Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Carolina Panthers Containing Russell Wilson

81 posts in this topic

Posted

I believe that if they can play within themselves, we can contain Seattle. Last week against Pittsburgh, they came out too aggressive and were burned by misdirection, reverses and screens on the first series.

Play Smart...Hit Hard......WIN 20-17.

Well said.  Philly got us that way too.  However, the biggest thing we did in this area was to bring in Quinten Mikell at SS.  He is an in-the-box SS (like Mitchell) and he has a lot of experience.

Forget hurting Mitchell's feelings, Rivera.  Start QM.

Posted

The biggest thing will be endurance. Can the d-line go full steam constantly all game? Can we get decent pressure with different groups on the d-line? CANT TAKE PLAYS OFF! Goes for every game.

Much of that comes under point #3, keeping the Seahawks offense off the field.

Posted

When you get a hand on him you better bring him down, I saw him escape and do some crazy poo at NC State.

Posted

Much of that comes under point #3, keeping the Seahawks offense off the field.

Right. I just consider it to be the main thing. Do these guys got enough of air to maintain a high level of play deep in the 4th?

Posted

Right. I just consider it to be the main thing. Do these guys got enough of air to maintain a high level of play deep in the 4th?

Let's see. CJ, Hardy, Alexander, Star, Short, Dwan, Cole, and Addison. I believe we have enough depth to play 4 quarters of pressure football.

The D-line did get gassed last year. Mainly from lack of depth. That should not be an issue this year.

1 person likes this

Posted

You can see Russell Wilson's feet on his driver's license.

3 people like this

Posted

Ginn has a great history against them too.

As a returner, yes, not so much as a receiver......

As far as a pick-6 off of Russell Wilson, the one in last year's game was the only pick-6 that he threw all year.....out of 10 total interceptions.

Posted

That receiving corp is not a scary bunch. Limit Lynch and you limit the O.

I can see where you may see this on the surface, but their stats are low because we primarily run the ball and when we do throw, we have a tendency to spread the ball around.  All the receivers have been clutch and made big plays that led to big wins last year.  I actually LOVE our receiving core and wouldn't trade them (but can't wait for Percy to get healthy so that we can get even more creative with the playbook.

Posted

russell-wilson-pass-on-you-pass-on-them.

everybody did.............twice.

1 person likes this

Posted

As a returner, yes, not so much as a receiver......

As far as a pick-6 off of Russell Wilson, the one in last year's game was the only pick-6 that he threw all year.....out of 10 total interceptions.

The comment you quoted followed several mentions of Ginn and the return game. That is the parallel I was drawing.

Also worth mentioning that Wilson attempted the least passes among starting QB's. That obviously limits your liability; but it also gets you called a game manager.

Posted

I actually LOVE our receiving core and wouldn't trade them (but can't wait for Percy to get healthy so that we can get even more creative with the playbook.

This is where your credibility gets shot to shite. You don't have any WR's you couldn't easily upgrade. Spare us the super homer routine, we share a division with Saints who think Meachem is better than Rice. Jerry Rice, not the hit and miss guy on your roster from our part of the world.

Posted

Our front 4 will make it so easy for our LBs to get to him...Wilson will have a slump season...same as LUCK...RG III as gifted all around as he is...don't think he will last long in the NFL...Capdick samething....I believe our Secondary will be a shocking surprise this year...KEEP POUNDING!!!!