Keep Calm and RELEASE THE KRAKEN

#47 firstdayfan

firstdayfan

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts
  • LocationColumbia, SC

Posted 03 September 2013 - 03:53 PM

You dont get what Im trying to say? It wasnt complicated. Atlanta's D is not the Panthers D, do you get that much? Why are you trying to paint it like its some big mystery to you? lol

Then you close with a passive aggressive statement like that poo haha. Yeah I got more to discuss in fact. I want to discuss how you figure youre watching the same sport as me if you cant tell whos on which team.

and didnt I ask you how they might beat us? You're answer is "Wilson's not a game manager". We'll thats nice and its about as accurate as "but I like Peanut Butter and Chocolate Ice Cream"

Ok...let me start out by saying (something you clearly are missing) is that the "Wilson isn't a game manager" comment had nothing to do about who he is playing or what defense is on the field.  I'm not sure why you don't get that but I'm guessing you misinterpreted my initial post.  I don't know how you got the whole Carolina D vs Atlanta D thing but whatever.  The point I was making that Wilson is much more than a game manager, as he showed in the playoffs against Atlanta.  I hate to say I was defending Wilson, but really, I'm trying to understand why everyone thinks he is an Alex Smith-esque QB.  Because he's not.

And to answer your question about how they might beat us I believe I answered that as well.  I said I felt like we match up well against their offense (Carolina D vs Seahawks O) BUT they also match up well against us (Seahawks D vs Carolina O) and without sounding repetitive (I already answered this) that the game would come down to which QB handled the pressure better.

So, just for you, I'm basically saying that the Seahawks can win on Sunday if Russell Wilson handles the pressure better than Cam.  I also believe their running game is more effective than ours which means they will be able to win the time of possession, something that I feel will be very telling in this game considering the defenses.

If we can rattle Wilson and Cam can make the throws he's capable of then we have a chance.  

Let me know if I can clarify anything else (more passive aggressive stuff).

#48 Dex

Dex

Gameday Menu Connoisseur

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,125 posts
  • LocationConnecticut

Posted 03 September 2013 - 04:00 PM

me gusta.

#49 O-Ther

O-Ther

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 408 posts
  • LocationMCO

Posted 03 September 2013 - 04:10 PM

Hola Dxterity, ¿dónde está la biblioteca?

Esta es la casa de mi tía.

#50 Dex

Dex

Gameday Menu Connoisseur

• HUDDLER
  • 6,125 posts
  • LocationConnecticut

Posted 03 September 2013 - 04:12 PM

Hola Dxterity, ¿dónde está la biblioteca?

Esta es la casa de mi tía.

hamburgesa con queso el lato de chocalate flan. bistec quero.

#51 Razeyfingers

Razeyfingers

• HUDDLER
  • 3,457 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 04:13 PM

Ok...let me start out by saying (something you clearly are missing) is that the "Wilson isn't a game manager" comment had nothing to do about who he is playing or what defense is on the field.  I'm not sure why you don't get that but I'm guessing you misinterpreted my initial post.  I don't know how you got the whole Carolina D vs Atlanta D thing but whatever.  The point I was making that Wilson is much more than a game manager, as he showed in the playoffs against Atlanta.  I hate to say I was defending Wilson, but really, I'm trying to understand why everyone thinks he is an Alex Smith-esque QB.  Because he's not.

And to answer your question about how they might beat us I believe I answered that as well.  I said I felt like we match up well against their offense (Carolina D vs Seahawks O) BUT they also match up well against us (Seahawks D vs Carolina O) and without sounding repetitive (I already answered this) that the game would come down to which QB handled the pressure better.

So, just for you, I'm basically saying that the Seahawks can win on Sunday if Russell Wilson handles the pressure better than Cam.  I also believe their running game is more effective than ours which means they will be able to win the time of possession, something that I feel will be very telling in this game considering the defenses.

If we can rattle Wilson and Cam can make the throws he's capable of then we have a chance.  

Let me know if I can clarify anything else (more passive aggressive stuff).

Youre acting like you said more than you did and you didnt. You used Atl's D as a reference to Wilson not being a game manager. To which I eluded, our D is not their D. The situations are entirely different. Their whole season they rode Lynch to the playoffs, do you disagree? Would they have made it without that line and that rb?

and again when you make it point to close with that like you did. . . again. . Im reading like this "Yes Im trying to be a jackass about it"

Do I think Wilson is a good QB? sure. Better than Cam? no, he cant make the same throws and he cant magically come up with 3rd downs on 3rd and a bizallion. They both handle pressure well I would say, wouldnt you? Cam has dealt with pressure for years now and he's still thrived.

