Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cookinwithgas

How about those RED SOX!

290 posts in this topic

A Gator and a Jay.  You are not in the Dunedin area are you?

Grew up in NC. Father's side of the family all went to UF. I eventually followed. First professional baseball game I ever went to was a Toronto-NY game in NYC. I hated the Yankees, so I picked the Jays. Its been a tough ride ever since.

Grew up in NC. Father's side of the family all went to UF. I eventually followed. First professional baseball game I ever went to was a Toronto-NY game in NYC. I hated the Yankees, so I picked the Jays. Its been a tough ride ever since.

Gotcha.  Their Spring Training is really close to where I lived in FL.  Next to the Phillies the Jays are the team we saw most often and I actually know several Jays fans who became fans for that reason.  The O's had their time two years back, maybe this is your year for October baseball.  If the Sox cannot take it then give me the Jays or O's, I cannot stand Tampa or New York.

Gotcha.  Their Spring Training is really close to where I lived in FL.  Next to the Phillies the Jays are the team we saw most often and I actually know several Jays fans who became fans for that reason.  The O's had their time two years back, maybe this is your year for October baseball.  If the Sox cannot take it then give me the Jays or O's, I cannot stand Tampa or New York.

I'm hoping they can keep it up. They are playing good ball right now. Even when we have a bad game and are held scoreless for most, the chance of a few guys just busting it wide open in one inning is pretty high. It's been fun to watch. When I lived in Florida, I went to Spring Training in Dunedin one year. That was just the second time I've seen them live.

I'm going to be at Fenway next Saturday and am already set to start drinking early. Sigh.

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

1 person likes this

Every time they look like they are putting things together, they fall apart again.

1 person likes this

TorontoBlueJays2012primary.png

Jays!

Went and saw my halos take all 3 games that I went to a couple weekends ago in Toronto.

There's no way they can keep up they way they've been hitting. But the rest of the division has been struggling so they might not have to. I usually watch most Jays games because they show them all here and the angels usually don't play until after. They've been fun to watch so far this year.

Went and saw my halos take all 3 games that I went to a couple weekends ago in Toronto.

There's no way they can keep up they way they've been hitting. But the rest of the division has been struggling so they might not have to. I usually watch most Jays games because they show them all here and the angels usually don't play until after. They've been fun to watch so far this year.

The way they were hitting was otherworldly. They've come back down to earth recently. If they want to win the division, they need another starting pitcher. Heard them linked to a few guys, but I'd really like James Shields.

The way they were hitting was otherworldly. They've come back down to earth recently. If they want to win the division, they need another starting pitcher. Heard them linked to a few guys, but I'd really like James Shields.

Yep, I've heard the same thing. Shields is 32 and a FA after this season I believe. I'm in the same boat with the Angels and wanted one more starter. But after getting burned by Grienke I'm a little hesitant in trading away anything on our already depleted farm system for a soon to be FA.

But yeah, if they jays landed a Shields type pitcher or Shields himself before the deadline they could be dangerous. They hold a nice little lead in the division right now.

Dickey getting touched up a bit right now. Surprised to see Morales already up with the Twins. Not sure if you remember him breaking his leg jumping on home plate in La. Really too bad because if it wasn't for that, Pooholes probably wouldn't be in LA

Yep, I've heard the same thing. Shields is 32 and a FA after this season I believe. I'm in the same boat with the Angels and wanted one more starter. But after getting burned by Grienke I'm a little hesitant in trading away anything on our already depleted farm system for a soon to be FA.

But yeah, if they jays landed a Shields type pitcher or Shields himself before the deadline they could be dangerous. They hold a nice little lead in the division right now.

Dickey getting touched up a bit right now. Surprised to see Morales already up with the Twins. Not sure if you remember him breaking his leg jumping on home plate in La. Really too bad because if it wasn't for that, Pooholes probably wouldn't be in LA

Dickey was such a frustrating signing for me. I know his Cy Young year with the Mets was pretty remarkable, but knuckleball pitchers are just so streaky.

Are the Angels after anyone in particular?

Dickey was such a frustrating signing for me. I know his Cy Young year with the Mets was pretty remarkable, but knuckleball pitchers are just so streaky.

Are the Angels after anyone in particular?

I hear ya, I heard so many Bourjos for Dickey rumours and although I wasn't a Bourjos fan I did not want Dickey.

I doubt it, maybe a lefty reliever but that's about it. They're still paying Vernon LOL