Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anyone else missing the season opener?

40 posts in this topic

Posted

My grandpa is having a 97th birthday get together/lunch at my mom's church. We are eating around 1:00.

Thankfully:

1. I have a DVR

2. The church has cable or satellite

3. My grandpa has lived 97 years and doesn't give a poo if he's got my whole attention

4. The church is only 5 minutes from my house

I should be able to keep up with the first quarter pretty closely, and then catch up to live status before halftime.

Shout out to my aunt for the impeccable planning.

Posted

We need to meet up while you're in town. 

that may be tough... we are driving down early that morning and heading back as soon as the game is over, erstwhile juggling a three-month-old. you'd have to check with kurb as far as getting together goes... one of these days we need to get everybody out at a bar for a game

Posted

Am i the only loner with mandatory obligations missing the game this Sunday?

Please tell me there are others.

If you are missing the game, do you

A) check your phone every 2 minutes to refresh the score

B) tell everyone to eat a bag of baby dicks and to not text you the score until you get home and watch the dvr of the game

no one else hates the Panthers so much to let some bullshit obligation get in the way... except PhillyB..

3 people like this

Posted

Mandatory???  wtf is that?

No way I'm missing it unless something dire happens.  I have no plans but to be in my recliner at 12:00PM Sunday.

PhillyB if Kurb's house falls thru for some reason, you're welcome at mine...  PM me for address.

1 person likes this

Posted

I go to a communist college with a weekend program and since class only meets one or twice a weekend a month, you pretty much fail the semester if you miss one day.

Posted

I go to a communist college with a weekend program and since class only meets one or twice a weekend a month, you pretty much fail the semester if you miss one day.

when you say "communist" do you mean "catholic"...

weird huh

Posted

when you say "communist" do you mean "catholic"...

weird huh

No comment. Bless the pope.

Posted

I will be there at 8am cracking a beer and in my seat by 12:30. Only shitty part is I have to get up at 4am on Monday to catch a flight.

Posted

I am not in your situation this time, but will be twice this year due to bdays of a niece and nephew.  Fuggin' pisses me off that the parents have to schedule the parties on sunday's every year, and even luckier for me is that my birthday falls on the bye week.  !@#$!@#$$

Posted

I will be there at 8am cracking a beer and in my seat by 12:30. Only shitty part is I have to get up at 4am on Monday to catch a flight.

You'll be good to go Monday morning still reeling in the sweet hangover of victory. Although I feel very badly for the unlucky restroom attendant handing out towels and mouthwash in the restroom you choose to destroy at CLT.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

Posted

No comment. Bless the pope.

that's what he said...

wait,

what?

2 people like this

Posted

I am not in your situation this time, but will be twice this year due to bdays of a niece and nephew. Fuggin' pisses me off that the parents have to schedule the parties on sunday's every year, and even luckier for me is that my birthday falls on the bye week. !@#$!@#$$

And you go because?....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app