Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SCP

Football Outsider has Panthers rated 6th best team in NFL

69 posts in this topic

Ha, well they predicted the Saints to have the worst defense in the NFL in 2012.  Hell, their 2012 predictions really weren't that bad.  I mean some stick out like a sore thumb like the Jets (but who expected that big of an implosion?) and the Colts, Seahawks, and Redskins pretty much came out of nowhere and were impossible to predict anything for.

I am a big fan of FO. They do great work. And their analysis seems spot on to me.

Now we need to play up to our abilities.

This really isn't that crazy.  We had a top 10 defense last year and now we have Beason back, Short, Star in the front 7 and more experience in the secondary.  It only makes sense we'll be better.  Not to mention Rivera has fielded two different #1 defenses with a 3-4 and a 4-3 in the past (Bears, Chargers).   If there is one thing he knows, it's defense.  I know McDermott is the DC but you know Rivera has a hand in there.

The offense was a top 5 offensive before last year, with relatively the same roster (offensive line differences).  

This SHOULD be a good team.   Now, if that'll happen, we'll see, but we were historically unlucky last year in close games, even if we win half of the close games last year, we are a playoff team, and the same the year before.  

This is a game where performance does not always equal results. We were better than 7-9 last season.

This season we might not be completely deserving of all 10 of our regular season victories.

But we are better in somegood places and I love our chances to compete

I suggest everyone read and or sub to ProFootBall focus and Football Outsiders.

They do the poo ESPN and NFL network should be doing.

This.

Stop bitching about ESPN while you continue to read/watch ESPN.

I haven't watched Sports Center in years. I've gotten a lot smarter about football because of it.

5 people like this

I'm taking this with a grain of salt. They had the Jets and Bills both in the playoffs last year.

I suggest everyone read and or sub to ProFootBall focus and Football Outsiders.

They do the poo ESPN and NFL network should be doing.

I do not pay much attention to ESPN but the NFL Network makes me want to Puke. They only talk about The Golden Calf of Bristol, Mark Sancheese,and RG3. That is pretty bad considering The Golden Calf of Bristol and Sanchez are horrible football players.