#91 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,470 posts
  • LocationOn a Sales Call

Posted 04 September 2013 - 10:44 PM

AE beat Flacco in a national title game.

In my college career I lost to Randy Moss, Terrell Owens, Chad Pennington, and Dexter Coakley. All at the I-AA level.

Too bad the SoCon is dying. Birthplace of the ACC and SEC.

#92 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 16,505 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 04 September 2013 - 10:46 PM

Yeah i was pretty sure Flacco lost to Armanti for the FCS title.  That's why I brought it up and made you do "my" research P55.

You are right, Flacco did play at a D-1AA school.  That was a good call.  I forgot he played that low.

I guess that proves it though.  Since Flacco played in 1-AA then all 1-AA quarterbacks are just as good as Division 1 guys and that Armani is just as good as Flacco since his team beat Flacco's.  So if we had put him at quarterback we might have been in the Superbowl like Flacco.   Or maybe Flacco was the exception to the rule.................Take your pick.....

#93 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • 12,538 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

I also want to point out that he wasn't "only worked out at receiver" as P55 claimed. Multiple teams worked him out at only QB, including the Pats and Eagles.

#94 Kral

Kral

Internet Legend

• HUDDLER
  • 6,828 posts

In my college career I lost to Randy Moss, Terrell Owens, Chad Pennington, and Dexter Coakley. All at the I-AA level.

More stories please.

edit: Seriously more please.

#95 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 14,765 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 10:47 PM

Totally unrealistic for a guy who wasn't talented enough (or didn't meet the academic requirements) to earn a spot on a Div.1 roster to make it to the NFL. Little known fact: Jerry Rice was a hologram.

#96 Kral

Kral

Internet Legend

• HUDDLER
  • 6,828 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 10:47 PM

You are right, Flacco did play at a D-1AA school.  That was a good call.  I forgot he played that low.

I guess that proves it though.  Since Flacco played in 1-AA then all 1-AA quarterbacks are just as good as Division 1 guys and that Armini is just as good as Flacco since his team beat Flacco's.  So if we had put him at quarterback we might have been in the Superbowl like Flacco.   Or maybe Flacco was the exception to the rule.................Take your pick.....

Ha no way man.  I just drunk post.  I saw your challenge and had to say "nuh-uh." :)

#97 Squirrel

Squirrel

Drink a beer and relax

• HUDDLER
  • 12,311 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 10:48 PM

Is Jon Kitna still in the league??

Why limit it to this year?  Oh yeah doesn't fit your argument.

#98 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 16,505 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 04 September 2013 - 10:48 PM

It is much easier to make the transition from 1-AA to the NFl at running back or linemen or even receiver versus quarterback.  Unless you are using Chad Pennington as proof of successful transition in the NFL.

#99 Cpt slay a ho

Cpt slay a ho

Lord Flacko

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,766 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 04 September 2013 - 10:51 PM

like that ae got a spot because he could play qb3 and his wr ablities that seem to be coming together but still don't think he beat gettis out wonder what's in store for him good answers overall except the o line thing kinda bugs me

#100 SCP

SCP

• HUDDLER
  • 19,470 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 10:51 PM

It is much easier to make the transition from 1-AA to the NFl at running back or linemen or even receiver versus quarterback. Unless you are using Chad Pennington as proof of successful transition in the NFL.

I was just remembering some of the talent I shared the field with in I-AA in the SoCon.

#101 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 14,765 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 10:52 PM

Phil Simms
Kurt Warner
Steve McNair
Jake Delhomme
Rich Gannon...

All figments of your imagination.

#102 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 16,505 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 04 September 2013 - 10:54 PM

Why limit it to this year?  Oh yeah doesn't fit your argument.

I said currently playing not just this year. A guy could have come in the league a decade ago and still be playing so that would be current. There are always exceptions to the rule and there are guys from division III who have played in the NFL.  I just asked who was current and there is one- Flacco.  That does suggest that there are quarterback exceptions who are talented enough to make the transition.  It still doesn't mean Edwards would be one of them.

#103 SCP

SCP

• HUDDLER
  • 19,470 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 10:55 PM

Chad Pennington
Tony Romo
Dave Kreig

And I believe it's well known that my patience for AE is thin because we traded up for his ass.

#104 TheRumGone

TheRumGone

mountain man

• HUDDLER
  • 8,147 posts
  • LocationAsheville, NC

Posted 04 September 2013 - 10:57 PM

armanti beat joe flacco in the national championship ftw forever and ever

#105 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • 12,538 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 04 September 2013 - 11:00 PM

While Jacksonville will come to ASU today to audition him as a return man only, he said the Panthers, Colts and Dolphins all want to come here to see him throw and run routes. Along with the Panthers, representatives from Kansas City, Buffalo, Washington, Detroit, Baltimore, Pittsburgh, Jacksonville, Philadelphia and Cleveland were on hand for Tuesday’s workout.

http://web.archive.o...dwards-but.html

There, he'll work as both a passer and a receiver.
"The Panthers have been showing a good amount of interest, more than any team," Edwards wrote on the website. 
He said New England and Jacksonville have also asked for workouts, along with Indianapolis.

http://www.heraldonl...on-armanti.html

Just to reiterate that he wasn't "just worked out at receiver".

Either way, the argument can go back and forth until infinity because we will never know. He's three years into being converted into a WR and he's never going to be converted back. Neither side can prove their point beyond a shadow of a doubt because there's just no way to do so. There are those who believe he could have been successful as an NFL QB, and I'm one of them. There are those who will flat out say that he couldn't, like P55, and no argument will sway them. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.