Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Carolina Panthers Containing Russell Wilson

81 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

I really think our front four are the difference in the game.

We'll be able to get pressure with just the DL, allowing the LB's to keep Russell limited in his gains when he is flushed out of the pocket over and over and over again.

The biggest thing is the addition of Star, with him anchoring the middle Wilson will be forced to roll out toward the sidelines where Beason and TD roam.

Our DL is also good at batting passes and given his lack of height, that could be a big thing this game.

I'm afraid our offensive line may be the deciding factor. If we manage to only score one TD, unless the defense plays amazing and we have field position most of the game. It's going to be tough but this is where Shula shows his ability to gameplan and Cam shows if he's created new habits and things to watch for before the game. He will need to know what the defense likes to do when things break down.

Posted · Report post

How many can you spot in this photo?

D04_0975.jpg

Let's see, there is Fua, Nakamura, Kearse, and a raw, rookie from Coastal Carolina who struggles in the tackling dept.  I now understand why Lynch is still on his feet with so many opposite-colored jerseys draped all over him.  He hit us at our weakest point--1/3 of the defense.

5 people like this

Posted · Report post

If any team can limit Seattle, it's Rivera's defensive concepts. They showed last year that if they maintain their gap responsibilities and stay on their feet against the zone blocking, one cut running game they can hold the Seahawk's to under 20 points. With what should be a much better pass rush up the middle, the DEs need to make sure that they contain Wilson inside the pocket and make him throw rather than run. The LBs will be key to stopping critical 3rd downs, whether runs or passes. While the secondary will probably play mostly zone, they must limit the YAC and not give up the big play.

I believe that if they can play within themselves, we can contain Seattle. Last week against Pittsburgh, they came out too aggressive and were burned by misdirection, reverses and screens on the first series.

Play Smart...Hit Hard......WIN 20-17.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

The key to breaking Russel Wilson is to break his confidence. Throw him some curve balls. See how he reacts.

I'd say it's more important to stop the running game than surprise Wilson (a very elusive guy) with blitzes 

edit: and by stop the running game, I mean limit Lynch- near impossible to stop him

Posted · Report post

Lol dude is as tall as me.

Posted · Report post

The biggest thing will be endurance. Can the d-line go full steam constantly all game? Can we get decent pressure with different groups on the d-line? CANT TAKE PLAYS OFF! Goes for every game.

Posted · Report post

null_zps0d81c129.jpg

I really hope we sign this crazy bastard.  Love this dude. 

Posted · Report post

Control the running game. Been mentioned

Contain and pressure Wilson. Been mentioned

Play ball control and keep the ball out of his hands. Been mentioned

Pretty much it has been covered.

That receiving corp is not a scary bunch. Limit Lynch and you limit the O.

If we play good to great D, this game is ours.

2 people like this

Posted · Report post

Hope Wilson don't make the trip! :)

Posted · Report post

russell-wilson-pass-on-you-pass-on-them.

Posted · Report post

.........a Nike ad?

...................a Nike ad?

...........................really?

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Ginn has a great history against them too.

Yeah, i'd gladly take Ginn's week 1 performance against them 2 years ago this Sunday