#1 NanuqoftheNorth

NanuqoftheNorth

Frosty Alaskan Amber

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,930 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 04 September 2013 - 10:01 PM

What do you do when you're a politician live on television and a pastor who is against marriage equality asks you why you support it?  

Here is what Australia's prime minister, Kevin Rudd, did:

#2 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 24,306 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 10:33 PM

I saw it l.

It should be noted that Kevin Rudd is also a Christian... with all the bad press Christians get(its well deserved mind you) its nice to see some good stuff as well

#3 mav1234

mav1234

• ALL-PRO
  • 16,752 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 10:37 PM

I like his responses...

interesting setup, too.

#4 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • 12,733 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 04 September 2013 - 11:09 PM

Saw this yesterday. I thought about posting it on the huddle, especially since Trucatz is back. 

#5 CarolinaNCSU

CarolinaNCSU

• ALL-PRO
  • 5,391 posts
  • LocationRaleigh

Posted 04 September 2013 - 11:15 PM

Saw it on Kurb's Facebook earlier, and nice to see it making the rounds here as well.

#6 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 24,306 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 06:03 AM

Saw this yesterday. I thought about posting it on the huddle, especially since Trucatz is back.

yep. tcf coming back was not a unanimous vote. His every post is now under the microscope

#7 Matthias

Matthias

• HUDDLER
  • 4,147 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 06:36 AM

This is more of a creation question then anything else.  It comes down to the history of mankind.  Were we created by the God of the Bible, or did we come about through abiogenesis and the history of the world as observable science presents to us?  If it's the latter, I don't see why anyone would believe the God of the Bible exists at all.

You see, I'm a young earth creationist.  For that reason, most would call me delusional.  However delusional or not, anyone who accepts abiogenesis and common descent, and with that still believes the God of the Bible is true, I would say they are more delusional than I am. (And I mean no offense, but if anyone is offended by that, it's the clear truth)  Think about it, they whole homosexual issue comes down to how God created us.  Did He created us to be attracted to the opposite sex?  If He did, then homosexuality is off the mark of creation, it's a sin.  As a creationist, I also agree with the politician in that people are born attracted to the same sex.  Why?  Simply because we are all born off the mark, we are all born with a corrupt nature.  Does everyone see where I'm going with this?

I'll be back later to give a more in depth response.  By the way, I'm a creationist, but I don't force my views on people.  There's a reason why I believe what I believe.  I also believe there is hardcore evidence that proves the earth is young and the history of Genesis is literally true.  So I don't expect anyone to be persuaded the earth is young without that evidence.  So I'm on that.

#8 TANTRIC-NINJA

TANTRIC-NINJA

The holy ghost of Mr. Miyagi

• HUDDLER
  • 6,352 posts
  • LocationColumbia, South Kacky

Posted 05 September 2013 - 07:00 AM

Long live Peter Gabriel and Phil Collins..Genesis will always be literally in my heart!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

#9 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,750 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 07:25 AM

I'm sure the scientific community will be awaiting your hardcore evidence with great interest Mattias.

#10 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 33,957 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 05 September 2013 - 07:35 AM

I watched the video on Kurb's fb feed as well and found it very interesting.  The guy who asked the original question didn't have too much to say...

#11 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,086 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 07:38 AM

By the way, I'm a creationist, but I don't force my views on people.  There's a reason why I believe what I believe.  I also believe there is hardcore evidence that proves the earth is young and the history of Genesis is literally true. 

I can't wait for this. Talking snakes are awesome. Big harry potter fan here.

#12 Anybodyhome

Anybodyhome

USN Retired

• HUDDLER
  • 7,089 posts
  • LocationWherever I May Roam

Posted 05 September 2013 - 07:49 AM

Long live Peter Gabriel and Phil Collins..Genesis will always be literally in my heart!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

Guess I'm a young earth creationist as well since I've seen Genesis live when Peter Gabriel and Phil Collins were both still part of the group....

.... so the earth is only, like 30 years old?

Enough of the sarcasm. Bravo Mr. Prime Minister

#13 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 24,306 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 07:51 AM

This really is a Land of Confusion

#14 Anybodyhome

Anybodyhome

USN Retired

• HUDDLER
  • 7,089 posts
  • LocationWherever I May Roam

Posted 05 September 2013 - 07:58 AM

This really is a Land of Confusion

Well played. Did you know this part of genesis was recently re-created by Disturbed.... perhaps a new Revelation of an old Genesis.

#15 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 24,306 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 09:13 AM

Well played. Did you know this part of genesis was recently re-created by Disturbed.... perhaps a new Revelation of an old Genesis.

I like both versions quite a bit. Which is weird because I generally do not listen to the Disturbed genre per se

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com