Photo
- - - - -

The problem was Chudzinski

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
88 replies to this topic

#76 GaCatFan

GaCatFan

NOT NEWB

• PipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 04 September 2013 - 08:34 PM

We should have had a coach over Chud that could either have approved or denied his gameplan and kept him in check!

We could have called him a Chief Coach. Or maybe a Lead Coach. I don't know, I'll think of a better name.,

I thought that was HEAD coach was for.

#77 ladypanther

ladypanther

SENIOR HUDDLER

SUPPORTER

Posted 04 September 2013 - 08:36 PM

We should have had a coach over Chud that could either have approved or denied his gameplan and kept him in check!

We could have called him a Chief Coach. Or maybe a Lead Coach. I don't know, I'll think of a better name.,

Chud sabotaged the season, and Ron just stood back and let it happen.  Meh.

If we had a normal offense to start the year we probably win pretty all those early games in the season except for the Giants maybe.  How many games did we struggle to score 14 points again?

Fact:....1st part of the season sucked.

Fact:....Hurney fired after awful start.

Fact:....Offense improved (and W-L) 2nd half of season.

Makes me wonder....was Hurney so enamored with Chud that he gave him too much autonomy with the offense? Think about it...how many GM's are fired mid year?

May have been Hurney who loved Chud too much.  

I am surprised and very grateful that anyone wanted him as HC. TY Cleveland.

#78 FirstRoundPick

FirstRoundPick

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 04 September 2013 - 08:42 PM

Fact:....1st part of the season sucked.

Fact:....Hurney fired after awful start.

Fact:....Offense improved (and W-L) 2nd half of season.

Makes me wonder....was Hurney so enamored with Chud that he gave him too much autonomy with the offense? Think about it...how many GM's are fired mid year?

May have been Hurney who loved Chud too much.  

I am surprised and very grateful that anyone wanted him as HC. TY Cleveland.

SMH at  the huddles evidence for unsubstantiated claims.  

I hate Hurney as much as the next guy, and a lot of it is his fault, just not in the way you are saying it is.  

Fact :  I ate a burrito this morning.

Fact :  I found a twenty in the parking.  

Conclusion Eating burritos in the morning lets you find twenties in the parking lot.  

#79 FirstRoundPick

FirstRoundPick

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 04 September 2013 - 08:50 PM

He was the QB in the Tampa play....threw a screen pass and then it was thrown back to him.

You are right but it still doesnt negate my point.  He was still a threat when he lined up wide that and that play showed why if the defense doesnt pay attention to him and he gets in space.  Cam Newton lining up out wide doesnt automatically = failure.  If he took our best blocker and non running threat Gross and lined him up wide then yeah whoever came up with that would have a point. 

My main point in this isnt whether or not Chud was any good but whether or not he was calling "wonder plays" that didnt work to get a head coaching job.  Taking Steve's word for this isnt credible enough for me.   

#80 ladypanther

ladypanther

SENIOR HUDDLER

SUPPORTER

Posted 04 September 2013 - 08:54 PM

I hate Hurney as much as the next guy, and a lot of it is his fault, just not in the way you are saying it is.  

Conclusion Eating burritos in the morning lets you find twenties in the parking lot.  

I had 3 facts....you only had two.

My point is...there may be alternate theories.  Mine makes sense.  Does it mean it is true? No...., but it is plausible.  Just want to balance out other things that are out there.  (But...with Smitty's comments I may have standing/)

#81 FirstRoundPick

FirstRoundPick

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 04 September 2013 - 09:04 PM

I had 3 facts....you only had two.

My point is...there may be alternate theories.  Mine makes sense.  Does it mean it is true? No...., but it is plausible.  Just want to balance out other things that are out there.  (But...with Smitty's comments I may have standing/)

3rd Fact :  I didnt eat a burrito yesterday and didnt find a twenty yesterday.  

Is it plausible that your theory is true..sure.  Anything that is not impossible is plausible, but I wouldnt put money on it.  

#82 ladypanther

ladypanther

SENIOR HUDDLER

SUPPORTER

Posted 04 September 2013 - 09:09 PM

3rd Fact :  I didnt eat a burrito yesterday and didnt find a twenty yesterday.  

Is it plausible that your theory is true..sure.  Anything that is not impossible is plausible, but I wouldnt put money on it.  

Just presenting an alternative theory.  It is all theory.  No one here knows the truth.  Speculation and theory abound. I like my theory.

#83 Jmac

Jmac

HUDDLER

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 05 September 2013 - 08:43 AM

Chud needed Harry Houdini to run that offense. lets see how "the genius"does in Cleveland.

#84 Zaximus

Zaximus

I'm Brett Jensen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 05 September 2013 - 08:56 AM

I seriously doubt Chud mailed it in, while he was trying to find a head coaching job.  However, I could see him "experimenting" with some stuff to use in future jobs, etc.  That just didn't work well for our team.  

I think Smith's comments were weak and he should have just kept it to himself.  Chud is gone, and so, there is no point really.  Let it go.   Smith is the greatest Carolina Panther, but he gets a pass on way too many things (punching people out at practice, stupid penalties, running his mouth too much) but I'd still rather him be on my team than play against him lol.  Other players have hinted at the same thing but I'm not sure they really are talking about it a handful of games before the new season with a new coach.

We'll see how people's hate of Chud is after a handful of weeks of Shula.

#85 Dunn

Dunn

SUPPORTER

Posted 05 September 2013 - 09:31 AM

Give Tolbert the rock. End of Story.

#86 Peppers90 NC

Peppers90 NC

HUDDLER

Posted 05 September 2013 - 09:41 AM

so no blame on lack of execution huh?

#87 cbully

cbully

HUDDLER

Posted 05 September 2013 - 09:45 AM

at the end of the day this is assumption. we haven't even played week 1 so how can we say what is the problem. we still have some other people to evaluate. (coaching)

#88 Brandon

Brandon

Everything and Nothing

HUDDLER

Posted 05 September 2013 - 09:46 AM

This wasn't a claim, it's conjecture and nothing more based off the language used. Don't like what someone said? Fine, but don't try to twist things around.

#89 jarhead

jarhead

HUDDLER

Posted 05 September 2013 - 09:48 AM

Will also give you gas