• Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cookinwithgas

How about those RED SOX!

I guess the second prospect involved was ranked #11 in the Giants system and was considered their "closer of the future."  Seems like a very good deal.

Well Toronto sure as hell have ended any thoughts of making a run.  That Marcus Stroman kid is pretty damn good.

I really hope we see a total firesale where we get a ton of young talent.

I am fine with it as long as it is the right return

Sent from my XT1049 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

Lester traded to Oakland.  Not sure on the prospects, hope they were worth it.  I really liked some of the prospects in LA as well as Bell in Pittsburgh, the latter was reportedly available.

Holy crap, Lester and Gomes for Cespedes.  I am ecstatic about that, I love Cespedes.

Good move for the Red Sox.....my first thought is WTF Oakland??!!!  Maybe it makes sense but initially I don't get it.  

They are all in this year.  Lester-Gray-Samardizija-Kazmir looks like an All-Star team.  I definitely am rooting for them come October.

What a deadline.  Getting Craig and Kelly for Lackey I think is a good return and then one of the Orioles top prospects for Miller.    Heck, even trading with the Yanks in a salary dump of Stephen Drew.  Well done Ben Cherington.  It is nice to root for a team that has no problems selling and selling hard when the situation calls for it.

Also, Tampa did poorly in their return for Price.  Good day all around.

http://espn.go.com/boston/mlb/story/_/id/11392841/boston-red-sox-add-cuban-rusney-castillo

Now this excites the heck out of me.  Just two months ago my brother and I were talking about how successful these Cuban bats have been recently and how the Sox need to get some.  First they trade for Cespedes and now 2/3 of the OF is Cuban.  I figure being on the same team can only be a positive for both of them.  If this kid turns out to be the real deal then it is an incredible contract.  Still need a rotation but it is rare that a 56-72 team could make me so excited for the following season.

Reports say that the Sox are "all-in" on Pablo Sandoval.  Not sure how I feel about this.  Yes he fills two major needs (3B and can bat lefty) but the 6 year, $90 million contract he is looking for is a bit much to me for a guy with his numbers of late. 

OPS

2011 .909

2012 .789

2013 .758

2014 .739

That is not exciting to me, not for that much money/years

The Sox have extended a contract offer to Jon Lester.  Would be really interesting if we managed to bring him back, although I do not think that it is likely.  I hope they attempt to bring Miller back as well.