 2 - celebrate beating the panthers

#25 beach

beach

|~~~~|

• HUDDLER
  • 8,699 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 02:20 AM

Our biggest deficiencies are at HC, OC and OL which are highly concerning but everything else minus WR looks great.

We really need a G but I guess they really see value in Gary Williams. 

#26 MHS831

MHS831

• HUDDLER
  • 6,711 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 05:38 AM

Well I think

LOL

#27 Cam2Ligit2Quit

Cam2Ligit2Quit

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 248 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 07:45 AM

I think we are so much better in some areas, but can't wait to see how Shula handles this offense. Going to be interesting to see.

with Clausen and St. Pierre at quarterback, Mike Goodson at running back, and Dante Rosario at TE

#28 CharlottePanther

CharlottePanther

• Stop Making Threads...
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 603 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 09:49 AM

Step 1 - run up the middle every play

Step 2 - celebrate beating the panthers

Remeber that Lions game two years ago that RB Lions literally just signed from their practice squad the prior week ran over 200 yds on us and like two TDs? I dont even rememher his name, Chris something I think. Dark days indeed

#29 Seltzer

Seltzer

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts
  • LocationLKN

Posted 03 September 2013 - 09:50 AM

I have learned you never know exactly what to expect come Week 1...

I honestly believed the 2001 Panthers were going to be a good team, especially after Smitty returned the opening kickoff back on his first NFL touch, and you see how that turned out.

The first half of the 2003 opening was an absolute disaster until Delhomme came in- that still is one of the greatest 2nd Half comebacks of all time.

In 2005, we lost to a Saints team in Week 1 at home that ended up 3-13 and we made the NFC Championship Game.

We were projected to win the SB by SI in 2006 and got demolished by Vick & Dunn at home in the Season Opener

We were 9 point underdogs to San Diego in 2008 (when they were a chiche SB favorite) and won on a last second Delhomme pass (and I was there sitting in the endzone- still one of my best sports memories)

We were actually winning at halftime of the 2010 Opener before the 2nd Half went all to hell- which was a foretelling of the rest of the season

Cam looked like crap during his rookie preseason in 2011 before lighting the world on fire against AZ.  We should have won that game had it not been for the ridiculously bad ST play, especially the one that allowed Patrick Peterson to score the punt return TD.

I was expecting a big win to start against TB last year before our running game got totally blown-up by Gerald McCoy.  Both TB's lines dominated us in the loss.

So, who really knows.  I am very optimistic about the defense this year, but I am afraid our offense is going to have a major regression to start the season.  I hope I am wrong.  I do believe the game will be close.  I think Cam is going to have to make some big throws that he didn't last year against the Seahawks.

#30 thefuzz

thefuzz

coppin a feel

• HUDDLER
  • 7,868 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 10:02 AM

I honestly feel like we're a solid o-line away from Super Bowl contenders. If we draft RT and RG 1 and 2 next year we may just be there.

Who replaces Gross?

We need long term help for the O line, and WR no. 1 position.

Gross and Smith have been leaned on heavily for too many years at premium positions.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.