Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

So its Thomas over Norman, Amini over Wharton and Mitchell over Mikell

48 posts in this topic

Posted

My phone is being stupid and wont let me past but this is per ESPN, those our are starters for this Sunday. So we sign a pro bowler SS just to be a back up. Genius! We have a CB that led the pre season in picks and we bench him. GENIUS!

Posted

Has this been announced? Im sure Mikell won't be on the bench long.

Posted

smoke screen?

1 person likes this

Posted

Norman will find his way into that starting job fast, don't worry. 

Wharton was for rotation and depth

Mikell is so old he could break a him

/thread

Posted

Take your benzo and calm down

Posted

Don't understand putting Norman on the bench unless they think he is just too much of a gambler on a play to play basis. Seattle is a big play/play action team. If Norman tries to jump a few play action routes and they lead to TDs then it puts our offense in a bad situation against a front 7 that LOVES to play downhill. Wilson isnt going to throw picks...he just doesn't do it. Never did it in college, didn't do it last year as a rookie. The best way to limit Seattle is to be solid tacklers and to force them to go 3 and out.

If we were playing the Cowboys and you could count on a few errant throws from Romo then I'd say start Norman...but Wilson is too disciplined. Start whoever is most fundamentally sound.

3 people like this

Posted

Take your benzo and calm down

I take all mine at once, it makes for a great day.

Posted

My phone is being stupid and wont let me past but this is per ESPN, those our are starters for this Sunday. So we sign a pro bowler SS just to be a back up. Genius! We have a CB that led the pre season in picks and we bench him. GENIUS!

Mikell needs to get in football shape before he can be labeled a starter. You don't just walk on to week 1 and start a full game after missing all TC and preseason work.

Wharton was signed as depth and to start if poo gets ugly.

Norman? He will essentially start in nickel and dime looks

1 person likes this

Posted

Zod is right, the "starting lineups" don't really mean all that much...

Posted

i think people act like mikell and wharton are just ready to go even though they have hardly practiced with the team. give it time.

4 people like this