106 replies to this topic

#31 Razeyfingers

Razeyfingers

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,648 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 11:37 AM

Good article, General, thx

and dont forget all the depth we have on that line and at linebacker also. That rotation up front is gonna MAUL.

#32 firstdayfan

firstdayfan

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,627 posts
  • LocationColumbia, SC

Posted 03 September 2013 - 11:38 AM

No offense, all this optimism is great and all, but ask the Falcons about Wilson being a "game manager".  Even though they lost he took over that game in the playoffs last year, no question about it.

Think we should be a little more realistic here, the Seahawks are a really, really good team and we will be lucky to come out Sunday with a win.

Debbie Downer time over, go back to being happy.

#33 chubs2496

chubs2496

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,190 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 11:42 AM

No offense, all this optimism is great and all, but ask the Falcons about Wilson being a "game manager". Even though they lost he took over that game in the playoffs last year, no question about it.

Think we should be a little more realistic here, the Seahawks are a really, really good team and we will be lucky to come out Sunday with a win.

Realistically the Seahawks have just a good a shot of winning as we do. It's not like they are this massive monster team. They have good players we have good players. Debbie downer time my @ss. Time to get off that train buddy. Believe in this team. Realistically they don't know what's coming

#34 Cary Kollins

Cary Kollins

keep lbing

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,620 posts
  • LocationWinston-Salem, NC

Posted 03 September 2013 - 11:43 AM

To say we will be "lucky" to win the game is as dumb as saying we are going to blow them out.

#35 top dawg

top dawg

The Creative Cat

• HUDDLER
  • 7,337 posts
  • LocationWITHIN MY MIND'S EYE

Posted 03 September 2013 - 11:47 AM

I don't too much care what the Seatalk fans are saying. Yes, they are a tall order to start the season, but if we play up to our capability and execute, we can bring them down down a peg or two.  We need to match that swagger that we know that the Seahawks will bring to our house and show them some old school Southern hospitality by smacking them square in the mouth for disrespectfully sauntering into our house with a cockiness that borders on the epitome of insolence.  It's not like we don't have the swag master himself playing at QB, a WR with the heart of a lion, and a proven and capable RB that can take it to the house at any time, as well as a human bowling ball to roll over even the toughest defenses down in the trenches. And, let's not forget a few other vets with chips on their shoulders and/or axes to grind---one that can actually peel the layers of smirk off CBs with sheer speed as he blazes by. Oh, and did I forget one of the nastiest front sevens that has potential befitting of legends, and the stoutest---most professional---linebackers in the league with the perfect blend of sheer talent and pride?  The front of our defense can cover over a suspected multitude of sins in our defensive backfield, alone, just by playing to its ability---a defensive backfield that is eager to prove to the world that it's flow of veteran shrewdness and youthful exuberance can and will act in concert with those in the front to complete the beautiful chaos by taking away not only the spirit, but the ball like vultures literally from Seahawk talons.

After it's all said and done, Vegas will tow their lines, the talking heads will take an instant to shut their mouths in disbelief before near seamlessly changing their tunes, and Seatalk fans will learn to not count their little Seahawk eggs before they're hatched.

I nominate you to give the pregame speech to the team

I'll give Zod an A for effort, but I'll nominate myself. 

#36 Sean Payton's Vicodin

Sean Payton's Vicodin

Banned

• HUDDLER
  • 2,237 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 11:49 AM

I am literally going to cry if we lose

Better break out the tissues then. i remember last season Zod said that we would go 13-3 :jc:

#37 Razeyfingers

Razeyfingers

• HUDDLER
  • 3,648 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 11:55 AM

No offense, all this optimism is great and all, but ask the Falcons about Wilson being a "game manager".  Even though they lost he took over that game in the playoffs last year, no question about it.

