Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Carolina Panthers Containing Russell Wilson

81 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

OMG, seachicken fans trying to really tell us that RW is a better QB than Cam? And that he "prepares" more than anybody, organises throwing sessions etc. Most if not all QB do that. Sanchez does it every year so I am sure Sanchez is a better QB than RW?

Posted · Report post

Wilson is the better passer, Cam has outscored Wilson and is the better all around QB.

You can teach Cam technique, footwork, etc. you can't grow Wilson, or transfuse Cam's athleticism.

QB's are about scoring.

Cam wins.

Posted · Report post

It's gonna be a moot point, anyway. Wilson doesn't meet the height requirement to ride the Black & Blue Wrecking Crew experience.

Posted · Report post

The aspect that interests me most is our beatup oline against their beatup dline, anyway...CN vs RW won't ever be seen on the field, so, not much point in discussing it anyway, imo.

Posted · Report post

I am only going by the very words you used to describe him. One season does not make a career.

I think he is a gifted quarterback and a good person, but it appears you are having difficulty removing the homer glasses. Seems to be a common trait with your fan base. Yet you make such outlandish claims about our QB.

". One season does not make a career."

Seriously? Perhaps you should consider the difference between saying a person is a legend and saying that person's work ethic is legendary, and consider the context of it being a young man.

Posted · Report post

I am only going by the very words you used to describe him. One season does not make a career.

I think he is a gifted quarterback and a good person, but it appears you are having difficulty removing the homer glasses. Seems to be a common trait with your fan base. Yet you make such outlandish claims about our QB.

Removing words from context is not effective communication.

Posted · Report post

If you want to pretend all QBs are equal in this, go ahead, but it makes you look like the homer, not me. Some are legendary for thier prep, attention to detail, film study, some are not. Manning is one of them and look what he has become over the years. Wilson already is legendary for this, and it will likely reflect in an elite career as a QB.

I've read nothing so far that indicates Newton works as hard as Wilson. Perhaps he does, but where is the evidence of it? I've seen comments/write-ups about Kaepernick and Luck working at an exceptional level, but not Cam. If the evidence is out there, great, we can stop looking at this as a differential between them. But I've not seen it yet.

A simple google search shows multiple sources talking up Cam's work ethic, including Joe Gibbs. I don't want to sound like a douche, but Joe Gibbs has forgotten more about football than you could ever hope to learn.

There were also reports last season that Seattle should go with Flynn late into the season when things started going badly, including a stretch where Seattle had the worst passing production in the league.

Posted · Report post

A simple google search shows multiple sources talking up Cam's work ethic, including Joe Gibbs. I don't want to sound like a douche, but Joe Gibbs has forgotten more about football than you could ever hope to learn.

There were also reports last season that Seattle should go with Flynn late into the season when things started going badly, including a stretch where Seattle had the worst passing production in the league.

What, I'm supposed to do my research and yours? I did, though. Can't find anything other than talking points. Got anything about his organization, hours of study, off-season prep... anything?

"There were also reports last season that Seattle should go with Flynn late into the season"

Not from the Seattle Seahawks. Oh, and just what was Cam's stat line from the Seattle game? And who cares what the case was early or mid-season? Why would you even raise that? Last five games: 114 passer rating. It was over 100 for the playoffs, too. Now, given that massive improvement over the season, why would you act as if mid-season a year ago means anything within the context we are discussing? The issue is the two in comparison to each other, not one or the other in isolation at some irrelevant point in the season.

And, your comment about idiot pundits? Really? Could you come up with anything less relevant? I can't help it if pundits say stupid stuff on TV or put stupid stuff in print. Anyone paying attention knows that the biggest obstacle for Wilson was trying to plat with one hand behind his back. Again, after the Chicago game said they were catching up to what Wilson was capable of, not the other way around. They just didn't allow themselves to believe they could just let Wilson loose.

Sure, he was a rookie and there were things he did that rookies do, but obviously far less than most rookies.

This is getting boring. If none of you have anything explicitly about Cam's work patterns, we've gone in enough circles with this. Please note, and I am repeating here, I never said Cam had a bad work ethic, only that Wilson's is extraordinary, and better.

Isn't the logic simple? Since Cam is such a superior physical specimen, shouldn't he be outperforming Wilson by a goodly amount given he is a year ahead in the pros? Why hasn't he?

He's 6 inches taller, no? Forty pounds heavier? Why are their INT/ATT almost identical? Why is Wilson's TD/ATT ratio so much higher? He had an average O line and average receivers and can't even see his receivers, so how did he do that?

Really, enough. Try to read ALL my comments and not just the one's you want to take out of context. *I never said Cam prepares poorly or is lazy.*

You are all encouraged to visit Football Outsiders and check out their advanced stats analysis.

Posted · Report post

Good to know that Wilson has zero weaknesses and will be immune to any kind of second year struggles.

These guys are some serious homers. I can see now why they ban other fans over there so much.

Please, tell us his weaknesses.

You apparently believe every QB has a sophomore slump. Cam's QB rating was virtually the same his second year. Do you feel he had a slump, or is he just that special he's the only QB to never have one? Or, since he didn't improve statistically that equals a slump?

Posted · Report post

This is getting boring. If none of you have anything explicitly about Cam's work patterns, we've gone in enough circles with this. Please note, and I am repeating here, I never said Cam had a bad work ethic, only that Wilson's is extraordinary, and better.

That may be true. Many players who lack in size or the physical tools compensate with extra time in the film room and on the practice field. It is commendable.

Cam is a physical QB specimen that the league has never seen. While he does put in a ton of work and does have an excellent work ethic, he may not have to put in the extended hours that a Russell Wilson does.

Posted · Report post

They trusted WIlson so much last year that he threw the fewest amount of passes out of all starting QBs, despite being ranked 5th in time of possession.

All for a QB rating of 100. Yeah, he sucks. What was Cam's? In his second year, no less? 86?

Per attempt average? 7.9 for Wilson... and Cam. Over 9 in the playoffs. Hmmm.... Dude SUCKS.

102 rating in the post-season. Yup, just a game manager. 3 TDs in 2 games. Just a game manager. Came back from 14 down and 21 down to win one and lose the other because Carroll didn't kick a field goal. Yup, just a game manager.

Posted · Report post

You apparently believe every QB has a sophomore slump. Cam's QB rating was virtually the same his second year.

His second year QBR is slightly better than his first year, only because of his top 5 QB performances over the last 6 games.

You see, in late November the Panthers made major changes to the offensive game plan. Our old OC, Chudzinski, had been using the Panthers as an audition for a head coaching role. He would design and call plays not to be effective, but to just show the league how amazing he can be. Guess what, it worked, he is now head coach of the Browns.

With six games to go there was an intervention and a scaling back of the offensive playbook. The result? Cam's QBR in the 100s and a 5-1 record while scoring 30+ points in most of the games.

During that stretch, the final 6 games of the 2012 regular season, Cam was a top 5 QB in the league. We have no reason to believe that cannot continue this season.