Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Carolina Panthers A Defense Destined to Dominate

107 posts in this topic

Posted

I guess Peyton is just as effective against the Raiders as he is against San Fran then. Oh my god TWIST look out!

So when he goes to the hall of fame they'll say...well he was really good against the raiders?

I wasn't aware of that but I'll check the next time I'm in Canton.

Posted

I guess Peyton is just as effective against the Raiders as he is against San Fran then. Oh my god TWIST look out!

In fact, I'll make it easy on you.  When you mentioned Cam being stronger, faster, smarter, and tougher than Wilson WHY didn't you mention which defenses he was playing against that made you think that?  I mean if all of those qualities are affected by the defense, then which ones is he better than Wilson when playing?

That's why I think we are arguing to completely different points.  You're saying that the defense Wilson plays against this weekend (Carolina) could be effective against him.  Which is true.  Our defense will hopefully dictate what Wilson can do and hopefully contain him.  

What I am saying that the type of player or the quality of the player that a QB is doesn't change between defenses.  He can be more effective or less effective but the fact that Cam is a top 15 QB doesn't change whether he's facing the 49ers or the Saints.  This isn't fantasy football.

Posted

In fact, I'll make it easy on you. 

It doesnt get any easier than this. Every defense that plays on sundays is a separate instance in space/time. lol

Posted

So when he goes to the hall of fame they'll say...well he was really good against the raiders?

I wasn't aware of that but I'll check the next time I'm in Canton.

Manning is manning, lol dont use Manning's name to justify reasons for Wilson being good. Manning is the best there will ever be. Wilson is just "some young QB" at the moment. If his career were to end now, you and a couple thousand people will remember his name. Manning will be remembered by everyone always.

. . .and by that logic I guess that means that Wilson will automatically own us when we play him and we shouldnt bother because he's going to be awesome no matter what. Its not like variables like PAIN and nerves are going to effect him. Especially not a younger quarterback who is even hard to predict.

Posted

It doesnt get any easier than this. Every defense that plays on sundays is a separate instance in space/time. lol

When talking about how that QB will play that week absolutely.  

There, we're done.

Posted

Manning is manning, lol dont use Manning's name to justify reasons for Wilson being good. Manning is the best there will ever be. Wilson is just "some young QB" at the moment. If his career were to end now, you and a couple thousand people will remember his name. Manning will be remembered by everyone always.

. . .and by that logic I guess that means that Wilson will automatically own us when we play him and we shouldnt bother because he's going to be awesome no matter what. Its not like variables like PAIN and nerves are going to effect him. Especially not a younger quarterback who is even hard to predict.

Absolutely right.  My point was that we aren't facing an Alex Smith or Sam Bradford type QB this week.  Wilson is on another level from a talent standpoint.  

Posted

I am literally going to cry if we lose

My liver is in need of a good season.

1 person likes this

Posted

My junk is in need of a good season. I can't maintain an erection unless we have a winning record...

yeah... its been a while.

Posted

Wilson is on another level from a talent standpoint.  

So knowing this all I have to say is this. . Cam has played more games and has a larger data set where you can analyze him. He has consistently been very good in many areas, key areas in fact, to playing that QB spot. Many people talk about sophomore slumps but nobody talks about 3rd year slumps ("junior slumps"? idk whatever). I dont know if Wilson will have a slump or not, thats besides the point, and its based on future variables that we dont know yet.

I know that Cam is going to be good on Sunday, I dont know that about Wilson yet.

Posted

So knowing this all I have to say is this. . Cam has played more games and has a larger data set where you can analyze him. He has consistently been very good in many areas, key areas in fact, to playing that QB spot. Many people talk about sophomore slumps but nobody talks about 3rd year slumps ("junior slumps"? idk whatever). I dont know if Wilson will have a slump or not, thats besides the point, and its based on future variables that we dont know yet.

I know that Cam is going to be good on Sunday, I dont know that about Wilson yet.

I would say Wilson has actually proven more than Cam has at this point.  He's won games and taken his team into the playoffs.  Cam hasn't even had a winning record in those two years.  

Not saying you're wrong but just saying that we should be so quick to discredit what Wilson accomplished last year.  Yes he had a better defense and much better coaching but you can't really compare the two when it comes to wins and losses.  Not saying you are but just saying that Wilson is more than just an average QB with minimal skills and talents.

Posted

Man, if this is a reflection of the exact same Ravens we played in preseason (watching Ravens vs Broncos), I am beginning to believe our D is going to be something else