#52 O-Ther

O-Ther

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 408 posts
  • LocationMCO

Posted 03 September 2013 - 04:16 PM

hamburgesa con queso el lato de chocalate flan. bistec quero.

No hay nada mejor que una hamburguesa con queso, excepto un filete envuelto en tocino

#53 Dex

Dex

Gameday Menu Connoisseur

• HUDDLER
  • 6,125 posts
  • LocationConnecticut

Posted 03 September 2013 - 04:17 PM

No hay nada mejor que una hamburguesa con queso, excepto un filete envuelto en tocino

i'm done.

#54 O-Ther

O-Ther

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 408 posts
  • LocationMCO

Posted 03 September 2013 - 04:20 PM

i'm done.

I just speak slowly and put an "o" at the end of words. Where is the bathroom? You know, room-o de bath-o?

#55 firstdayfan

firstdayfan

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts
  • LocationColumbia, SC

Posted 03 September 2013 - 04:44 PM

Youre acting like you said more than you did and you didnt. You used Atl's D as a reference to Wilson not being a game manager. To which I eluded, our D is not their D. The situations are entirely different. Their whole season they rode Lynch to the playoffs, do you disagree? Would they have made it without that line and that rb?

and again when you make it point to close with that like you did. . . again. . Im reading like this "Yes Im trying to be a jackass about it"

Do I think Wilson is a good QB? sure. Better than Cam? no, he cant make the same throws and he cant magically come up with 3rd downs on 3rd and a bizallion. They both handle pressure well I would say, wouldnt you? Cam has dealt with pressure for years now and he's still thrived.

I'm saying that it isn't a matter of whose defense Wilson plays against, he is NOT a game manager type QB.  Yes they did rely on Lynch and a strong defense but towards the end of the year Wilson came into his own and flat out carried that team at times, including the aforementioned Atly anta playoff game.

It's trivial to say that the defense he was playing against has any relevance.  That would be like me saying that Cam turned his season around last year when he began playing poor defenses.  

Seattle has a great defense, and an even better secondary.  I think Cam will have to make extremely accurate passes and good decisions, something that I don't think he excels at, so that's why I said they match up well.  And I don't think its a matter of which QB is "better" but more to the point that which QB will be better on Sunday.  If we can run the ball and Cam can make good decisions and score some points we have a great chance to win.  But we will have to play extremely well to do so.  The seahawks have greater room for error because they are simply more talented.

And I apologize for the comments, I'm not trying to be a smartass, I actually enjoy talking rationally about the team rather than saying "we're gonna blow them out" or "we're going to dominate them" sort of mantra that has been going around lately.  I just haven't seen anything to make me believe that to this point.  I hope we do, but I am just skeptical that we can.

#56 The Huddler

The Huddler

St. Thomas Aquinas

• HUDDLER
  • 4,223 posts
  • LocationRadford University

Posted 03 September 2013 - 04:46 PM

Got the panthers on 2 of my fantasy teams.

Same here. A ton of value. I'm sure you got them late like I did..

...could unseat The 49rs as top Defense. 

#57 The Huddler

The Huddler

St. Thomas Aquinas

• HUDDLER
  • 4,223 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 04:48 PM

These thread happen every year and every year we go out and lay an egg

BOOOOO  GTFO!  lol

#58 FattyFatFat

FattyFatFat

Buddhist Monk

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,572 posts
  • LocationMint Hill

Posted 03 September 2013 - 05:37 PM

Same here. A ton of value. I'm sure you got them late like I did..

...could unseat The 49rs as top Defense.

My very last pick in both. Seattle, 9ers all going off the board in the 7 th and 8th. I just smiled and shook my head.

#59 The Huddler

The Huddler

St. Thomas Aquinas

• HUDDLER
  • 4,223 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 05:41 PM

My very last pick in both. Seattle, 9ers all going off the board in the 7 th and 8th. I just smiled and shook my head.

And I'm sure you used that pick on solid depth, perhaps trade bait in a few weeks.

#60 RelaxImaPro

RelaxImaPro

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 2,321 posts
  • LocationThe Moon

Posted 03 September 2013 - 05:44 PM

I just speak slowly and put an "o" at the end of words. Where is the bathroom? You know, room-o de bath-o?

True story.  I did that in my high school Spanish class.  We had to write a story about going out somewhere to eat and what we'd order... well I didn't know hardly a lick of fuging Spanish because I, uh... skipped that class like all the damn time.

I wrote something along the lines of "I go tu el McDonaldos y geto el Big Maco"

Yeah, my teacher hated me.  :P

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Carolina Panthers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.