Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Marriage Equality and the Bible

78 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

What do you do when you're a politician live on television and a pastor who is against marriage equality asks you why you support it?  

Here is what Australia's prime minister, Kevin Rudd, did:

http://youtu.be/TzV1r5SCc8U

3 people like this

Posted · Report post

I saw it l.

It should be noted that Kevin Rudd is also a Christian... with all the bad press Christians get(its well deserved mind you) its nice to see some good stuff as well
2 people like this

Posted · Report post

I like his responses...

interesting setup, too.

Posted · Report post

Saw this yesterday. I thought about posting it on the huddle, especially since Trucatz is back. 

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Saw it on Kurb's Facebook earlier, and nice to see it making the rounds here as well.

Posted · Report post

Saw this yesterday. I thought about posting it on the huddle, especially since Trucatz is back.

yep. tcf coming back was not a unanimous vote. His every post is now under the microscope

Posted · Report post

This is more of a creation question then anything else.  It comes down to the history of mankind.  Were we created by the God of the Bible, or did we come about through abiogenesis and the history of the world as observable science presents to us?  If it's the latter, I don't see why anyone would believe the God of the Bible exists at all.

You see, I'm a young earth creationist.  For that reason, most would call me delusional.  However delusional or not, anyone who accepts abiogenesis and common descent, and with that still believes the God of the Bible is true, I would say they are more delusional than I am. (And I mean no offense, but if anyone is offended by that, it's the clear truth)  Think about it, they whole homosexual issue comes down to how God created us.  Did He created us to be attracted to the opposite sex?  If He did, then homosexuality is off the mark of creation, it's a sin.  As a creationist, I also agree with the politician in that people are born attracted to the same sex.  Why?  Simply because we are all born off the mark, we are all born with a corrupt nature.  Does everyone see where I'm going with this?

I'll be back later to give a more in depth response.  By the way, I'm a creationist, but I don't force my views on people.  There's a reason why I believe what I believe.  I also believe there is hardcore evidence that proves the earth is young and the history of Genesis is literally true.  So I don't expect anyone to be persuaded the earth is young without that evidence.  So I'm on that.

Posted · Report post

Long live Peter Gabriel and Phil Collins..Genesis will always be literally in my heart!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

Posted · Report post

I'm sure the scientific community will be awaiting your hardcore evidence with great interest Mattias.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

I watched the video on Kurb's fb feed as well and found it very interesting.  The guy who asked the original question didn't have too much to say...

Posted · Report post

By the way, I'm a creationist, but I don't force my views on people.  There's a reason why I believe what I believe.  I also believe there is hardcore evidence that proves the earth is young and the history of Genesis is literally true. 

I can't wait for this. Talking snakes are awesome. Big harry potter fan here.

2 people like this

Posted · Report post

Long live Peter Gabriel and Phil Collins..Genesis will always be literally in my heart!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

Guess I'm a young earth creationist as well since I've seen Genesis live when Peter Gabriel and Phil Collins were both still part of the group....

.... so the earth is only, like 30 years old?

Enough of the sarcasm. Bravo Mr. Prime Minister

1 person likes this