Falcons D. . . Panthers D. . hmmm ya know it doesnt bother us if youre a Debbie Downer. It just makes you look more irrational when you come up with strange comparisons like that and we all remember that when we read your following posts. Why not just be more specific? Why not tell us how you think that O will beat our D?

#38 R0CKnR0LLA

R0CKnR0LLA

Drunk Posting

• HUDDLER
  • 9,337 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas, NV

Posted 03 September 2013 - 12:02 PM

paper puppets pathetically perpetuating the practice of pomposity

Defense Destined to Dominate

I'm starting to think Zod is that guy from V for Vendetta.

Now honestly, I really think we hold Seattle's offense scoreless. They might get a TD off STs or defense, or a FG where they take over after a turnover already in FG range, but I think this D completely dominates and shuts them down the entire game.

#39 beastson

beastson

Big Money

• HUDDLER
  • 9,657 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 12:06 PM

Zod being visibly pumped up idk if thats good or bad for us

#40 CarolinaCoolin

CarolinaCoolin

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,461 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 03 September 2013 - 12:11 PM

10-6 we win the division.

#41 IGSaint

IGSaint

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,153 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 12:34 PM

Did Beason play last season against the hawks?

#42 O-Ther

O-Ther

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 507 posts
  • LocationMCO

Posted 03 September 2013 - 01:03 PM

Nope. He got hurt the game before against the Foulcuns. Last year's Seahawks game was the first one Luke took over Beason's middle spot.

That's the reason I believe our D is going to overmatch the Seahawks O. Luke's already faced them once with a d-line that couldn't stop their "run the ball 55% of the time" offense. He has better DTs in front of him now & he won't make the same mistakes twice.

#43 firstdayfan

firstdayfan

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,627 posts
  • LocationColumbia, SC

Posted 03 September 2013 - 01:10 PM

Falcons D. . . Panthers D. . hmmm ya know it doesnt bother us if youre a Debbie Downer. It just makes you look more irrational when you come up with strange comparisons like that and we all remember that when we read your following posts. Why not just be more specific? Why not tell us how you think that O will beat our D?

I don't really get what you're trying to say.  My point in bringing up the falcons was that the OP was saying that Wilson was merely a game manager.  That's it.

I didn't mention our defense at all.  The fact is that we actually match up well with the Seahawks offense, and they match up well with our offense.  The difference is going to be how well the quarterbacks deal with pressure in this game.  And to sit there and say that Wilson is merely a game manager is ludicrous.

I'm not saying he will handle pressure well or not but he has the skills to put the Seahawks on his back and win it, much like Cam does.

Anything else you wanna discuss?

#44 Razeyfingers

Razeyfingers

• HUDDLER
  • 3,648 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 02:31 PM

I don't really get what you're trying to say.  My point in bringing up the falcons was that the OP was saying that Wilson was merely a game manager.  That's it.

I didn't mention our defense at all.  The fact is that we actually match up well with the Seahawks offense, and they match up well with our offense.  The difference is going to be how well the quarterbacks deal with pressure in this game.  And to sit there and say that Wilson is merely a game manager is ludicrous.

I'm not saying he will handle pressure well or not but he has the skills to put the Seahawks on his back and win it, much like Cam does.

Anything else you wanna discuss?

You dont get what Im trying to say? It wasnt complicated. Atlanta's D is not the Panthers D, do you get that much? Why are you trying to paint it like its some big mystery to you? lol

Then you close with a passive aggressive statement like that poo haha. Yeah I got more to discuss in fact. I want to discuss how you figure youre watching the same sport as me if you cant tell whos on which team.

and didnt I ask you how they might beat us? You're answer is "Wilson's not a game manager". We'll thats nice and its about as accurate as "but I like Peanut Butter and Chocolate Ice Cream"

#45 Kuech the Sneak

Kuech the Sneak

• HUDDLER
  • 4,835 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 03:13 PM

I think our defense will be great this year, and honestly as much as I love 89 I don't get people that say he's going to torch Sherman

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Carolina Panthers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com