Posted 04 September 2013 - 03:08 PM

A reminder that Cam is at 30-1 odds to win MVP

#3 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,429 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 03:15 PM

He likes what he's seeing out of quarterback Cam Newton in terms of leadership and passing. "He had a really good day in practice on Monday. He had a real good day throwing the ball. He's making good strides. I feel real good about him.''

pretty much all that was said.

#4 PantherPhann89

PantherPhann89

CPP "Carolina Panther Phann"

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,283 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 04 September 2013 - 03:41 PM

Nice, I'd like to see Cam take better care of the ball, meaning throwing less interceptions, controlling the game and not overthrowing open receivers. I think his errand throws are more fault to his footwork or not setting his feet before the throw...

#5 PhillyB

PhillyB

that jungle football

• ALL-PRO
  • 20,488 posts
  • Locationthird spur east of the sun

Posted 04 September 2013 - 03:53 PM

but that pregnant pause!

#6 Cary Kollins

Cary Kollins

keep lbing

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,648 posts
  • LocationWinston-Salem, NC

Posted 04 September 2013 - 04:05 PM

A reminder that Cam is at 30-1 odds to win MVP

I put down $33 at 33-1.

#7 Chaos

Chaos

@chaos_cltsports

• ALL-PRO
  • 9,267 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 04:09 PM

He is working to reach an injury settlement with the 13 players the Panthers waived injured. He wouldn't rule out re-signing a few once the team is allowed to in nine weeks. Wide receiver David Gettis and guard Edmund Kugbila might be candidates

This makes it sound like we waived Kugbila - that's not the case, correct?  He went straight to IR I thought.

#8 Lemory

Lemory

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,375 posts
  • LocationRivera's Doghouse

Posted 04 September 2013 - 04:11 PM

This makes it sound like we waived Kugbila - that's not the case, correct?  He went straight to IR I thought.

Man you beat me to it. I was just typing that, but yes he went straight to IR. Our personal reporter needs to catch up.

#9 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,429 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 04:17 PM

Man you beat me to it. I was just typing that, but yes he went straight to IR. Our personal reporter needs to catch up.

expect more of these issues when you see this:

By David Newton | ESPN.com

#10 PantherFeez

PantherFeez

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 549 posts
  • LocationCharlotte NC

Posted 05 September 2013 - 12:09 AM

expect more of these issues when you see this:

By David Newton | ESPN.com

He's from ESPN so I am not expecting anything good from him. Person does a better job than this guy and that's not saying much

#11 CPcavedweller

CPcavedweller

• HUDDLER
  • 2,360 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 12:17 AM

Nice, I'd like to see Cam take better care of the ball, meaning throwing less interceptions, controlling the game and not overthrowing open receivers. I think his errand throws are more fault to his footwork or not setting his feet before the throw...

That's really a lot of work. He needs to remember to check down since we have enough down field plays in the play book. He wasn't good about that at the beginning of last season which led to 2nd and 3rd and long situations. Also led to interceptions at times. I guess someone put that in his suggestion box because the second half of the season wasn't a problem for him.

I personally am ready for him to finish his degree so he can focus on nothing but football. The strides he took during the lockout being able to do nothing but football did wonders. While going to school is great, we need to see that dedication again.

#12 NanuqoftheNorth

NanuqoftheNorth

Frosty Alaskan Amber

• HUDDLER
  • 4,452 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 05 September 2013 - 12:25 AM

He likes what the team has done to beef up both sides of the line, pointing out that both Super Bowl teams a year ago were strong up front. He's optimistic the offensive line that has been injury plagued during camp will do well, although he's not as comfortable with them as the group he had with the New York Giants. "We had the same offensive line together for five years," Gettleman said. "Those guys could roll out of bed in March and play."

With out a doubt, Gettleman will be drafting some offensive linemen for Cam next year.

#13 SgtJoo

SgtJoo

Reppin that Bull City

• HUDDLER
  • 3,620 posts
  • LocationDurham, NC

Posted 05 September 2013 - 12:35 AM

He's from ESPN so I am not expecting anything good from him. Person does a better job than this guy and that's not saying much

I mean he's slow putting some stuff out but he's definitely better than Person because he actually produces some unique content that's worth reading.

Even if it is a little slow on the draw.

#14 GoApps70

GoApps70

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 436 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 04:11 AM

The proof will be in the pudding.  Each early game is worth more than any other.  Confidence and the other team

not knowing if they can win comes from early victories.

49802-Elmo-Katy-Perry--PandaWhale-EDr2_z

#15 PantherPhann89

PantherPhann89

CPP "Carolina Panther Phann"

• HUDDLER
  • 3,283 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 05 September 2013 - 09:51 PM

That's really a lot of work. He needs to remember to check down since we have enough down field plays in the play book. He wasn't good about that at the beginning of last season which led to 2nd and 3rd and long situations. Also led to interceptions at times. I guess someone put that in his suggestion box because the second half of the season wasn't a problem for him.

I personally am ready for him to finish his degree so he can focus on nothing but football. The strides he took during the lockout being able to do nothing but football did wonders. While going to school is great, we need to see that dedication again.

That's really a lot of work... but I think Cam can handle it. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com