Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

So its Thomas over Norman, Amini over Wharton and Mitchell over Mikell

48 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

2 of these players just joined the team.  Learning the playbook takes a few weeks and is not optional

Posted · Report post

Wharton is not in 'football shape' yet, per Person.

Mikell just got here.  He'll need to acclimate a little (though if Mitchell isn't able to go...)

Thomas is a decision, though I have a feeling CBs will rotate some.

Posted · Report post

You are one lucky man have a couple for me ill be stuck at work all day

If it makes you feel any better, I have to get up at 4am to catch a flight on Monday so I will be done drinking by 1:00 on Sunday.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Yay its football season again...woo!

Posted · Report post

I agree with Rivera's starters. Wharton and Mikell may start a few games from now after getting into football shape. Norman isn't quite as sound in coverage yet. He still leaves a cushion that Wilson would expose. Thomas won't be the defensive weakness I am more concerned about Captain out on an island.

Posted · Report post

@jjones9: FWIW #Panthers unofficial depth chart just released: Gross, Silatolu, Kalil, Williams, Bell, Newton, D Williams, Tolbert, Olsen, LaFell, 89

@jjones9: Defense: Johnson, Lotulelei, D Edwards, Hardy, Davis, Kuechly, Beason, Thomas, Munnerlyn, Mitchell and Godfrey

@jjones9: I added "unofficial" and "FWIW" because, well, just that. Plenty to shake out this week including CB, SS and LG

Posted · Report post

Never been excited about Mikel(what he was a pro bowler like 5 years ago? maybe?)

All pro 08,09. Pro bowl 10, 11

Posted · Report post

SS is a key to this game.  Mitchell  better stay home and not get any Personal Fouls. Cut backs and misdirection will fall on the SS and backside ends.  When we were burned by Philly and Pittsburgh, the backside discipline was poor.

Silatolu will be tested.  Seattle has 3 DEs out for one reason or another, so they will try to find pressure from other places.  I expect a lot of blitzes.  Knowing he is young, not smart (based on last year's films and some dumb mistakes this year), I think he will be targeted.  However, if Silatolu is a go and you bring in a 32-year old coming off knee surgery and he beats Silatolu out before getting into game shape, you have basically regressed at the LG position in a few ways.

Thomas is a better tackler and Seattle is one of the most run-centered team going.  Norman is still inconsistent at times.  Regardless, expect Norman, Thomas, Munnerlyn, and Moore to be on the field a lot.

Posted · Report post

If it makes you feel any better, I have to get up at 4am to catch a flight on Monday so I will be done drinking by 1:00 on Sunday.

In other words, you'll be passed out around kickoff. Cool...

Posted · Report post

All pro 08,09. Pro bowl 10, 11

amazing no one picked him up before now, huh?

Posted · Report post

Thread author is all over the place. Yesterday it was "don't panic" if we lose, and now we're supposed to panic over this meaningless non-issue? Please stop making threads....

Sent from my SCH-I535 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Mikell needs to get in football shape before he can be labeled a starter. You don't just walk on to week 1 and start a full game after missing all TC and preseason work.

Wharton was signed as depth and to start if poo gets ugly.

Norman? He will essentially start in nickel and dime looks

Norman worries me in the nickel package, much rather Capt be there. For that matter I rather the roles reversed because Capt gets beat like a drum on the outside IMO.
1 person likes this