Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

How about those RED SOX!

266 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Great game tonight.  Just as we had our chances in Game 4, Detroit had theirs in Game 5.  The staff and defense came through when needed.  Two games at the Fens, but they have the game's second best 1-2 punch.  Just need one of them.  Go Sox!!!

6 down, 5 to go!

Posted · Report post

huge win. Uehara is just unhittable right now. Whenever we have the lead past the 8th inning, I don't feel pressure. It's great.

Posted · Report post

I know, I love watching him pitch.  We have had so many RP in the past that cannot throw strikes, it has been surreal at times.  Having a closer who makes the hitter earn everything he gets is so much fun.  Best WHIP in history!

Posted · Report post

Luckily I will be at my brother in laws house Saturday. He's a former college baseball player who likes beer, good because I am needing alcohol to get through watching these games.

Posted · Report post

I have felt confident about this team the whole series.  Game Six makes me a little nervous though.  Buchholz has not shown the stamina since returning that we need to see on Saturday.  If he performs we will be fine.

Posted · Report post

Almost game time.  Here is hoping Clay fares better than Clayton did in his own Game Six.

Posted · Report post

Well, this is what I was afriad of.  Clay was great through five but simply does not have the stamina, allowing the first two to reach in the sixth.  Bullpen must now come through to preserve the slim 1-0 lead.  Come on Sox!

Posted · Report post

We crap.  Dammit Morales.  Should have brought in Breslow, I do not care what inning it was.

Posted · Report post

Hell yes, way to go Shane!!!

7 down, 4 to go!!!

Posted · Report post

Never give up! Mister 2 for 26 lol

Posted · Report post

What are your predictions for the Series? I'm saying Sox in 6, and we win it at Fenway.....we do have an 8 game Series winning streak though

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

I think it goes 6.  I am on the fence as to which team wins.  When the playoffs began I felt the two teams that could beat us were St. Louis and Oakland and I think the series is one incredible match-up.

-We do not have the DH advantage AL teams normally enjoy with Craig coming back. 

-We have the pen advantage as long as you only go three deep.  After that it swings their way.

-They have the best pitcher in the series with Waino, but I think Lester can beat him at least once due to the Cards weaknesses against lefties.

-I do not trust Peavy at all and Clay does not have much stamina at this point.  That being said, Shelby Miller hit a wall weeks ago and the rest of their rotation after the top 2 do not scare no

I think who wins the series comes down to Lackey v. Wacha.  If either wins both of their starts then that team wins the WS.  If they split then it goes seven and with Clay v. Kelly on the mound and all hands on deck it is a total crapshoot.

I may think differently if I had money on it, but since I do not I am going to say Lackey completes his redemption tour by out pitching Wacha and winning MVP.  Sox in 6.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0