Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Marriage Equality and the Bible

78 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

not trying to single you out Lloyd at all, but how do you know which higher being to "bet on"? 

are you basically just going with your gut?  I am honestly curious on this because I have heard a few posters here suggest that someone like myself, that holds no beliefs really, just worship the Christian God so I can get into heaven... but there are a lot of paths to deity-granted salvation so I don't really like that idea.

That's actually a great question, and to be completely honest, I have no answer. Who's to say one religion is right verses another? This is yet another problem I have with organized religion. This is also why I said that I believe in a maker, not a specific deity. 

Posted · Report post

Then I believe in the deity that gives me like a billion dollars.

You are looking at it the wrong way.  You should start a deity where other people give you a billion dollars.

Joining a religion causes you give money, and takes credit for anything good that may happens to you.

Posted · Report post

Then I believe in the deity that gives me like a billion dollars.

Ehh I was more talking about the afterlife; obviously it does not seem that whatever deities exist frequently alter reality as far as most of us can tell to do things like that. :P

Posted · Report post

You are looking at it the wrong way.  You should start a deity where other people give you a billion dollars.

Joining a religion causes you give money, and takes credit for anything good that may happens to you.

Pat Robertson is getting a little long in the tooth, maybe Rodeo could step into his shoes and make a few billion in change.   

Seems like there is never a shortage of people eager to give their money away to shysters in hopes of proving to God that they are worthy of entering the pearly gates of heaven.

http://youtu.be/rJ6ruM7Muo8

Posted · Report post

Pat Robertson is getting a little long in the tooth, maybe Rodeo could step into his shoes and make a few billion in change.

Seems like there is never a shortage of people eager to give their money away to shysters in hopes of proving to God that they are worthy of entering the pearly gates of heaven.

http://youtu.be/rJ6ruM7Muo8

Tell people what they want to hear and then ask for money.

I've considered encouraging my son to go into that field. Are u really taking advantage of people when they are so willing and happily give?
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

dude you just started a rapid fire matt dillahunty youtube marathon. thanks!

1 person likes this