Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SCP

Hurney will be on 730AM ESPN Radio this afternoon at 5:20

118 posts in this topic

Well, if you were expecting anything controversial out of that, you're probably disappointed right now.

Hard to hate a man that falls on his sword like that. Really swallowed his pride and accepted his role in the inconsistency.

1 person likes this

Hurney "I gave it my best"  that statement right there will ensure he never lands on another team in the NFL.  if that was his best, imagine what mediocre and bad are.

My sources are telling me he is coming back to the team as an assistant Team President.

He will work over Gettleman and under Morrison, with input on both roles.

JR magic.

Not even funny... 

His voice sounds like the Bar tending Ghoul from Fallout 3.

3 people like this

I've been a football fan and minor player for along time and I am just now realizing that the GM is really the starting point of any team's success. Not the place for on the job training. DG is the first for this franchise.

The craziest part of it all... Hurney was known as a cap expert, and yet, his legacy was potentially destroying our cap by giving out horrible contracts like they were candy on halloween.

Now, I don't put all of that on him, there were some obvious external pressures, but still...

Being intelligent and being wise are two different things.

Need to be intelligent to be a cap expert and deal with numbers.

Need to be wise when dealing with people. Marty is a smart guy, but he wasn't wise managing the team.

.... and tomorrow's guest at 5:20 will be the Don Knotts look-alike guy who shows up at all the minor league baseball games in the Triad to talk about the only bullet he carries...

His voice sounds like the Bar tending Ghoul from Fallout 3.

"Hey, smoothskin."

1 person likes this