Photo
- - - - -

Montreal@Canes

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
11 replies to this topic

#1 Ncstatefan

Ncstatefan

GO PACK!!!

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 654 posts

Posted 14 December 2008 - 03:21 PM

In the Rangers game last night we lost in the SO,1-0, I believe it went 5 rounds deep.

Powerplay was horrible 0 for 8 so I was happy just to get the point.

Another OT loss for Mo, but I'm happy losing close games in OT than not trying at all. Seidenburg, Gleason and Ward were back. All three looked back to their old selves.

I think we'll start to win some of the up and coming games starting with Tuesday.

Buy one get one free offer with donation to Toys for tots (*is that the correct charity?)

#2 Hawk

Hawk

Huddler of the Decade

• Moderators
  • 14,979 posts

Posted 14 December 2008 - 03:25 PM

you get a banged up Habs team rolling into town...gonna be a good game all the same!

#3 Mesmer

Mesmer

Healthy Scratch

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,896 posts

Posted 15 December 2008 - 01:53 PM

Man, this team has been playing better as of late. I don't know if they just needed a change or what, but under Mo this team is doing a lot of things right.

Sure, we have a lot of defensive injuries, and this isn't the most talented team in the NHL, but Mo has them playing pretty well so far. They really impress me sometimes, and do a lot of things right, and other times, they do some things wrong that end up costing them. However, this team looks way better than it did earlier in the season.

If Cam Ward can stay in net, and we keep improving, I feel like we have a chance to win any game that comes our way. If we can improve our Power Play, this team's record will get better fast.

#4 dinz

dinz

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 16 December 2008 - 05:20 PM

hi caniacs, dinz from cape cod mass, my girlfriend are caniacs.. need big wins against habs and panthers.. been following canes since listening to chuck k since 89 and crushing loss in montreal in 7.. keatons the best..

#5 solorca

solorca

Eric Shelton Superfan.

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 418 posts

Posted 16 December 2008 - 07:41 PM

Man, this team has been playing better as of late. I don't know if they just needed a change or what, but under Mo this team is doing a lot of things right.

Sure, we have a lot of defensive injuries, and this isn't the most talented team in the NHL, but Mo has them playing pretty well so far. They really impress me sometimes, and do a lot of things right, and other times, they do some things wrong that end up costing them. However, this team looks way better than it did earlier in the season.

If Cam Ward can stay in net, and we keep improving, I feel like we have a chance to win any game that comes our way. If we can improve our Power Play, this team's record will get better fast.

I don't know if I would really call 1-1-3 record "better". Sure, we aren't losing that much...but we aren't winning either. Not to mention the blown leads and poor play as the game moves along.

Good start tonight though. Eric Staal has two goals in the first for a 2-0 lead.

#6 solorca

solorca

Eric Shelton Superfan.

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 418 posts

Posted 16 December 2008 - 09:04 PM

3-2 at the end of the two. The third will begin with a 5-3 advantage for Carolina.

The Canes should be up by at least a few goals, as Montreal has served 22 penalty minutes (all were the two minute variety), compared to only two minutes for the Canes.

#7 Hawk

Hawk

Huddler of the Decade

• Moderators
  • 14,979 posts

Posted 16 December 2008 - 09:32 PM

3-2 at the end of the two. The third will begin with a 5-3 advantage for Carolina.

The Canes should be up by at least a few goals, as Montreal has served 22 penalty minutes (all were the two minute variety), compared to only two minutes for the Canes.

22-2 sounds a little fishy to me!

#8 merchman567

merchman567

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 17 December 2008 - 08:19 AM

Wow its been so long I forgot what a win looks and feels like. I want to see them build on this. It was great to see Corvo get the game winning goal. Also good to see Staal so chipper after that vicious hit he took. Lets keep em comming!!! Go Canes!

#9 Ncstatefan

Ncstatefan

GO PACK!!!

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 654 posts

Posted 17 December 2008 - 10:48 AM

Power play practice was still a bad performance in my mind but at least we got a win and the D looks good.

#10 WolfPack

WolfPack

Sip it Grip it and Rip it

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 283 posts

Posted 17 December 2008 - 11:18 AM

Yeah the penalty minutes by them was ridiculous, at least we got a win out of it. I am still concerned with our power play ability, we suck at shoot outs too, that's killing us.

#11 solorca

solorca

Eric Shelton Superfan.

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 418 posts

Posted 17 December 2008 - 11:59 AM

22-2 sounds a little fishy to me!

Yeah, it's that Carolina bias that the refs have for the Canes :)

A nice win, even though it shouldn't have been that close given the penalty situation.

#12 WolfPack

WolfPack

Sip it Grip it and Rip it

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 283 posts

Posted 20 December 2008 - 11:23 AM

We actually pulled out an overtime win Thursday night, and against a division opponent too. It's too bad they still get a point out of it, but we shouldn't have let it get to OT anyway.

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com