Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Marriage Equality and the Bible

78 posts in this topic

Posted

not trying to single you out Lloyd at all, but how do you know which higher being to "bet on"? 

are you basically just going with your gut?  I am honestly curious on this because I have heard a few posters here suggest that someone like myself, that holds no beliefs really, just worship the Christian God so I can get into heaven... but there are a lot of paths to deity-granted salvation so I don't really like that idea.

That's actually a great question, and to be completely honest, I have no answer. Who's to say one religion is right verses another? This is yet another problem I have with organized religion. This is also why I said that I believe in a maker, not a specific deity. 

Posted

Then I believe in the deity that gives me like a billion dollars.

You are looking at it the wrong way.  You should start a deity where other people give you a billion dollars.

Joining a religion causes you give money, and takes credit for anything good that may happens to you.

Posted

Then I believe in the deity that gives me like a billion dollars.

Ehh I was more talking about the afterlife; obviously it does not seem that whatever deities exist frequently alter reality as far as most of us can tell to do things like that. :P

Posted

You are looking at it the wrong way.  You should start a deity where other people give you a billion dollars.

Joining a religion causes you give money, and takes credit for anything good that may happens to you.

Pat Robertson is getting a little long in the tooth, maybe Rodeo could step into his shoes and make a few billion in change.   

Seems like there is never a shortage of people eager to give their money away to shysters in hopes of proving to God that they are worthy of entering the pearly gates of heaven.

http://youtu.be/rJ6ruM7Muo8

Posted

Pat Robertson is getting a little long in the tooth, maybe Rodeo could step into his shoes and make a few billion in change.

Seems like there is never a shortage of people eager to give their money away to shysters in hopes of proving to God that they are worthy of entering the pearly gates of heaven.

http://youtu.be/rJ6ruM7Muo8

Tell people what they want to hear and then ask for money.

I've considered encouraging my son to go into that field. Are u really taking advantage of people when they are so willing and happily give?

1 person likes this

Posted

dude you just started a rapid fire matt dillahunty youtube marathon. thanks!

1 person likes this